closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1536

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

I watched Everything Everywhere All at Once a couple of months Ago before it won the Oscars.

i enjoyed it then, and found it very different, if maybe a little bit trippy with the plot.

However it has to be one of the most Marmite films released recently, and i can understand why many people don't like it.

Loved everything everywhere all at once. GF hated it. I suppose it is a bit marmite, but it really is about people and relationships rather than a superficial marvel video game type of a film.

Master
    The Luther movie was another that's so poor/implausible that I genuinely wonder how it gets made. Obviously plenty spent on the production but just so rubbish and unimaginative. Complete dross.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    The Luther movie was another that's so poor/implausible that I genuinely wonder how it gets made. Obviously plenty spent on the production but just so rubbish and unimaginative. Complete dross.
    I came in here to post the exact same thing.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I came in here to post the exact same thing.

Complete and utter rubbish.
    The Head Hunter

Very strange gore horror fantasy film. The problem was no real plot.
    It's very low budget, low on talent, and actuality it's a slow and boring crawl to a very disappointing end, which in my opinion didn't make any sense.

(I'm now curious to watch the Luther movie, as it's been so heavily slated on here !!)

Run Sweetheart Run.

Jeez, don’t think I’ve seen a worse movie since watching ‘The Grey’.

Absolutely awful film…

I can report that The Meg 2 is the most mind-bogglingly stupid film I have seen for years. Although I must admit I do find the straight-faced earnestness with which Jason Statham approaches material like this very endearing. But Warners has no shame giving tripe like this a theatrical release, and what was Ben Wheatley thinking? Once touted as the British Scorcese, he's rapidly becoming the British Bruno Mattei.

As an aside, it is somewhat surprising in these miserable times to see the cheerful return of the comedy black man, à la Mantan Moreland or Willy Best in the Bob Hope comedies of the 1940s. That's lovely stuff.
    Last edited by Seamaster73; 13th August 2023 at 09:50.

I’m going/being dragged to see The Meg2 on Monday. I haven’t seen the first one but I don’t anticipate this being a major problem.

That said, so far this summer I have been to see three films - Oppenheimer (hugely overrated), Indiana Jones (watchable but nothing special), and Barbie (not as bad as it could have been, but verging on a feminist rant at a couple of points).

So it hasn’t been a vintage summer at the cinema so far.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    The Pope’s Exorcist. Load of poo.

The Creator - it's a dumb movie, virtually no part of it survives thinking about it for more than a minute before it becomes implausible. It looks fabulous, thought, the visuals are great!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    I've sat through a couple of absolute turkeys recently, the worst offenders being;

How it Ends. A an apocalyptic event sort of premise, starting at "day zero" with the events unfolding during the movie. It had potential, but a truly terrible script and awful direction hurt it, and the ending left me wanting to give away my telly on Facebook Marketplace and just give up on all forms of visual media forever.

Alas, I didn't give up, which is why this week I was subjected to the Halloween sequel/revival/reboot/whatever. Rubbish, and pointless. And worse still it's part of a trilogy so now I have to endure Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends as my wife is in a weirdly festive Halloween mood. I hope Michael Myers gets to her before we have a night with a free couple of hours.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uptheaddicks View Post
    John Wick 4
    Damn was looking forward to that tonight while the wife is out.

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    Saturday watched Killers of the Flower Moon - good newspaper reviews but I thought it was tosh. Then watched the latest mission impossible yesterday which was more tosh. And then Barbie which was best by far of the movie weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    The Creator - it's a dumb movie, virtually no part of it survives thinking about it for more than a minute before it becomes implausible. It looks fabulous, thought, the visuals are great!
    I too was really disappointed, expecting so much more. Looked great but thats it unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Expend4bles - an hour and 43 minutes of my life I'll not get back. I know they're not a high brow collection of films but jesus wept. The acting is even worse than any of the other three, Megan Fox is as bad as ever. The CGI is poor and wouldn't be out of place in something like Sharknado.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Don’t know if this is allowed to be said but

Just paid for and watched Mission Impossible

Blimey just a collage of every other action movie ever no flow whatsoever same old storyline

Impersonating senior CIA chief, Car chase, damsel in distress, rubber mask, airport scene, get the team together, 3 second nuclear count down, bike stunt we’ve seen a thousand times before movie release, roof of train fight scene, train crash, cliff hanger.

On a positive note Barbie was brilliant.

I've just finished watching John Wick 4.

I really enjoyed the first one, but have felt things were on a downward trajectory since then.

JW4 must rate amongst the most ridiculous films I've ever seen.

I have an Amazon Prime free trial at the moment, I'd have felt most aggrieved to have spent any money watching this...

It's like Strictly with guns, absolute rubbish.
    Last edited by snowman; 24th November 2023 at 13:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Watched 'The Pope's Exorcist' on DVD last night - what a load of crap, and yet I rather enjoyed it! Is this how senility starts?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

I really enjoyed the first one, but have felt things were on a downward trajectory since then.

I have an Amazon Prime free trial at the moment, I'd have felt most aggrieved to have spent any money watching this...

Couldn't agree more. Just bloody awful!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

+1

Brian

Master
    Speaking of Barbie as some have been, I saw Barb Wire the other day on some sky channel, it was truly awful, even Pamela Anderson in her hey day and being as sexy as she could, could not help this movie.

Even with very low expectations "Baywatch" managed to disappoint. I'm assuming it was made during the screen writers strike.

Watched It Snows in Benidorm last night, a film where absolutely nothing happens. Nothing!
    What a waste of Timothy Spall, there's definitely a plot but it goes nowhere and then just finishes. Mind you I slept like a log afterwards last night so maybe not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Watched It Snows in Benidorm last night, a film where absolutely nothing happens. Nothing!
    What a waste of Timothy Spall, there's definitely a plot but it goes nowhere and then just finishes. Mind you I slept like a log afterwards last night so maybe not all bad.
    Yeh but there's always the 'Pearls'

Spall was superb but I get your gist - would have been nice to involve the brother line more ?

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Yeh but there's always the 'Pearls'
    ?
    I did think the Alex character was a fella at first, I was half expecting a “Crying Game” moment…

Master
    The Marvels. Wow. I might boycott Disney altogether after that steaming pile.
    Unfortunately the kids were keen to see it as we've just finished the ms marvel series on the Disney channel so despite the reviews, I gave it a look.

It is one of the worst things I have ever seen... summed up perfectly by the satirical "pitch meeting" channel on YouTube (linked below).
    https://youtu.be/NacTCPmfDEM?si=VUdpvrLRoXPx3zb6

It's utter crap-ness has been compounded by the fact that Brie Larson is all over the American media blaming this total failure on chauvinistic men not wanting to watch female led superhero movies, when actually it's just a really really terrible piece of work.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Royal Hotel just don’t

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Corner Office… Oh. My. Days!

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    It's utter crap-ness has been compounded by the fact that Brie Larson is all over the American media blaming this total failure on chauvinistic men not wanting to watch female led superhero movies, when actually it's just a really really terrible piece of work.
    This reaction to producing truly awful TV or films seems to be growing.

The absurdity of Netflix's Cleopatra (Claptrapa?) being defended as 'racists not liking the facts' (and then Egyptians winning a court case against them!) is very similar to poorly scripted, acted and generally thought through films failing being blamed on the audience.

It's totally absurd, not to mention insulting to the audiences, that these prima donnas get to 'explain' why their shitshow projects are generally rubbished and unloved.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Napoleon was a bit meh ! to be honest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    The Marvels. Wow. I might boycott Disney altogether after that steaming pile.
    Unfortunately the kids were keen to see it as we've just finished the ms marvel series on the Disney channel so despite the reviews, I gave it a look.

It is one of the worst things I have ever seen... summed up perfectly by the satirical "pitch meeting" channel on YouTube (linked below).
    https://youtu.be/NacTCPmfDEM?si=VUdpvrLRoXPx3zb6

Snopes.com suggests that she's not made any such comments. Having searched for actual quotes made post-release, I have to say that they're probably right.

The film does seem to be a pile of crap though.

Blog Entries
    I would like to plea for a promotion of this thread to Sticky Thread! You have no idea how often I go to this thread before I fire up Netflix or others!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjones3 View Post
    Saturday watched Killers of the Flower Moon - good newspaper reviews but I thought it was tosh. Then watched the latest mission impossible yesterday which was more tosh. And then Barbie which was best by far of the movie weekend!
    I watched Killers of the Flower Moon tonight. That’s a 3.5h movie that’s over 3h too long.

How it’s getting rave reviews I don’t know.

z

Craftsman
    Creed 111. What a pile of rubbish. Turned it off halfway. I can see why Stallone didn’t want anything to do with this movie.

Master
    Genie on Sky

Don’t go there. I don’t care how Christmassy your other half is feeling, find something else.

Northern Shade

US Vet trying to deal with his Demons and the ghost of his fallen buddy tries to stop yonger brother commiting big crime with looney vigilanty group, fails

There I've saved you 2 hrs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Genie on Sky

Don’t go there. I don’t care how Christmassy your other half is feeling, find something else.
    Fighting the wife to NOT watch this at the moment, looks god awful!

Craftsman
    I have clearly become an age, where I am not willing to just sit through rubbish for the sake of it. (50 is the magic number).

Recent films I switched off part way through.

John Wick 4 (Enjoyed the other 3)
    Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning (Also enjoyed previous ones, this was just boring)
    Genie (Wife wanted to watch it, even she thought it was rubbish).

I nearly gave up on Oppenheimer.

I gave up on Oppenheimer, found it tedious and I imagine we all of us know the end...yay you´ve- we´ve become death whopppeee.

What do you get if you bring together Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Arnold, Bill Paxton, Art Malik, Tia Carrere and Charlton Heston with one hundred million of your 1994 dollars in a production written and directed by James Cameron?

True Lies. A cravenly-dire, almost pant-wettingly atrocious film, that's what.

It hasn't aged well, not well at all.
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 5th December 2023 at 15:05. Reason: additional rubbishing

I've had a run of three Turkeys. The edge of the world, oh my god its awful. I followed that up with Clint Eastwoods Cry Macho, I'm sorry 93 year olds should not be acting, it was like watch Joe Bidon play James Bond! I finished this weekend off with Unchartered, Mark Wahlberg, sort of watchable for the family but pretty crap.

I watched Slave Girls (1967) on TPTV more out of hope than anticipation and thought as it was Hammer film it may have redeeming features.

It was an absolute shocker and this old film buff could only manage 20 minutes.

Cheers,
    Neil.

I caught a few minutes of Slave Girls at the weekend.

Interesting cast, for those of us of a certain age:

Edina Ronay, daughter of the iconic sixties food critic Egon Ronay. She progressed to being a well-known fashion designer. Her first name was lifted for Jennifer Saunders' character in AbFab, Edina Monsoon.

Martine Bestwick, twice cast in Bond movies before becoming a semi (fnaaaaar!)-regular in Italian nudie films.

Carol White, also known as the Battersea Bardot.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I caught a few minutes of Slave Girls at the weekend.

Interesting cast, for those of us of a certain age:

Edina Ronay, daughter of the iconic sixties food critic Egon Ronay. She progressed to being a well-known fashion designer. Her first name was lifted for Jennifer Saunders' character in AbFab, Edina Monsoon.

Martine Bestwick, twice cast in Bond movies before becoming a semi (fnaaaaar!)-regular in Italian nudie films.

Carol White, also known as the Battersea Bardot.
    Indeed.

I thought it might be half decent with that cast but unfortunately.....
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Watched the acclaimed pair of Japanese films, Drive my car and Wheel of fortune and fantasy, both are very good, think I enjoyed Wheel slightly more.

Master
    Flight home, I briefly put Barbie on.

I didn’t manage to get through the opening credits before I’d had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I've had a run of three Turkeys. The edge of the world, oh my god its awful. I followed that up with Clint Eastwoods Cry Macho, I'm sorry 93 year olds should not be acting, it was like watch Joe Bidon play James Bond! I finished this weekend off with Unchartered, Mark Wahlberg, sort of watchable for the family but pretty crap.

I gave up half way through Uncharted and didn't think about it again until this thread reminded me of it. Zero excitement or engagement. Avoid.

I've just seen the thread title and I have to impulsively drop The Last Voyage of the Demeter here.

Watched Five Nights at Freddy’s with my Son, he enjoyed it but I thought it was one of the worst things I’ve seen.