closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1536

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

'How It Ends' on Netflix.

Forest Whitaker and some banal bloke, who looks like he's been ripped straight from a 'GAP' advert, chase across the USA following an unspecified disaster/apocalypse event, in order to save a girl. That makes it sound quite exciting, but it's really not.

Given how this execrable film ends - or rather infuriatingly, doesn't end in any meaningful sense - I can only assume that the film title is an in-joke.

Sorry if that's a bit of a giveaway on the ending, but if you still wish to sit through a couple of hours of plodding personality vacuum & cliche, whilst feeling your life slip away, followed by smashing your TV at the end in frustrated annoyance, then feel free to give it a go.

"Sorry to bother you"; the reviews were not ok, starring Danny Glover, Armie Hammer and Forest Whitaker with a 6.9 rating on iMDB; unfortunately it's complete rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Rebecca - waiting for something to happen... maybe it did but I gave up an hour and a half in
    I guess there is a modern version?

The original 1940 version by Hitchcock with a fabulous cast won an oscar and is incredibly atmospheric.

A favourite of mine.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Tax Collector. Don’t bother. IMDB’s 4.7 is absolutely too high.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    Was very surprised to see this, before I realised you probably mean a recent movie of that name and not the 2012 one with Mads Mikkelsen (which is great).
    That film is incredibly tense. I guess one could take issue with some of it's themes, but it's a stone cold recommend for anyone who has the stomach for it.

Journeyman
    'Game Night'. Started alright, some funny bits, but then got ridiculous.

Doomsday on Prime, utter bilge. Post plague apocalyptic drivel, Mad Max meets Game of Thrones in Scotland. Just don’t.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Doomsday on Prime, utter bilge. Post plague apocalyptic drivel, Mad Max meets Game of Thrones in Scotland. Just don’t.
    Disagree! Anything with Rhona Mitra is worth a viewing even if a mindless plot!

However 20 mins in I had to switch off - Red Sparrow - Jennifer Weinstein trying to sound Russian was too grating.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Disagree! Anything with Rhona Mitra is worth a viewing even if a mindless plot!

However 20 mins in I had to switch off - Red Sparrow - Jennifer Weinstein trying to sound Russian was too grating.
    She was the best thing in it I guess, but everything else was frankly embarrassing, it should have been great, quote a cast list, but bloody hell it was woeful.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Hitman: Redemption - with Ron Perlman, Famke Janseen, Jacqueline Bisset and Richard Dreyfuss.

I've sat through far worse, however.

Master
    The Lighthouse (2019) - Intriguing cinematography and I laughed a few times (not sure if I was supposed to be) but otherwise I can’t say it was a few hours well spent. Not totally rubbish and it was certainly different.

Master
    midsommar. Left me feeling dirty...and embarassed i watched it...very 'Wickerman' but a bit worse..no...a lot worse.

‘The Gentlemen’.

With the passing of time, I had forgotten how tiresome, pretentious, self-satisfied, unpleasant & dull a Guy Ritchie gangster film could be.

It took 57 trying minutes to remember that Ritchie is a pound shop Tarantino. Next.

Craftsman
    'The Dead Don't Die', showing on Sky Movies at the moment.

Bloody hell that was terrible! A decent cast to make you have a look, but wow. Drivel!

'The 2nd'

Ryan Phillipe

On Netflix

Just an utterly woeful mess Die Hard on a $10 Budget........1 Hour 33 minutes of my life I will never get back

worst line "He's a Green Beret who became a Delta Team Leader and killed over 50 in Mogadishu' !!

please watch it just to confirm its as bad as I think it is....

Haha I've just put The 2nd on.. yeah, pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    ‘The Gentlemen’.

With the passing of time, I had forgotten how tiresome, pretentious, self-satisfied, unpleasant & dull a Guy Ritchie gangster film could be.

It took 57 trying minutes to remember that Ritchie is a pound shop Tarantino. Next.
    I don't think they are intended to be taken too seriously.

I did think the "star" Matthew McConaughy was a bit tiresome but who could not enjoy his saucy wife Michelle Dockery, the Toddlers or Hugh Grant as a hilarious gay character?

Loved it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

‘The Gentlemen’.

But, the light is on and burning brightly for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I’ve no problem with films that aren’t serious, just ones that aren’t very good!

I didn’t mind ‘Lock Stock’ or ‘Snatch’, but it’s all a bit hackneyed now. I agree McConaughey disappointingly lacked his usual charisma and Hugh Grant was quite entertaining in a different role for him, but listening to his long passages of dialogue I couldn’t help but think it was a very poor attempt at Tarantino without the sparkle, wit or flair.

But it’s horses for courses, I suppose, and it’s clearly not my thing. Which is a shame, because I like a good gangster film.

It wasn’t as atrocious as ‘Revolver’ though, I’ll give them that.

I’ve no problem with films that aren’t serious, just ones that aren’t very good!

I didn’t mind ‘Lock Stock’ or ‘Snatch’, but it’s all a bit hackneyed now. I agree McConaughey disappointingly lacked his usual charisma and Hugh Grant was quite entertaining in a different role for him, but listening to his long passages of dialogue I couldn’t help but think it was a very poor attempt at Tarantino without the sparkle, wit or flair.

But it’s horses for courses, I suppose, and it’s clearly not my thing. Which is a shame, because I like a good gangster film.

It wasn’t as atrocious as ‘Revolver’ though, I’ll give them that.
    I know this isn't a Gentleman thread but its quite a divisive film isn't it.

My wife thought it was the best thing she'd seen in years whilst I thought it was mildly entertaining but really just a bit of tosh.

Some funny characters/lines but all seems a bit contrived to the point it was almost like someone tried to make a Guy Ritchie movie and mostly got it right.

Project Power - Netflix
    Jamie Foxx and others.
    Total tosh, badly made and acted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final Recall on Prime, Wesley Snipes, alien abduction in the woods type film, utter utter bilge.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Not sure what it was, but there were two robots stood either side of a tramp telling people Christmas was cancelled due to a virus that had sneakily transformed itself in 24 hours.

Must have been on SciFi channel I think...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

The Untouchables

Saw this at release years ago and thought it was decent, did a recent revisit and jesus what bollocks! The music in particular, the script, the pacing, even the acting by most of the cast is shady despite the big names - it just doesn't work IMO. I like my period gangster stuff but this one ain't on the same page as the others, it's not even in the same library.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought Last Christmas would be poor but it massively exceeded expectations in that regard. Utterly awful!

An American Pickle

Avoid.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I did think the "star" Matthew McConaughy was a bit tiresome but who could not enjoy his saucy wife Michelle Dockery, the Toddlers or Hugh Grant as a hilarious gay character?

Loved it.
    I loved it too.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hard kill, bruce willis, Netflix.

Total shyte. the worst wooden acting EVER and wtf has bruce done to his mush with those veneers? they're so bad they messed with his speech.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Total shyte. the worst wooden acting EVER and wtf has bruce done to his mush with those veneers? they're so bad they messed with his speech.
    You weren't keen on it then?

Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey - part of me died after watching that movie

Master
    Mandy, on last night. I normally avoid anything with Nicholas big-stupid-face Cage but I was lured by the normally cute Andrea Risborough. Awful and ridiculous film.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Watched "Breach" with Bruce last night. Dear God what is he doing, it was absolute dross. He looks bored in most of his recent stuff so I assume he doing them for the sake of doing them.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Bad Boys For Life.

Two ageing actors trying to recreate a film from 17 years ago...badly.
    Will Smith has aged ok but Martin Lawrence looks like he’s spent the intervening years eating lots of donuts.
    Crap plot.Crap acting.Crap action.Crap finish.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Watched "Breach" with Bruce last night. Dear God what is he doing, it was absolute dross. He looks bored in most of his recent stuff so I assume he doing them for the sake of doing them.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
    Truly terrible

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Bad Boys For Life.

Two ageing actors trying to recreate a film from 17 years ago...badly.
    Will Smith has aged ok but Martin Lawrence looks like he’s spent the intervening years eating lots of donuts.
    Crap plot.Crap acting.Crap action.Crap finish.
    Came to post similar. Never been quite as bored in a film before. Utter dross.

The new George Clooney space film on Netflix is dreadful. Utter waste of time and a total nothing film. Even two hours of Mr Tumble would have been better and I don't even have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Presumably he's doing them for the money...

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The new George Clooney space film on Netflix is dreadful. Utter waste of time and a total nothing film. Even two hours of Mr Tumble would have been better and I don't even have kids.
    We turned it off after 15mins as was just too bad. A shame for Clooney, I usually find I enjoy his films.

However The Midnight Sun was not one of them.

Craftsman
    Some of the low budget Xmas films on Netflix are absolutely horrendous. They probably aren’t even low budget now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    We turned it off after 15mins as was just too bad. A shame for Clooney, I usually find I enjoy his films.

However The Midnight Sun was not one of them.

I quite enjoyed it tbh. Horses for courses.

Craftsman
    'Greed' with Steve Coogan.

We thought that was pretty awful, and another excuse for a free trip (a bit like the programme The Trip...)

TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Don’t watch 2018’s Robin Hood.

Terrible retelling, stupid costumes, terrible set design, bad direction, shocking script and wants to be a mediaeval Kingsman or Bourne identity

Save yourself 2 hrs, what a crock of do do!

Last edited by paw3001; 11th January 2021 at 12:10.

Watched 'The Meg' tonight, don't repeat my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Watched 'The Meg' tonight, don't repeat my mistake
    I hate Jason Statham generally, but watched this on a plane and actually quite enjoyed it in a 'brain out' kind of way. Then again, long haul flights are pretty boring...

'Withnail and I' - I know it's a cult film, but I thought it was utter crap.

Like an unfunny episode of Bottom... and I generally like Richard E. Grant.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 11th January 2021 at 12:46.

The Krays - The mad axeman (2019)

Saw it on London Live, an absolute shocker.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

BBC 4 Last Thursday:

Tea With Mussolini, Cher, Maggi Smith, Judi Dench, Lily Tomlin, Joan Plowright

Florence 1935. A circle of English ladies settled in the cultured city take an orphan boy, Luca, under their wing. But even a propaganda encounter with Il Duce cannot protect them when war comes, and it falls to Luca and two brash American women they barely tolerate to ease their existence.

The worst of ham acting from our overrated national treasures. Joan Plowright was passable. Cher, can't sing, can't act.

BBC2 Last Friday:

The Wife, Glenn Close, Jonathan Price

Successful writer Joe Castleman is delighted to receive an early morning telephone call from Sweden informing him that he has won this year's Nobel Prize for Literature. His steadfast wife Joan is equally delighted, but as she prepares to travel to Stockholm to support and encourage her husband, she reflects on her life from when she first met Joe, her married literature tutor with whom she embarks on the affair which would change the course of their lives.

Absolutely nauseating, not one character worthy of any sympathy. If the ending had turned out to be a disaster movie and everybody had been obliterated, it would have been a relief and entirely justified.

Coming 2 America.

I knew it would be disappointing. I was wrong......it was far worse than that.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

A great movie until you get to the ending...there isn’t one!

Totally ruined it for us

The Count of Monte-Cristo was on film4, 1975, with Richard Chamberlain, Donald Pleasance and Tony Curtis.

My childhood memories of this film seriously let me down, the story is a classic but the quality of the acting is truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

A great movie until you get to the ending...there isn’t one!

Totally ruined it for us
    I thought it was the perfect ending for it. It’s not the type of film where you want a neat little ending all wrapped up in a bow. It’s an open ending that leaves the watcher to think about what might happen next and leaves you pondering the events of the film even more so.