closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Master
    I have twice tried and failed to get through The Great Wall with Matt Damon.

First time I nodded off halfway through, second time I turned it off halfway through.
    Decent action, but there are only so many CGI monsters you can see before you start missing any sort of story.

"Ibiza" on Netflix. I wasn't expecting Dr Zhivago. But it had the ingredients of a guilty pleasure, I thought optimistically. It took those ingredients and mixed a dish of dismal disco direness. Hang the DJ.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I have twice tried and failed to get through The Great Wall with Matt Damon.

First time I nodded off halfway through, second time I turned it off halfway through.
    Decent action, but there are only so many CGI monsters you can see before you start missing any sort of story.
    I like Matt Damon but can’t bring myself to watch this. Can’t imagine why anyone thought this might be a good idea.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Taxi Driver.
    I was really disappointed actually.

The pledge

Not totally rubbish, but i can't quite believe how a film with such a strong cast can be quite so pedestrian.
    Benicio del toro particularly unconvincing.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I watched Wonder Woman the other day. It was ok.

I’ve pretty much entirely gone off Marvel / DC stuff and completely lost track of those “universes”.

WW had some good elements - some beautiful visuals and I liked the historical setting. Chris Pine was excellent- but then he is as James T Kirk.

WW suffered from what I think has really turned me off from the superhero genre - every single one culminates in a huge and increasingly preposterous CGI heavy final fight.

Superman The Movie still hasn’t been bettered in forty years.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    Vampire Yakuza , on Amazon Prime even paid money for it £0.99 as my son wanted to watch it

Truly awful and bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqja-TyJpU

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Really didn’t get the hype on this. Its the weakest Marvel film by far . And the constant African tribal drum music was irritating
    Totally agree, no decent villain an a really bland lead actor

Master
    Solo - A Star Wars Story

Very disappointing, it was mentioned on Bloomberg TV today that the film, which cost an estimated $250 million to make, could lose more than $50 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    "Mother"

Just don't, you'll thank me later
    I wish I'd listened. It was beyond dire. It was execrable. The product of many twisted minds. How can imdb and Rotten Tomatoes be so wrong.

Three Billboards - a great start, a great middle storyline - WTF happened to an ending? A great film let down by a lack of proper ending.

Just been to see the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom movie with the family.

Total and unmitigated tripe from beginning to end. I snoozed at various points it was such utterly preposterous cack.

Whereas the original Jurassic Park was a masterpiece, every one since has got progressively worse.

This one is an absolute pile of coprolite.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Three Billboards - a great start, a great middle storyline - WTF happened to an ending? A great film let down by a lack of proper ending.
    I thought it had the perfect ending.

Saw the 'horror' flick "Hereditary." It sucked bigtime, especially the lame ending!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Saw the 'horror' flick "Hereditary." It sucked bigtime, especially the lame ending!
    I have really been looking forward to this, the reviews have all been pretty positive as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I thought it had the perfect ending.
    Me too...it wasn't a spoon fed,Hollywood happy ending. It was appropriate to the film and left you something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Just been to see the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom movie with the family.

Total and unmitigated tripe from beginning to end. I snoozed at various points it was such utterly preposterous cack.

Whereas the original Jurassic Park was a masterpiece, every one since has got progressively worse.

This one is an absolute pile of coprolite.
    I watched it this morning with the kids. I wouldn't say it was complete cack but it certainly ran progressively out of steam as the film progressed. I was most impressed by the time it took the ship full of doped up dinos to get from Isla Nubla to an estate somewhere in New Hampshire....a whole day! Anyway,the kids liked it and I would say they were the target audience rather than a bunch of middle aged blokes who compare everything to 'what it was like in my day'

Ocean's 8

Complete and utter garbage. Mind you,I can only speak for the first 20-30 minutes as I couldn't stand it any longer and walked out. I've not done that for years.
    I had to watch Ocean's 11 on Sky in order to eradicate the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Ocean's 8

Complete and utter garbage. Mind you,I can only speak for the first 20-30 minutes as I couldn't stand it any longer and walked out. I've not done that for years.
    I had to watch Ocean's 11 on Sky in order to eradicate the memory.
    See post #849. I did say.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched Kenneth Branagh's stab at Murder on the Orient Express. What an absolute stinker! Great cast, sumptuous decor, excellent sfx and yet the film couldn't be more of a turkey if it tried.
    Watched this last night and totally agree. Terrible.

(I see it did get two nominations in the good film thread too although I’ve no idea how).

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Watched this last night and totally agree. Terrible.

(I see it did get two nominations in the good film thread too although I’ve no idea how).
    Oh Gawd yes. Awful load of old pony.

Watched it on a 'plane and had to turn it off before the end. True stinker.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    “Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched Kenneth Branagh's stab at Murder on the Orient Express. What an absolute stinker! Great cast, sumptuous decor, excellent sfx and yet the film couldn't be more of a turkey if it tried.”

Sat down tonight to watch this and OMG what rubbish got as far as the aval@nche and was hoping that the train plus passengers were swept away
    John Wick, the Kingsmen cack, atomic blonde the list just goes on and on.

Journeyman
    The latest avengers. I couldn't make it past 30 minutes!

In Hell, that bas it was quite good

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    “Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched Kenneth Branagh's stab at Murder on the Orient Express. What an absolute stinker! Great cast, sumptuous decor, excellent sfx and yet the film couldn't be more of a turkey if it tried.”

Sat down tonight to watch this and OMG what rubbish got as far as the aval@nche and was hoping that the train plus passengers were swept away
    John Wick, the Kingsmen cack, atomic blonde the list just goes on and on.
    Is it me or are there far more crappy big budget (aren't they all) films nowadays than at any other time?

Going back even most of the "B" pics had more going for them than todays overpriced turkeys.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I watched it this morning with the kids. I wouldn't say it was complete cack but it certainly ran progressively out of steam as the film progressed. I was most impressed by the time it took the ship full of doped up dinos to get from Isla Nubla to an estate somewhere in New Hampshire....a whole day! Anyway,the kids liked it and I would say they were the target audience rather than a bunch of middle aged blokes who compare everything to 'what it was like in my day'
    IIRC only the 3rd film of the franchise doesn't end with the T-Rex roaring like he is the toughest dinosaur on the earth.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    The latest avengers. I couldn't make it past 30 minutes!

Really?? Out of curiosity are you a Marvel fan generally?

Infinity War is the culmination of a decade years of back-story and build-up. The second part might yet be a bit of a let down, it all depends how closely they stay to source, but for comic fans I would say part 1 is the second best MCU so far (after Captain America Civil War).
    For the first time we have a villain with a cracking story of his own and a weird (almost benign) goal that makes him one of the most interesting baddies in a long while, not just destruction for the sake of destruction but a clear reason behind it. Plus he's 'ard as nails too.

This could well be the "end" for a few favourite character, some of the actors are out of contract and refusing to sign back on, so for the first time we could see a real shift in the MCU that the comics won't dare to do (a permanent death I mean, not a pretend one with the character brought back, a-la Superman).

Anyway each to their own.

Master
    Black Panther making its debut on Sky this weekend. I usually enjoy a good superhero romp but didn’t enjoy this at all. I hadn’t read any reviews prior to watching so didn’t know what to expect but man it droned on and the action sequences were uninspiring. 3/10.

Master
    Cocaine Godmother - Catherine Zeta-Jones as the real life Griselda Blanco, the acting in this TV movie is poor even Zeta-Jones IMO is just as bad as the movie.

Also
    The Con Is On - Even with a cast of good actors/actresses it is a crap story line and I only stayed with it because of some of the female cast Alice Eve, Maggie Q, Sofia Vergara & Uma Thurman.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Black Panther making its debut on Sky this weekend. I usually enjoy a good superhero romp but didn’t enjoy this at all. I hadn’t read any reviews prior to watching so didn’t know what to expect but man it droned on and the action sequences were uninspiring. 3/10.
    I came to this topic to say much the same thing, it was pretty poor.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Watched Hitman on the telly last night. I've only myself to blame as I'd seen it before years ago but forgotten how pony it is. A gratuitous violence-fest - and I say that as someone who really enjoyed John Wick and The Equaliser, with a thoroughly ridiculous premise - a team of highly trained killers who are like ghosts, passing unseen; but they all have shaved heads with a sodding great bar-code across the back, yeah well inconspicous in a crowd!

But that Olga Kurylenko though, ooh er.

On Netflix:

'The Titan' - Started okay, then went absurd.
    'Left Behind' - I wish I had been. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Save yourself a couple of hours and give them a miss

Master
    I hate to say it, but I agree with the critics over Venom.

Rubbish intro/back story, 2 dimensional characters and a really crap cliched storyline. Even Tom Hardy couldn't save that one.

It's a bit of a laugh and at least it's less than 2 hours long but there is plenty of mindless action stuff about at the moment - this is very average and it's just more of the same in an already crowded market.
    Better if they just tied it into the Spider-man franchise.

I know The Mummy with Tom Cruise did not get great reviews but I thought I would watch it anyway to see what it was like. It was rubbish.

Is it ok for me to say 'Solo' lead role was so characterless

Owl1
    mega shark versus crocosaurus. Bad story line.. bad acting too, which was surprising.

A Quiet Place.

It was basically a 'how to hide from monster - monster finds you - escape - monster finds you - escape - monster finds you - escape' series of events, rather than a storyline. Really couldn't recommend it to anyone.

A couple of Paul Bettany stinkers on Netflix - Legion and Priest. I'm ready for a bit of implausible silliness and chewing gum for the brain, but these were unwatchable after 15 minutes. Luckily, Constantine with Keanu Reeves is also on Netflix, which is this sort of caper done right.

Robin Hood.
    What on earth was going through the screenwriters minds when they wrote this? It's a poor reimagining of the Robin Hood legend to say the least. And what's with the costumes? Seems to have some sort of modern twist to them....there are people wandering round with beanies on ffs.

Dont bother.

Craftsman
    The Meg.
    Once again proof that a massive budget and trying to be a bit tongue in cheek is probably not going to reap great rewards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Nazi sharks - truly unbelievable, so bad you cannot believe it made it through post production. It’s either on Netflix or Amazon Video.

Quote Originally Posted by tobetobes View Post
    The Meg.
    Once again proof that a massive budget and trying to be a bit tongue in cheek is probably not going to reap great rewards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Over 527 Million USD Box Office, no rewards in that at all...

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Meg-The#tab=summary

Craftsman
    The usual dilemma of what to watch on Netflix, I noticed WIRED recommended a Swedish art movie (with hindsight, i should have realised anything described as such is probably a metaphor for crap) called The Square. 2.5 hours of thinking this might start going somewhere and get better. Seen it all through in 3 sittings....and it doesn’t.

The Great Escape..

It wasn't.

Aquaman, a washout for me, sorry to say.

Master
    Sean Penn in The Gunman (2015). Browsing for something to watch the other evening on Sky (or may have been Amazon). I should have read the reviews first. Turgid stuff.

Journeyman
    The survivalist.

When he's pleasuring himself into his plant seeds should of been the point for me to switch off.......

Spoiler alert!

The film is summed up by that moment.. w**k

After the screaming stops -Bros. The most cringe worthy hour and half I can ever remember spending watching the BBC

Craftsman
    I agree about Black Panther, instantly forgettable.
    So many of these hyped up films are dissapointing, but win awards galore.
    A Star is Born was terrible in my view and the Queen film, why not just watch a concert, with all the awards you would expect more. Perhaps they needed the big screen experience. I used to have more luck banking on an award winner for a night in with the better half, now I have to look harder.

Master
    The queen film was too family friendly, all very bland in the end.

I enjoyed a star is born and thought the music was fairly decent. The ending was very poor in my opinion though with virtually zero build up to it.

I went to see Mary Queen of Scots at the weekend, it was ok at best - the plot flow was very disjointed.

I haven't seen a good film for years all super super bland now withe poor plot lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Aquaman, a washout for me, sorry to say.
    Absolutely awful