closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Anaconda....unbelievable bad ...but on the other hand a laugh a minute ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Escape Plan 2 ( Netlfix ) just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    After the screaming stops -Bros. The most cringe worthy hour and half I can ever remember spending watching the BBC
    It's far more entertaining if you approach it like a Spinal Tap type mockumentary :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    It's far more entertaining if you approach it like a Spinal Tap type mockumentary :-)
    Agreed, it was hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    mega shark versus crocosaurus. Bad story line.. bad acting too, which was surprising.
    With a title like that, were you honestly expecting Oscar winning performances?!

A Quiet Place. (Spoilers)

Reasons why I had no sympathy for the film's protagonists, which is probably necessary to enjoy this movie.

1. At the start of the film, while running silently towards his young son in a desperate and unsuccessful attempt to save him from evisceration at the hands of a listening-monster, Jim from the (US) Office fails to consider that simply shouting would do the trick instead. Yes, he'd sacrifice himself, but wouldn't any father sacrifice himself to save his child? (Not in the first ten minutes of Jim's self-written and -directed ego-fest, no.)
    2. To be fair, Jim had just told the boy not to do the exact thing he did that got him killed, so the kid pretty much deserved it.
    3. Despite ample evidence that a world decimated and depopulated by ever-present listening-monsters is no place for a young child (see point 1), Jim and his wife decide against using prophylactics, with the expected results.
    4. The solution: The listening-monsters won't hear a baby cry it's kept it in a sealed box with an oxygen mask. Amazingly, Jim has kids in real life, so the implausibility of this scenario is inexcusable.
    5. Towards the end of the film, Jim's two other children are threatened by a listening-monster. As there's only ten minutes to go (a coincidence?), Jim shouts to attract the listening-monster's attention away from the kids and sacrifices himself. (However, this does leave his immediately-post-natal wife and newborn unprotected, which puts his decision to 'heroically' lay down his life in a different light: wife and newborn vs. hapless son and bitchy, grumpy daughter who was at fault for her younger brother's death.)

Master
    Velvet Buzzsaw. Superb cast but just goes to show how a great cast can’t carry a movie. The best thing about this movie was the trailer. Really poor film.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    After the screaming stops -Bros. The most cringe worthy hour and half I can ever remember spending watching the BBC
    No way this was so bad it was good, the A list mega star attitude adopted by these guys, which no offence but they're not, was pure Hilarity. The deep and meaningful quotes they kept spewing up were more David Brent than even David Brent could muster, and were actually really stupid and often very shallow. I'm not a Bros fan .........but this was gold.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Velvet Buzzsaw. Superb cast but just goes to show how a great cast can’t carry a movie. The best thing about this movie was the trailer. Really poor film.

Agreed
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    BlacKkKlansman. Despite the fact that it's inspired by real events, it's a waste of time.

M

Craftsman
    LA LA Land without a doubt one of the most boring, slow moving, over hyped films I have ever watched.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    With a title like that, were you honestly expecting Oscar winning performances?!
    Not sure what you mean !

Owl1
    Sharknado.

Craftsman
    I dont have anything specific...

But there's way too many super hero movies. It seems like an endless stream of almost identical films.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    BlacKkKlansman. Despite the fact that it's inspired by real events, it's a waste of time.

M
    Agreed, was looking forward to this and it was very poor. Certainly doesn’t deserve the best film Oscar nomination.......

Master
    IO Rubbish.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs by the Coen brothers on Netflix. Not a single film but 6 short stories all about the old West. The stories didi not have much relevance to each other apart from someone seems to get killed. And as they are 6 separate stories you don't get to really know any of the characters.

Ghostbusters

The recent remake... I expected it to be pretty bad but Jeeeeesus!

I normally try and get through till the end, but this was cut just under an hour in. Absolutely woeful!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Its only until half way through it that I realised the whole thing was totally serious!

Quote Originally Posted by imb1 View Post
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs by the Coen brothers on Netflix. Not a single film but 6 short stories all about the old West. The stories didi not have much relevance to each other apart from someone seems to get killed. And as they are 6 separate stories you don't get to really know any of the characters.
    I really liked that film, we watched it in episodes but found it to be really good. Some of the stories were a bit creepy but very watchable.

The Meg.

Usually I just don't watch anything with Jason Statham in because everything I have seen him in was awful.

This was awful, but I greatly enjoyed it for some reason.

Daft plot, rubbish acting, but it kept me engrossed on a flight, so much that I had to be tapped on the shoulder when food and drink arrived, twice!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Another vote for the Tripe that was "Polar"..a poor John Wick rip off with all the worst aspects of a Quentin Tarantino flick.

Utter Shite.

Master
    The Assassin Next Door...woeful.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Robin Hood with Jamie Foxx...complete waste of time

Master
    Possibly an unpopular opinion but I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night and was very disappointed, despite a good performance from Remi Malek.

The script was almost laughably cliched for the most part. Documentaries (or the type they have on BBC4) are a much better tribute to performers, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    A Quiet Place.

It was basically a 'how to hide from monster - monster finds you - escape - monster finds you - escape - monster finds you - escape' series of events, rather than a storyline. Really couldn't recommend it to anyone.
    Shawshank Redemption - Man gets sent to jail for crime he didn't commit, learns how to cope on after tough start, makes friends, escapes, goes to beach.

What a load of rubbish. Or did I miss something?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

I saw Alita: Battle Angel today on the strength of its 94% positive audience rating reported on Rotten Tomatoes. It started out promising, but soon spiraled into just another machine-driven fight movie. The worst part was the ending - - there wasn't any! It just hung there...obviously pointing toward the sequel that I will never see.

Footnote: Even Jennifer Connelly and Mahershala Ali were not near enough to fix this picture.
    Last edited by pacifichrono; 27th February 2019 at 01:28.

Craftsman
    Red Tails, trying to remake the Tuskegee Airmen & failing miserably. What a load of tosh, Evil Nazis falling from the sky in droves and our brave boys getting slight scratches now and then.
    Gave up long before the end.

Life

On Netflix, with a whole bunch of famous actors meaning I didn't have much hope for it given the International Space Station setting.

Started out great, really enjoyable. When small, the organism was actually intimidating...but then the inevitable happened. It was all so predictable that it almost felt unpredictable as it was so generic.

Master
    Valhalla Rising

The lead actor doesn't say anything throughout the film.

I usually "get" odd, art house films but I am still trying to figure out what it was about. Waste of time.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Valhalla Rising

I usually "get" odd, art house films but I am still trying to figure out what it was about. Waste of time.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    I remember watching that. Absolute rave reviews and made by the guy that directed Drive, but it was boring AF

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    The Mule

Eastwood’s best days are certainly behind him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I saw Alita: Battle Angel today on the strength of its 94% positive audience rating reported on Rotten Tomatoes. It started out promising, but soon spiraled into just another machine-driven fight movie. The worst part was the ending - - there wasn't any! It just hung there...obviously pointing toward the sequel that I will never see.

Footnote: Even Jennifer Connelly and Mahershala Ali were not near enough to fix this picture.
    Agree with this.
    Went to see it this and felt annoyed I sat through it. The film is a mess.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Just watched Hereditary.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this. It's not scary, it's not creepy, it doesn't make much sense and Toni Colette, an actress that I usually find turns in a very good performance, overacts terribly throughout.

I was quite looking forward to it too, which might be why I was so disappointed I suppose.

So bad you can't stop watching.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Hey, Eddie man, you're disrespecting my pappy !! He fought in Korea and Nam, bwoy! Yeee haw!!!

Owl1
    Sharktopus versus crocosaurus ..a bit far fetched imo.

Owl1
    Serenity . Give it a miss .

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Valhalla Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    I remember watching that. Absolute rave reviews and made by the guy that directed Drive, but it was boring AF
    I watched it a couple weeks ago for the third or fourth time, terrific film!

It's an allegory of Odin witnessing the arrival of religion and knowing the impact it will have on man.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    Just watched Hereditary.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this. It's not scary, it's not creepy, it doesn't make much sense and Toni Colette, an actress that I usually find turns in a very good performance, overacts terribly throughout.

I was quite looking forward to it too, which might be why I was so disappointed I suppose.
    Could not disagree more, I thought it was absolutely superb! IMO opinion one of the better ‘horror’ movies over the last few years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The latest Predator movie, absolutely rubbish

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Could not disagree more, I thought it was absolutely superb! IMO opinion one of the better ‘horror’ movies over the last few years.

Totally agree. I'm not a huge horror fan but I do know a great film when I see it. This was an excellent film.
    Horror is a success when it impacts on you and I was thinking about this film for some time after.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Destroyer and Creed II - so many wasted hours!

The favourite.
    Too long, little plot and just ended with a rabbit montage. I thought the acting was good with Rachel Weisz and Nicholas Hoult head and shoulders above the rest.
    Strong swearing which was funny 50 % of the time.
    Discuss.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mandy.

I have not seen such twaddle since renting the straight to VHS specials in the 1980’s.

Utter crap.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Mandy.

I have not seen such twaddle since renting the straight to VHS specials in the 1980’s.

Utter crap.

z
    It got good reviews and I was hoping for great things, but the directorial style got in the way of everything, and I couldn't tell if there was even an interesting plot underneath it all.

Still, Cage was entertaining.
    “Nic Cage is no longer an actor,” Sean Penn told The New York Times. “He could be again, but now he’s more like a…performer.”

Triple Frontier, trailer looks good but film starts well and becomes a bit boring about halfway through almost like they ran out of money/budget.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    It got good reviews and I was hoping for great things, but the directorial style got in the way of everything, and I couldn't tell if there was even an interesting plot underneath it all.

Still, Cage was entertaining.
    Indeed. Quite how it got good reviews baffles me.
    It’s an homage to shit films - so the best it could be was ... a shit film ?

z

That load of bollocks,"The Favourite",My Wife dragged Me to watch it We both left half way through oh Olivia Colman totally overrated a bunch of English Luvvies strutting and overacting last decent film I saw was Dunkirk which was on a 4K DVD.

Blog Entries
    I turned Mandy off after 15 minutes. Psychedelic nonsense which is kind of oxymoronic

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk