closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1536

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

I just watched Matrix Resurrections - It's not TOTALLY RUBBISH, but if you've not seen any Matrix films, stick with the original trilogy.

Too many cut-in shots from the originals, a disjointed script (even compared to the originals) and too many things that have happened 'off screen', but aren't explained.

And, either some lousy continuity or some appalling editing near the end.

It could easily have been 30-60 minutes shorter, too...

M
    Last edited by snowman; 11th December 2023 at 23:18.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Indiana Jones & Dial of Destiny. Nowhere near the quality of the others. Rather dull.

Genie. Watched it with the kids. Terrible, lazy story. Just made in time for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Watched Five Nights at Freddy’s with my Son, he enjoyed it but I thought it was one of the worst things I’ve seen.
    Yup same same.

'Leave the World Behind'
    Never really got going and then the ending! Well, just don't bother.
    2h 20m wasted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    'Leave the World Behind'
    Never really got going and then the ending! Well, just don't bother.
    2h 20m wasted.
    I watched it a second time just to check I hadn’t missed anything clever. Nope 4h 40m wasted!

Renegades on Prime is a load of tosh too. Wooden acting, crap storyline, CGI and a female officer with so much filler it’s laughable.

Looong flight back from Tokyo (crazy flight plan to avoid Russia, going over Alaska to get back to Amsterdam), so I ended up watching total nonsense.

Meg 2 - Incredulously stupid. The first one was just dumb fun, but this one isn't even that. It's just offensively idiotic. If Jurassic Park was done by the people who did the recent Fast and Furious films.

Old - I knew this one was going to be bad, even by M. Night Shyamalan's already abysmal standards. But this was like a joke. Like a fan made episode of The Twilight Zone, written by drunk 12 year olds. I have no idea how he keeps getting funding.

Chaos Walking - Actually enjoyable up to a point, but it seems like they gave up half way through. Gaping plot holes and a really poor ending. A shame as I think it held promise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Looong flight back from Tokyo (crazy flight plan to avoid Russia, going over Alaska to get back to Amsterdam), so I ended up watching total nonsense.

Meg 2 - Incredulously stupid. The first one was just dumb fun, but this one isn't even that. It's just offensively idiotic. If Jurassic Park was done by the people who did the recent Fast and Furious films.

Old - I knew this one was going to be bad, even by M. Night Shyamalan's already abysmal standards. But this was like a joke. Like a fan made episode of The Twilight Zone, written by drunk 12 year olds. I have no idea how he keeps getting funding.

Chaos Walking - Actually enjoyable up to a point, but it seems like they gave up half way through. Gaping plot holes and a really poor ending. A shame as I think it held promise.
    I made the fatal mistake of agreeing to watch that MNS pile of garbage with my wife, before knowing it was one of his. Good Jesus Christ I didn’t think it possible his films could get worse.

Things have changed. The flight from Tokyo to Europe (Paris in my case) with Air France in the 60s landed in Anchorage (Boeing 707 at the time)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Things have changed. The flight from Tokyo to Europe (Paris in my case) with Air France in the 60s landed in Anchorage (Boeing 707 at the time)
    That actually sounds just like our path, but with a refueling stop. Which, when I think about it, makes sense during the Cold War, much as today, avoiding Russian air space. More things change...

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    I made the fatal mistake of agreeing to watch that MNS pile of garbage with my wife, before knowing it was one of his. Good Jesus Christ I didn’t think it possible his films could get worse.
    It's hands down the worst film I've seen this year. However, unlike with Meg 2, I wasn't bored as I was quite entertained by just how bad everything about it actually was, not least his own acting.

The Stath not at his best in the MEG2, that's a fact.

You should have equipped yourself with a Polerouter for the journey.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    The Stath not at his best in the MEG2, that's a fact.
    Was so bad, I forgot I watched it on the way to St Lucia lol, wow.

Blog Entries
    Seen a couple of stinkers recently...

Firstly, Rebel Moon... one dimensional characters, wooden acting, nonsensical plot & overly long... avoid this one.

Shame - after seeing the trailer I had high hopes for this one.

Silent Night ... also bobbins
    Simplistic plot & characters, plus about half the movie seems to be shot in John Woo style Slow-Mo.

z

Of course it's got John Woo style slo-mo. He directed it! It's also got his signature birds & music box tropes.

(I watched it last night - it was terrible & the work of a hack. Speaking of hacks, I suffered through Magic Mike's Last Dance as well. It's not Soderbergh's finest work.)
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Of course it's got John Woo style slo-mo. He directed it!.
    I knew he directed it... my point was more about the overuse of the slo-mo.

z

Don’t watch The 355 on Netflix. We didn’t get passed 30mins.

Dull plot, dull characters, no suspense.

Save yourself 2hrs

Master
    I could fill this thread with some of the toss we've watched over Christmas.

Highlight: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.
    The de-ageing they did on H Ford was incredible for the flashbacks and back story, sadly it just reminds you that any further installments are a solid decade past feasible. The story was crap, the acting was only ok, and the cameo/callbacks were crap. Calling it an Indiana Jones movie and getting Harrison Ford to front it, but then trying to get younger leads to carry the film DOESN'T WORK. Please retire this franchise.

Went to see Ferrari as a Boxing Day treat. Absolute rubbish. Failed on so many levels. For a film about a fast car maker it was incredibly slow. The only redeeming factors were Penelope Cruz and and the thunder road ice cream I had.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

The de-ageing they did on H Ford was incredible for the flashbacks and back story, sadly it just reminds you that any further installments are a solid decade past feasible. The story was crap, the acting was only ok, and the cameo/callbacks were crap. Calling it an Indiana Jones movie and getting Harrison Ford to front it, but then trying to get younger leads to carry the film DOESN'T WORK. Please retire this franchise.
    Couldn't watch it to the end, felt like such a cynical betrayal of the first couple of movies...Surely HF doesn't need the money.

Couldn't watch it to the end, felt like such a cynical betrayal of the first couple of movies...Surely HF doesn't need the money.
    I don't think he does it for the money, but for bringing his character to a close. cf Star Wars and Blade Runner.

And I am not saying it is a good idea either. But it has merit.

I don't think he does it for the money, but for bringing his character to a close. cf Star Wars and Blade Runner.

And I am not saying it is a good idea either. But it has merit.
    Since I didn't watch to the end, please help a buddy out, did the movie at least then bring a close to Dr. Jones?

Strangely the SW spin off we´ve most enjoyed was the Han Solo prequel film. BR was perfect in so many ways, no redux necessary for my money, more studio greedy cynicism
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th December 2023 at 11:35.

Since I didn't watch to the end, please help a buddy out, did the movie at least then bring a close to Dr. Jones?
    Would love to help but haven't seen the movie. Character doesn't need to die, though. Deckart doesn't.

Would love to help but haven't seen the movie. Character doesn't need to die, though. Deckart doesn't.
    Agreed not looking for his death, would settle for a concluded story arc to ensure no future returns of Dr Jones and no further exploitation of the previous much enjoyed-loved work, asset stripping the canon...which I took to be your meaning.

Master

Strangely the SW spin off we´ve most enjoyed was the Han Solo prequel film. BR was perfect in so many ways, no redux necessary for my money, more studio greedy cynicism

SPOILER ALERT...

Nope, he doesn't die. He gets shot, travels back through time and decides he wants to stay there 2000 years in the past but gets knocked unconscious by one of the characters and wakes up in his own bed.
    The last shot of the movie shows his hat pegged to a washing line outside his apartment, then his hand lurching through the open window to snatch it. Suggesting that Indy hasn't hung up his hat just yet. It's a very "on the nose" scene but by that point of the movie you'll be used to it, the scenes are really that badly telegraphed.

SPOILER ALERT...

Nope, he doesn't die. He gets shot, travels back through time and decides he wants to stay there 2000 years in the past but gets knocked unconscious by one of the characters and wakes up in his own bed.
    The last shot of the movie shows his hat pegged to a washing line outside his apartment, then his hand lurching through the open window to snatch it. Suggesting that Indy hasn't hung up his hat just yet. It's a very "on the nose" scene but by that point of the movie you'll be used to it, the scenes are really that badly telegraphed.
    Aha...Thank you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Went to see Ferrari as a Boxing Day treat. Absolute rubbish. Failed on so many levels. For a film about a fast car maker it was incredibly slow. The only redeeming factors were Penelope Cruz and and the thunder road ice cream I had.

That’s a shame, was looking forward to that.

I knew I watched the latest Indiana Jones, but forgot all about the plot until reading the above. Really poor story, sadly, with an inexplicably ridiculous third act.

Rebel Moon was, as my wife put it, dogsh*t.

The Holiday - my wife loves it so I've sat through it a few times. Utter carp.

However, watched Home Alone 2 for old times sake with my (now adult) sons and we were all howling with laughter at the damage suffered by Harry and Marv. Brilliant

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I read an interview with HF where he seemed to allude to the Crystal Skull being crap and Spielberg didn’t want that to be the last movie of the franchise, so they wanted to make a fitting send-off.

In some ways they did (it’s infinitely better than Skull) but they just should have left it after Crusade. Indy and his father riding off into the sunset with Marcus Brody was the true ending for the franchise. The de-aged HF in Destiny just rubs salt in the wounds…..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    The Holiday - my wife loves it so I've sat through it a few times. Utter carp.

However, watched Home Alone 2 for old times sake with my (now adult) sons and we were all howling with laughter at the damage suffered by Harry and Marv. Brilliant
    We really enjoyed HA2 as 2 adults, no kids, after so many years of not having seen it - such enjoyable cheese!

Master
    Mafia Mamma.
    Should have been funny-ish. A totally mis-cast Toni Collette. I can think of at least 3 other actresses(?) who could have made it better.

We watched The Last Bus a few nights ago - the plot seemed to consist of Timothy Spall grimacing interminably. On a bus, or several buses. That was it.

I suppose I should have listened to the 6.6 IMDB rating...
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Ferrari...'nuff said. Didn't enjoy it at all.

MW

The Red Ghost, awful. Poor man’s Hateful Eight. Avoid.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The Red Ghost, awful. Poor man’s Hateful Eight. Avoid.

Amazed it was so highly rated, I got 30 mins in & just turned it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    The wonka film only went to keep the mrs happy doesn’t help that I hate musicals i don’t think I’ve seen such a dire selection of Christmas films at the cinema for years

Master
    Anybody mention Fast X yet?

I have tried to watch a few of the 'Fast' films over the years and not managed to finish any of them. All garbage and according to the reviews they just get worse fim by film.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    I have tried to watch a few of the 'Fast' films over the years and not managed to finish any of them. All garbage and according to the reviews they just get worse fim by film.
    Not highbrow films in the slightest, but I do enjoy them as a bit of a fun couple of hours. My guilty pleasure.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watched matrix revelation the other night. Absolute pants.

Started watching 'The Greatest Beer Run Ever'. Total Bilge, switched off after 30mins

Might have to find an alternative to Rotten Tomatoes for my film reviews, lately they have been off on lots of things

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Not highbrow films in the slightest, but I do enjoy them as a bit of a fun couple of hours. My guilty pleasure.
    Ditto! The first five are all quite rewatchable as some cheesy action, the next two are passable, but the latest ones (especially 9 and 10) I just wouldn't ever go back to. Watched once and that was absolutely enough for me. The kid (Doms son) in Fast X was insufferable... I can't believe I'm saying it but thank goodness for John Cena as the comic relief and Jason Momoa over-acting as the flamboyant and charismatic bad guy. Those two rescued this from being totally impossible to sit through.

Fast 11... or X part deux... well, we are tied in now so I'm not going to boycott the finale but I'm not exactly bouncing up and down at the thought of this being released. It'll be interesting to see how they bring Brian/Paul Walker back though. And just how much of a role he will play.

Master
    Ditto! The first five are all quite rewatchable as some cheesy action, the next two are passable, but the latest ones (especially 9 and 10) I just wouldn't ever go back to. Watched once and that was absolutely enough for me. The kid (Doms son) in Fast X was insufferable... I can't believe I'm saying it but thank goodness for John Cena as the comic relief and Jason Momoa over-acting as the flamboyant and charismatic bad guy. Those two rescued this from being totally impossible to sit through.

Fast 11... or X part deux... well, we are tied in now so I'm not going to boycott the finale but I'm not exactly bouncing up and down at the thought of this being released. It'll be interesting to see how they bring Brian/Paul Walker back though. And just how much of a role he will play.
    Yes there is no escaping now & fully agree with your summary of the films, been back to the earlier ones on many occasions.

Roll on the finale!

Craftsman
    Freelance on Amazon starring John Cena. Thought it was awful.

Contrary to the good films thread (and popular opinion) Mrs H and I were completely bemused by Saltburn. Good acting perhaps, but a bit too weird for us

Contrary to the good films thread (and popular opinion) Mrs H and I were completely bemused by Saltburn. Good acting perhaps, but a bit too weird for us
    We didn’t take to it either, iirc turned it off after about 20 minutes and haven’t tried again.

Master
    We persevered, but it was tosh. The 4:3 ratio maxed it arty tosh.

My wife thought the first 3/4 was like my school life must have been lol.