closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1534

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Odd Thomas - Enjoyed the books then realised there was a film. Watched the film then realised why there were nine books but only one film. Absolutely horrific.

Even if you’ve never even heard of the books, this film is unwatchable and unmitigated drivel.

Blog Entries
    Anyone mentioned Moonfall yet ?

z
    Last edited by zelig; 5th April 2022 at 08:19.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post
    Power of the Dog
    Spent most of the movie waiting for something to happen... And when it did...°sigh°

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    pleased you said that. Think i might be a bit of a philistine - everything that gets rave reviews i seem to find shite

Craftsman
    Avoid The King’s Man. I enjoyed The Kingsman provided you don’t take it too seriously, but this was total crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catwoman came-up on the telly last night as I was sat farting and picking my nose - the 2004 Halle Berry effort. Now, though I like escapist, brain-out action movies, I'd never seen it thanks to its shocking reputation, so I strapped-in for some misery.

I have to say, in its defence, that it doesn't deserve its reputation.

It's way the f*** worse than that.

First, it looks like it was made in about 1989 - it was directed by a former SFX man, but those it uses would embarrass 1950s Ray Harryhausen on a bad day working with a budget of three.

It's all downhill from there. The acting is am-dram tier, the choreography evidently directed by someone who confused cats with ducks, the plot - well, superhero movies don't have those, and yet this one somehow went into the minus figures... Every inconsistent little detail, every trite, predictable word of dialogue, every lumpen moment of 'action', it's all so - capital-R - Rong.

I don't much like Halle Berry - in her younger years she always acted self-consciously, like a former pop-princess who's hit her use-by date and is trying to transition to acting. Well she's never looked more self-conscious than in this woeful clunkfest; shame oozes from every flawless pore... Sharon Stone phones-in a plastic villain who is neither scary nor sexy, but has bullied minions into humouring her 'tude. Everyone else is a charisma-vacuum whose career died the day the film was premiered.

It is often very, very funny - it never means to be, but it is - and even funnier if you do what my Mrs did and interpolate actual cat behaviour: "Imagine if she lifted her leg and licked her arsehole there..." (post-coital scene), "I thought she was going to sick-up a furball then!" (miraculous rebirth), "...now if she just pushed an expensive vase off a shelf...!" (villainess's lair), etc.

All that and it cost £100m to make!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Anyone mentioned Moonfall yet ?

z
    Yes average at best 5/10

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Joe Bell. Virtue signalling crap that made no sense.

Craftsman
    The Day The Earth Stood Still, 2009 I think, Kanu Reeves. Bloody rubbish. Waste of film, electricity, time and effort pressing the play button. Go and watch some paint dry instead.

Original was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    The Day The Earth Stood Still, 2009 I think, Kanu Reeves. Bloody rubbish. Waste of film, electricity, time and effort pressing the play button. Go and watch some paint dry instead.

Original was excellent.
    Remakes in general are just lazy film making.

They are never as good as the originals anyway.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    The Toll, the Mrs was expecting something Twin Towns like sadly the similarities ended with being set in Wales.

Saw Operation Mincemeat last night. Fundamental facts ok but totally lost in love story, mashed up history and made up crap.
    Very disappointing.

The new Candyman film. Quite liked the first one, so was disappointed with the pseudo woke social commentary and the fact that I have seen scarier gloves

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Saw Operation Mincemeat last night. Fundamental facts ok but totally lost in love story, mashed up history and made up crap.
    Very disappointing.
    I was looking forward to that film. Feel like I know how it will go now. Again, original was really good.

Anti-life or some such nonsense on Netflix.

Genuinely a truly horrendous way for Bruce Willis to end his acting credits on.

Some of the special effects look like they are straight out of a late 90s made for tv movie real real dog poop

The power of the Dog.

Sorry, but it is a load of tosh.

Well acted, great camera work and all that - but what a pile of rubbish.
    So much less than the sum of its parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    The power of the Dog.

Sorry, but it is a load of tosh.

Well acted, great camera work and all that - but what a pile of rubbish.
    So much less than the sum of its parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Tried to watch it twice now and gave up both times, likewise the new Venom film with TomHardy, I gave that half an hour before switching over, utter tripe.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus on Prime. I got to 23:15 before suicidal thoughts started to overcome me.

Blog Entries
    Black Crap

Black Crab

I was right the first time.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Very disappointing.
    I saw that too..shyte!

I think we are alone now.....Bloody awful, albeit the Rush sound track!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Joe Bell. Virtue signalling crap that made no sense.
    A true story apparently.

I watched it last weekend (my wifes choice) and I did not really understand what the point of it was, or why anyone thought it would make a good film.

Blog Entries
    I vaguely remember renting this on VHS as a teenager - so I revisited it today...

It's bobbins - even though it has so many big names starring (IMDB link)

z

Below Zero, avoid at all costs .

The latest Jurassic World movie, absolute pile of shite, disappointed as I like all the Jurassic park stuff

Blog Entries
    Tennet, toss!

Thor: Love and Thunder, I want a refund on the 2HRS I spent sitting through that...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus on Prime. I got to 23:15 before suicidal thoughts started to overcome me.
    I know it’s from May but this is definitely one I need to see.
    Up there with Sharktopus as the best film title ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    Thor: Love and Thunder, I want a refund on the 2HRS I spent sitting through that...
    I think I agree with you, but I’m not sure.
    It’s weirdly amazing and crap at the same time, Loved the space goats.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Not a patch on Ragnorak, it's almost as if his character arc from it and the avengers Infinity War and End Game movies hadn't happened also the writing was poor, the jokes didn't land, Zeus' accent lolz, but the space goats were kinda cool...Marvel phase 3 seems to be struggling a bit...Dr Strange wasn't brilliant either, jumbled, you had to have watched Scarlet Witch the series to follow it all and some of the marvel Series are a bit pants, She Hulk, wince,... it's just boring, how can they make a Hulk boring, it's a travesty.

Master
    Uncharted - too much cgi, the helicopters lifting the galleons was time to turn off!

Master
    Ticket to Paradise - totally and utterly predictable. Don't waste your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not a patch on Ragnorak, it's almost as if his character arc from it and the avengers Infinity War and End Game movies hadn't happened also the writing was poor, the jokes didn't land, Zeus' accent lolz, but the space goats were kinda cool...Marvel phase 3 seems to be struggling a bit...Dr Strange wasn't brilliant either, jumbled, you had to have watched Scarlet Witch the series to follow it all and some of the marvel Series are a bit pants, She Hulk, wince,... it's just boring, how can they make a Hulk boring, it's a travesty.
    I thought we were on Phase Four?

Liked Shang-Chi and the WandaVision, Hawkeye and Moon Knight series. Loki was okay. The other stuff very hit-and-miss.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Yeah, they totally lost Thors' character and turned him into a bumbling, insecure idiot... basically the same fat Thor from Endgame. The latest Spiderman is very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I think I agree with you, but I’m not sure.
    It’s weirdly amazing and crap at the same time, Loved the space goats.
    I tried to think of it as Korgs version of events and his wacky perspective, but even then I just felt like it was just a hot garbage sandwich of bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I thought we were on Phase Four?

Liked Shang-Chi and the WandaVision, Hawkeye and Moon Knight series. Loki was okay. The other stuff very hit-and-miss.
    Could be Phase 4 not 3. As you say very hit and miss, liked Moon Knight wacky/ different good...Ms Marvel not good, woeful...The Falcon and the Winter Soldier also wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th September 2022 at 06:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Uncharted - too much cgi, the helicopters lifting the galleons was time to turn off!
    Loved the game. Got about 10mins into the film before turning it off.

Yes, watched it on Disney+ last night - I slept through bits and the rest wasn't a patch on the other Thor films.

I have to say I was very disappointed with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Loved the game. Got about 10mins into the film before turning it off.
    I struggle to think of a film based on a game that was any good. Lara Croft movie with Angelina Jolie is the best I can think of!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Yes agreed, I could only think of Tomb Raider.

Journeyman
    Agreed, it was like watching Taika Waititi's hubris unfold for 2 hours, sprinkled in with terrible jokes and those damn goats...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Top Gun Maverick. Cliché fest. Boring. Predictable. Pointless.

Master
    ^
    Agreed. Shockingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklel View Post
    Agreed, it was like watching Taika Waititi's hubris unfold for 2 hours, sprinkled in with terrible jokes and those damn goats...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    I feel a little sorry for Chris Hemsworth, as his character has gone from interesting with a rich backstory... to little more than a joke.

His acting isn't the issue, and Christian Bale was pretty good too. Even combined they couldn't polish that turd of a script.

I can't help but draw parallels with his character in the terrible Ghost Busters gender swap. They turned him into a dumb blonde there too.

I'm sure the millions of $ paid to him cushioned the blow

Master
    We settled down to watch 'Rams' last night on Film4. Never herd of it before but the cast list seemed encouraging, Sam Sheepherd(lol) and Miranda Richardson, so we weren't too apprehensive. But what a pile of sheep-dung. Uncomfortable scenes of men fondling sheep balls, nonsensical script, indeterminate location, dodgy accents etc. In the last section Sam Sheepherd drove 4 sheep up a mountain towards a bushfire, seem to die of smoke inhalation(?) was dragged down to a beach by his no longer estranged (apparently they hadn't spoken for 40 year) weeping brother and had his face splashed. This must have reincarnated him as in the next scenes he was alive and well ffs. AND it was over 2 hour long.

Master
    POKER FACE.

New Russel Crowe/Liam Hemsworth movie. The premise sounded decent but the execution was just horrible.
    I have realised (all too late) that phrase "A Sky Movies Original" has taken over "Straight to VHS" from the 80's.

The truly scary fact is that Russell Crowe said it was "unshootable" when he was given the initial script and wrote into his contract that he had carte blanche to rewrite and produce this into something more closely resembling a coherent story. How bad must it have been??? It already feels like it was written as a GCSE project by the bottom-of-the-class Drama kids.

Honestly, it's fricking horrible. The "Poker Night turned into a murder mystery" sounds like a good way to kill 90 minutes but they play poker for about 6 minutes of the movie (while making the most banal and obvious references to their poker hands in case the audience are a decade under the recommended 15 rating) and barely anything else makes sense.
    If you have an hour and a half to waste it would be better spend staring at a still of the old BBC Test Card than sitting through this movie.

Parasite. I rarely lose interest in a film to such a degree that I turn it off.

It was all of those things and I loved it! Brilliant escapism.

Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    POKER FACE.

New Russel Crowe/Liam Hemsworth movie. The premise sounded decent but the execution was just horrible.
    I have realised (all too late) that phrase "A Sky Movies Original" has taken over "Straight to VHS" from the 80's.

The truly scary fact is that Russell Crowe said it was "unshootable" when he was given the initial script and wrote into his contract that he had carte blanche to rewrite and produce this into something more closely resembling a coherent story. How bad must it have been??? It already feels like it was written as a GCSE project by the bottom-of-the-class Drama kids.

Honestly, it's fricking horrible. The "Poker Night turned into a murder mystery" sounds like a good way to kill 90 minutes but they play poker for about 6 minutes of the movie (while making the most banal and obvious references to their poker hands in case the audience are a decade under the recommended 15 rating) and barely anything else makes sense.
    If you have an hour and a half to waste it would be better spend staring at a still of the old BBC Test Card than sitting through this movie.
    I had the misfortune at the weekend. It really is shockingly bad isn’t it!

The summary sentence on Sky read very well. I spent the first 30 minutes wondering if it was some glitch and I was watching a different film entirely.

By the end of it, your recommended test card sounds like a far better viewing. Amazed tosh like this can get made still.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It was all of those things and I loved it! Brilliant escapism.
    Well at least you have good taste in watches!!

Craftsman
    The Birthday Cake. One of the highest rated films on Sky Movies. An absolute turd.

Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post
    We watched it a couple of nights ago.

I remember being very disappointed by the original, but this one was, if not a classic, tolerable entertainment for a couple of hours.

I remain a little baffled by the love for the original, though.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Black Panther 2, Black Panther was really good but oh my god what a pile of utter garbage the second movie is, 161 mins I’ll never get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk