closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Jeans?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdong View Post
    Mine are coming up for their 6 month anniversary and even though they genuinely don't need a wash I really want to check out how good the fading is... got my Woolite Dark ready and waiting!!
    Hang on in there . It's worth the wait , know what you mean though .

Craftsman
    nudie jeans look good mate!
    i think ill be getting some 'dry' jeans from there soon. their site makes an interesting read too!

Master
    Well I've just bought some £9 Asda jeans....hope they don't clash with my Sub

Don't know I've said this before but I'm a big fan of apc petit standard and new standard

Also Albam's cut to length offerings are very nice too

I have quite a few pairs of different jeans Levi, Diesel, Nudie, PRPS, Uniqlo but I am currently a big fan of NN07 jeans. I have 3 pairs and they are ace.

Blog Entries
    I have always liked blue jeans

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    thinking about the Hiut slimR any thoughts ?
    You'll need some seriously skinny legs, a high pain barrier and a lot of patience.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You'll need some seriously skinny legs, a high pain barrier and a lot of patience.
    My racing snake build should help Tony , and a yes on the other two : )

Master
    I need new jeans and I’m thinking of the Hiuts (the organics, not the selvedge - £230 is too rich for me). The photos on the Hiut site are next to useless; googling for other images shows that the rear pockets look way too low, ending well down the legs. Can anyone that has them confirm or deny?

Grand Master
    Tellasons
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Tellasons
    Yes, I’ve been looking at those too.

Here’s what I mean about the Hiuts - zoom in on the rear view:

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/hiut-...m-organic.html

Grand Master
    Si,

Nip over to Brick lane and speak to Rudy at Son Of A Stag he will square you away without the bull
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Hoping to pick up some tellasons in a sale somewhere but Edwin's have been brilliant, have the 39, 47 and 55s but currently loving the nashviles in raw rainbow.

Really wanted to like the naked and famous jeans but all the rises were low and they felt cheap compared to edwin

I'd highly recommend;

iron Heart - Either their straight leg or slimmer 'Devils fit'
    The Flat Head 1001 or 3001
    RRL - Slim rigid

You are looking min £200-£250 a pair though.

You can try on the Japanese ones at Rivet n Hide in London RRL in Mayfair - if ordering online a lot of the Japanese brands sizes are true ; so if you normally wear a 32 waist you'll need 34 as most brands have vanity sizes.

I wore Acne, nudie, PRPS and Edwin for years and whilst good and cheaper they are not a patch on quality of above.

Craftsman
    Uniqlo have a sale on atm and at less than 20 quid for a pair of raw selvedge (in black and navy) they are worth a punt..and dont let the ltd sizing put you off,size down at least one,maybe two sizes on your "regular" waist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    I'd highly

Japanese brands sizes are true ; so if you normally wear a 32 waist you'll need 34 as most brands have vanity sizes.
    Vanity size, means size down surely as in most selvedge jeans?

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post

They are as they look. I have a pair of those myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abbs View Post
    Uniqlo have a sale on atm and at less than 20 quid for a pair of raw selvedge (in black and navy) they are worth a punt..and dont let the ltd sizing put you off,size down at least one,maybe two sizes on your "regular" waist.
    I normally take 32 waist and take the same in Uniqlo- in fact in the slim fit selvedge I could take a 34

Master
    I’ve had some Uniqlo stuff in the past and while it is astonishing value for money, I always end up feeling that it is not quite what I wanted, that too much of a compromise has been made, and that I’d have been better off spending, let’s say, £100 on something that I wear a lot rather than £30 on the Uniqlo version that ends up sitting in a drawer because it isn’t quite right. You’re right though, at £20 they are at least worth a try on.

Yep: I’m going to have to go to an unbearably hipster spendy jeans shop to try a load on :( I really don’t want to spend more than £150 though. Even that sounds a lot to me, though I do spend more than that on other non-denim “legwear”, only for it not to last as long as I’d expect a £100 pair of jeans to last...

Master
    They are as they look. I have a pair of those myself.
    Cheers. Presumably it’s not an issue.

Cheers. Presumably it’s not an issue.
    Certainly not for me. They're lower than the norm but not ridiculously so.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I normally take 32 waist and take the same in Uniqlo- in fact in the slim fit selvedge I could take a 34
    Strange,normally a 33/34 depending on brand but have the slim fit mentioned which are a 32 waist,and I still wear a belt with..probably helps with me having no arse to speak of and skinny legs :)

Thing with jeans is finding your perfect fit can only be done by trying them on as there are some many variations in sizing,cut,rise,weight etc nowadays.

Edit
    Mr Porter sale has started so maybe something there will catch the eye of the OP.
    Last edited by abbs; 28th December 2014 at 01:21.

Craftsman
    Certainly not for me. They're lower than the norm but not ridiculously so.
    Not an issue for me either , but I belive the pockets have been made smaller for this year's cut .

Reply always make nice jeans, got another pair today in a relaxed it for for £55 down from £145.

Other than that gstar always make nice jeans if you go for the plain options in a low loose fitting

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Not an issue for me either , but I belive the pockets have been made smaller for this year's cut .
    Yes, I got some 2014 Work selvedge from Hiut and the pockets are smaller and higher.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Other than that gstar always make nice jeans if you go for the plain options in a low loose fitting
    It was the throwing out of a couple of pairs of tired G-Stars that prompted this search for new ones. They were pretty good actually, though a quick look at their website this time round put me off as there are few options that are not distressed / p*ssed about with in some way.

Went in to town today and got a pair of 3sixteens, after a bit of trial and error. I think I’m going to like them. Haven’t decided yet whether to wear them cuffed - I usually don’t - or get them hemmed. I’ll get them worn in a bit before deciding.

Banned
    Bought some Pretty Green today.

Nice.

Always found Jasper Conran make good jeans. Cut well and the fit is great. Long lasting denim is just a bonus.

Craftsman
    Tellasons
    Yup

Si,

Nip over to Brick lane and speak to Rudy at Son Of A Stag he will square you away without the bull
    And yup.

My current main pair are Tellason Elgin, from Son of a Gun. I usually go there for decent denim, they really know their stuff and always have good recommendations. They know which cut will fit you best, when sizing down will be worth doing and which jeans will look best on the customer six months/12 months/three years down the line.

Glad that so many are coming around to Tellason and Son of a Stag. The chaps from Tellason were over for the Pop Up Flea, last month. Cool people and the denim is decent. Not that I don't like Hiut, or any of the other proper brands mentioned in the thread. Actually bid on some pre-worn Hiut last month as part of their experiment...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I've also bought a pair of 1955 501's, which are nowhere near as cardboard like the selvedge of the Edwin's. On the other hand Edwin OWF Deluxe, which are just so super soft almost nothing like denim.

Fish
    I actually really like soft denim - any more info on the Edwin OWF Deluxe you mention? Google doesn't seem to throw up anything...

Craftsman
    Tellasons
    Finally picked up a pair today in sales..

Kafka online has them at £120 use the code KAFKA10 to bring them down to £108.

Happy with that price, hope the fits ok

Tellason sizing?

I'm a 32 waist. Anyone know if I should size down any with the Ladbroke Groves?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I'm a 32 waist. Anyone know if I should size down any with the Ladbroke Groves?
    I always use this site for sizing and it's usually good...

https://www.blueowl.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    I actually really like soft denim - any more info on the Edwin OWF Deluxe you mention? Google doesn't seem to throw up anything...
    I bought them from Son of a Stag, other than that just are just a very soft denim, loose in fit and not the £30-50 price range that some on here are only prepared to pay.

Fish

I picked up some Kuroki selvedge from Howies recently - had to go up a size due to the smaller fit (most purchasers had the same issue). As they are tad too large, my plan is to stick them on a 60c wash after 6 months, as I did with my Howies' white oak jeans, which will take the size down by an inch or so (at the waist and leg).

A pair of True Religion for me - what a trendy Wendy am I 😄

32" boot cut - no doubt arriving at the SC soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post

Pretty good deal.

Re the 3sixteens I bought, when I got home I happened to google this:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2014/01/fad...nths-4-washes/

If mine look like that after 14 months I won’t be too chuffed!

I have no hesitation in recommending Natural Selection jeans, I went for the 'crinse' cut. I bought them for wearing out but they are so comfy I rarely don't wear them. Great colour, retained well and super quality.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post

Me too, I can try on 2-3 pairs the same size but they are all a smidge different, just pulled my Tellasons out the freezer after a couple of days in there as they were a bit wiffy but back on now and all good
    RIAC

I understand that putting jeans in the freezer after lengthy spells of wear inhibits the odour. Just out of curiosity; is dry cleaning an option?

If anyone would like a Hiut 20% off code (to be used before the end of the month) feel free to PM me.

Master
    Just got the code as well.

Tempted to get another pair and wash immediately, I'm aiming for some fades on the pair I'm currently wearing.

But I love the jeans unfaded as well.

Grand Master
    Bit of Rainbow Selvedge purchased today

RIAC

Journeyman
    Bit of Rainbow Selvedge purchased today

Nice...is that a pair Edwin's?

Grand Master
    Yes one of the last Japenese collaborations they did, you probably wont see many ED-49's very soon
    RIAC

Journeyman
    Yes one of the last Japenese collaborations they did, you probably wont see many ED-49's very soon
    Good work. Very nice. Have looked at the rainbow ed80's previously, but ended up with a pair of a.p.c's instead. Will hopefully own a pair at some stage.

Craftsman
    Lovely stuff, I have had a few pairs of Edison jeans, love the rainbow selvedge. I like their jeans very much but find that they age a bit too quickly for me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smoz View Post
    Lovely stuff, I have had a few pairs of Edison jeans, love the rainbow selvedge. I like their jeans very much but find that they age a bit too quickly for me.
    You get what you pay for at the Edwin level they will be good enough but to goto a different league you need to spend and alot of people dont really get being a real 'Denim Geek' its a strange beast. Those ED-49's are great and will be nice to wear but the journey in them is predictable and easy
    RIAC

Picked up a pair of Tellason Ladbroke Groves (16.5oz) from Son of a Stag yesterday. Six months of fun, frolics and avoiding light-coloured sofas has begun...