closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone do my battery's please???

Master

Anyone do my battery's please???

Hi now, I have a box full of quartz watches that require a battery change.
    There are some Citizen divers, a Raymond Weil, some Accurist, the good wife's Gucci etc etc - nothing of any tremendous value but I would like them going again all the same and I simply don't have the tools to do most of them.
    Anyone willing to do it for me? - all costs will of course be met along with whatever labour & postage is incurred.
    Just a FYI but I do not have a decent jewellers anywhere close by and I did contact Duncan @ Genesis but he explained he is trying to concentrate on Rolex/Tudor, Omega, Tag Heuer & Zenith etc etc
    If anyone can help or recommend someone then please shoot me a PM please, many thanks - Neil.

Master
    You'll be far better off buying a few tools and doing it yourself.

This should open most of your cases, and will probably be cheaper than paying for postage both ways

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/rolson-wat...e-opener-n06cw

Master
    Thanks Lee but I actually have one of those case openers already along with several other watchmakers tools but it's the snap on case backs that can cause me grief - mostly easy to pop off but a bugger to get back on properly sometimes.
    I really wouldn't mind paying the extra to have someone else with the savvy/tools/experience etc do it.
    Cheers - Neil.

You might find it tricky sourcing individual batteries if you end up having to try yourself, if they aren't standards.lots of suppliers only sell in 10s.I'm finding it difficult to get 1220s for a couple of G shocks.

Journeyman
    Were are you located and how many watches do you want to have a battery replacement?