closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first world problems

Craftsman
    As it has been a beautiful evening, and my beloved is out with work friends, I retired to the sun lashed back garden, opened an excellent bottle of French red, ate two coquilles st jacques, followed this up with some French and Italian cheeses and then opened up my humidor to realise that I have ran out of cuban cigars!

I had to make do with with a Peruvian robusto to round off the meal

Quote Originally Posted by mattlad View Post
    Get Grandad to help you!
    TIT gold that episode

Quote Originally Posted by mattlad View Post
    Get Grandad to help you!
    I think a hairdresser might be of more use!

I have obviously managed to get some of the cleaning spray into the main stem or the arms causing the trip switch to go off. So, I now either take a hairdryer to it or let nature take its course.

Master
    I don't like what is clearly a service replacement bezel insert on the birth year 1680 red sub my wife got me.

Banned
    Freeside, downtown, nightlife or sports mood?

which fragrance should I use in the atomiser in my new S class Merc?

why does life have to be so complicated?

Master
    After the 'too cold' white Burgundy disaster the other week, I'd thought about being better prepared and asking the cleaner to get one out of the wine temp/humidity controlled storage unit so that it'd be perfect drinking temp for when I got home.

Just asked her and she got out a 20011 Drouhin Le Montrachet Grand Cru which is far too young to drink. And she's now gone home.

How did she miss the simple instructions of getting out the 2006 Sauzet Puligny Montrachet 1er Cru that I'd left for her? Honestly the woman is a buffoon. This has ruined my weekend.

:/

Craftsman
    ***Bad taste alert***

I've got a very explicitly first world problem at the moment. It's so specific that I'm considering legal action under discrimination legislation.

I received a letter this morning from a potential new water supplier, offering to cut my water bills by a factor of 10! As you can imagine, I phoned them straight away and asked what I needed to do to change my supplier over to them. They told me that they couldn't supply me as I live in Wales, so I pointed out that this would almost certainly be discrimination. The lovely young lady I spoke to was very polite (and her employer's policies aren't her fault) and gave me list of places where I could get my water supplied by them. The problem is that as far as I can see, they only supply locations where the majority of consumers are non-white. Being a majority white nation, I consider this to be direct discrimination against anyone living in Wales.

So, what I want to know is, have any of you managed to sign up to the supply a family's water for a month for just £3 offer that the Red Cross are running

It's just typical of the UK today. It is always raining here and we pay an extortionate amount for our water whereas the areas with severe drought can get as much as they can use for £3.

It's a downright disgrace

Stuck trying to decide what 4 X 4 I should buy to drive round London in.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    A supercharged Range Rover, or Turbo Charged Porsche Cayenne are the only acceptable options. All the Diesel ones are like driving a bus, which we know is for the lower classes.

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    A supercharged Range Rover, or Turbo Charged Porsche Cayenne are the only acceptable options. All the Diesel ones are like driving a bus, which we know is for the lower classes.
    Made me lol :)

Don't get a hybrid then, it'd be like driving a

It's funny you mention that. A Cayenne is exactly what I am looking at!

Stay up all night or go to bed ? Its a huge decision. Flight leaves at 6am,Need to be at the airport for 4am.Must leave at 3am.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    One doesn't drive,one is driven.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    Stay up all night or go to bed ? Its a huge decision. Flight leaves at 6am,Need to be at the airport for 4am.Must leave at 3am.
    Similar dilemma here, though I have an extra hour, up at 4am - least there is unlikely to be extra time Bra.v.Ned

Master
    My 'wine destroying' cleaner apparently didn't spot the bird SH*T all over my 'clean' white shirt cuff when she was ironing it.

At client's site today and have to wear a shirt....the bird sh*t one is the only one I had clean.

I ponder tipexing over it.

/sigh.

During the hot weather of the last couple of days I've had to open all of the windows and French doors of my apartment.

Which means that I must tolerate lots of noise from jet skis, wake boarders and speedboats outside.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    The lume on my Pam 177 clashes with my Tshirt :(

Blog Entries
    My Zenith has been returned with some paint missing from the chrono seconds hand... It's going back (again)

That's another 4-5 weeks I won't have it - Lucky I have another 8 watches to keep me going

z

Master
    Had to invoke the wrath of social media on Asda last weekend as they only sell olives in SUNFLOWER OIL! What's wrong with olive oil?

Master
    Strawberries often disappoint me.

I've searched everywhere in the kitchen for my special reserve Colmans mustard, she's put it somewhere inexplicable.... How the cuss am I going to be able to eat my hot cooked ham and rocket salad sandwich now?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Faced with the prospect of rampant global warming, it's consequent mass migration (200 Million people according to one source), associated social unrest and who knows what else - one has to consider if dependable supplies of watch batteries might be compromised in the foreseeable future. Perhaps mechanical watches are the best long term option after all.

Edit: The shame I feel that this thought even entered my tiny mind causes me to contemplate if it's time for me to sell up and find a new interest.
    Last edited by forpetesake; 26th July 2014 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Faced with the prospect of rampant global warming, it's consequent mass migration (200 Million people according to one source), associated social unrest and who knows what else - one has to consider if dependable supplies of watch batteries might be compromised in the foreseeable future. Perhaps mechanical watches are the best long term option after all.

Edit: The shame I feel that this thought even entered my tiny mind causes me to contemplate if it's time for me to sell up and find a new interest.
    From this perspective, buying food supplies, digging, shotgun and ammo would be the more optimal choice ;)

Craftsman
    Two, yes two, lashings of cruel fate today, funny noise from the extract fan in the guest en suite, then to compound my despair , NO yes NO marinaded artichokes to be found anywhere . However gloom somewhat lifted by invite to the launching of my Plumber's new yacht. Hope returns.

Staying in Monaco next week and was informed that my room won't have an en suite. Not happy at all - if they can't sort something out I will just have to stay on another yacht instead.....

The metal trimmings on my steering wheel and gearstick gets too hot to touch during summer. And the air condition takes minutes to cool everything down to acceptable levels. Minutes!

Just found a birds next with two chicks in it on our east balcony. Seems neither of us had been out on that balcony in a while, we tend to use the South and Western ones mostly.

We'll have to get someone in to clean up after the little blighters now once they move on...

Having too much meat can kill you?
    Never seen a lion die from too much meat and i feel like a lion these days

Donkeys, like our leaders, should avoid to much protein though.

A few years back I married into Bengali culture by meeting the girl of my dreams.
    Having just eaten the weight of a small motorbike in curry, rice and all manner of delicious celebration delicacies at the end of Ramadan I now face a 120 mile drive back to Bristol whilst feeling a little sleepy from over eating. Eid Mubarak!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I cant take a crap without my ipad.
    Sat in M&S cafe and just spat coffee all over the table !!!! ( while using my iPad ! )

LOL !

I can't decide which watch to wear tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I can't decide which watch to wear tomorrow.

Easy, that will be my Rolex 1665 rail, but what I am struggling with is, do I get the wife another Louis Vuitton or a Chanel handbag for her birthday. It's too difficult and not fair.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Easy, that will be my Rolex 1665 rail, but what I am struggling with is, do I get the wife another Louis Vuitton or a Chanel handbag for her birthday. It's too difficult and not fair.
    Helpfully there is a new bunch of bags every season. Just get this seasons Vuitton and job done.

I am away on holiday with only patchy access to the internet and feel that this probably should be illegal.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Yep BMW Remote. You can pre heat or cool the car, open/lock it have it started remotely send addresses to the idrive Sat Nav, or locate the car for directions back to it as well.

And much much more LOL.

Yes it will give you a wash and W**k
    <sigh> so much effort for such a mediocre motoring experience. The smart money these days simply puts a keyless entry fob into the preferred bag of each driver and it sets the seat position, adjusts the mirrors, temperature (including pre-heat etc if needed. It will decide if it's needed, one doesn't need to) and even changes the radio channel or selects the tune last selected from the on-board 20,000 tune library, all whilst one is walking up to the drivers door. It's even smart enough to detect which fob will be driving, should more than one be approaching simultaneously.

Of course, being fitted to a Land Rover, I am having to fix the do lock today so it doesn't get nicked by some peasant as I drive through France toward home on Friday.

Anyway, first world problem for me today is the heat. With the current steady temperatures, scooping flies from the pool is keeping me from my morning 10 lengths at least five minutes longer than normal. I could wait for the filter to resolve it, but then I'd have to drink my freshly brewed Gran Aroma coffee at sub-optimal temperature.

And, yes, my daughter has sent a picture of the Gran Aroma to my mother explaining how our coffee smells like wee...

Master
    Blog Entries
    5 pints of Guinness, 4 bottles of beer, 1 glass of wine, two captain morgan, 3 double vodkas and redbull.

Banging headache still.

^
    For an Irishman? Wimp.

Ye gads either those pictures need sharpening or my aged original iPad needs to used as a clay pigeon and replaced with a new one; typical no shops open and apparently takeaway establishments don't deliver iPads to allow me to compare, I'm going to have to write to my MP at the state of this nation!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    ^
    For an Irishman? Wimp.
    Just had a curry n feel much better. Can't wait for my bed.

zsayub116610
    Currently torn between the 116710BLNR or the 116610LV *Sigh*

Master
    The useless lass behind the meat counter in Waitrose said she didn't know how to butterfly a leg of lamb for last evening's BBQ.

Hopeless.

Master
    My cleaner didn't turn up yesterday and now I am going to have to clean the flat myself. Once I've worked out where she keeps the cleaning products...

My phone line's not working.

Journeyman
    My iPhone needs charging twice a day.

Plus the charger cable is slightly short which is annoying.

Master
    Got some friends coming over for BBQ. Can't decide which watch to wear :(

After joining a hifi forum, I've formed a nagging doubt my £10,000 home entertainment system is actually "fatiguing". Now I have to research exotic "smooth sounding" cables to rectify this. I can't tolerate listening to either of my CDs in the meantime.

Craftsman
    Bechstein or Steinway ,can't decide, Piano black or Rosewood, another hell torn day of indecision. Can't play the bloody thing anyway, just for decoration and a place for the family photographs in silver frames. More hell, don't even think about the frame choices. And Candelabra decisions , just purgatory , sanity saved again by Krug 64.
    Bet that starving Somali woman with the two dying infants suckling her dried up breasts is glad she's not me.