closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Italian LE

Master

Italian LE

Can you tell me how we pay for the Italiam LE I did not get a DN or Speedbird so do not know how we pay for it?
    Simon

Did you put your name down for one?

If so I believe Eddie will be contacting you.

Cheers,

Jim

If you are on the reserve list Eddie will send you an E-mail with the particulars.

Craftsman
    In a world without walls, who needs a location?
    You don't need to get a Speedbird or Dreadnought.

At the beginning of this forum you would have seen the call for reservations of the Italiano LE.

Eddie will contact all those who had registered and give specific instructions on the payment process.

Cheers.

We're (that is, those of us lucky enough to be on the LE list) all being a bit coy about the price.... Has Eddie asked us not to say? Or is it a secret from the plebs not on the list? :snorting:

I mailed everyone on Sunday, including you Simon. Check your spam box?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Hmmm - I also didn't get an email. Just emailed you Eddie.

Thanks,
    N

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol
    We're (that is, those of us lucky enough to be on the LE list) all being a bit coy about the price.... Has Eddie asked us not to say? Or is it a secret from the plebs not on the list? :snorting:
    Personally I think the original selling price of the Italian LE (and other LE versions) should be disclosed. That way once people start to flip them, potential buyers can make an informed choice if they are prepared to pay the (possibly inflated) asking price.

We all know that Dreadnoughts are fetching 2 1/2 times original retail price and new buyers are very aware of that, but if an Italian LE comes up on the sales forum next week at £950 would it be a good deal? How much of a premium would you pay to get an LE version? How would you feel about someone who has just made £300 + profit out of you just because they got their name down on the list in time?

Master
    Its not my place to reveal Eddies price of the LE but I can reveal that since the start of the project the cost has increased by 11% and Eddie has absorbed that increase himself :wink:
    Paul. :D

I'm sure THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR
    We all know that Dreadnoughts are fetching 2 1/2 times original retail price and new buyers are very aware of that, but if an Italian LE comes up on the sales forum next week at £950 would it be a good deal? How much of a premium would you pay to get an LE version? How would you feel about someone who has just made £300 + profit out of you just because they got their name down on the list in time?
    If an Italian LE comes up on the sales forum with anything less than actual shipping costs on top of the original purchase price the seller will be crucified for showing lousy judgement, greediness and no respect for the forum spirit. Thats what I think and personally wouldnt want to buy from a seller of such character. There will always be another Italian LE from a good seller with justified price though I guess those occasions will be rare and few.

This what I think, you may think otherwise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    If an Italian LE comes up on the sales forum with anything less than actual shipping costs on top of the original purchase price the seller will be crucified for showing lousy judgement, greediness and no respect for the forum spirit. Thats what I think and personally wouldnt want to buy from a seller of such character. There will always be another Italian LE from a good seller with justified price though I guess those occasions will be rare and few.

That is a very interesting point of view. Some have purchased LE's in the past for the sole purpose Walter described. Most did not.

However, I think a broad-brush indictment of anyone selling a limited edition investment at a profit is a little heavy handed, don't you think?

[quote=Michael in Frisco, Texas]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Qatar-wol":22klu7i1

That is a very interesting point of view. Some have purchased LE's in the past for the sole purpose Walter described. Most did not.

However, I think a broad-brush indictment of anyone selling a limited edition investment at a profit is a little heavy handed, don't you think?
    [/quote:22klu7i1]

Yes and no IMHO. Depends much on the seller. Though it is obvious that it is wise to price the watch based on the demand in order to get what its worth it is also obvious that if the sole purpose (if deemed that way) of the seller was to get the watch on the first place only for profiteering it is naiiv to think that there would not be pretty many angry people lined up to speak their minds as they were late from the wagon when the names were taken on the list.

On the other hand the seller might (and most possibly could) make a few $ more profit but on the other hand it might not be wise on the long run if the seller wants to stick to the forum. All I can say is that the seller is wise to think twice about the price before pressing that submit button. And it wouldnt hurt to give the first opportunity to those whose names were the first on the reserve list...

Much depends on the timing though. Do it as the forum is full of pics of the LE´s on hands of their new owners while the non LE hasnt been launched yet I am pretty sure it would raise plenty of attention to say the least. - Once the non LE´s are readily available for the public and the PRS-20 Italians novelty value has declined onto "normal" then its a different matter.

I can be wrong too, and usually I am at least according to SWMBO :D

Master
    Interesting debate overall - surely there's an accepted rule of 'whatever the market will bear'? Whilst I agree that its not public spirited to flip something like the Italian LE very soon after getting it for a large premium - if someone wants to pay the price then that is their decision.

There may well be other factors in the sellers life that aren't disclosed - like a big tax bill to pay - that is forcing him to sell. In which case he may as well make what he can.

You pay your money...

Cheers

8)

Bloody Pirates!

:twisted:

Craftsman
    All I am trying to say is that you need to know the original price in order to determine what you might be prepared to pay.

I do see a fair number of watches for sale with the asking price of ?what I paid for it?,
    This is all a bit alien to me as I virtually always sell s/h goods at less than what I originally paid. Just wish I?d found this site before I sold my rare Seiko RAF Chrono (Retail £250) for £30?? :cry:

Craftsman
    I'm quite sure Eddie mentioned the price (thereabouts) sometime earlier.

I'm quite sure because I was assessing whether or not to carry on and wait for it (and because I have to save for it, too).

Think its buried in a post somewhere in the forum. . .

Edit:
    here it is :D :D :D

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=15

Craftsman
    To be fair, Eddie DID firm up on a price (somewhere in the middle of this page:

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=15

Craftsman
    Thanks!

Someone did send me a PM a few days ago with the price :)

So yes. I know it is £550