closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thos Russells and Sons.

Thomas Reid

Thos Russells and Sons.

I just received a few more older movements. There is an interesting one in there, with Thos (Thomas) Russell & Sons on the dial. I also have a couple of more of these, and the most interesting movement in the last bunch as one as well.

From last bunch.

At first glance, the movements seem to be from various manufacturers, but all finished to a good standard.

Was Thos Russell & Sons an English company that imported movements, and cased them up locally?

Best wishes,
    Bob

If you have enough, perhaps Eddie is interested for a new ltd. ??

;)

Seriously: I often like the old movements I see: nice finish, well built, no automated production like nowadays :(

Thomas Russell

I'm pretty sure Thomas Russell was a Liverpool based company and were 'suppliers to the Admiralty'.

Thomas Reid

Re: Thomas Russell

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK
    I'm pretty sure Thomas Russell was a Liverpool based company and were 'suppliers to the Admiralty'.
    I like that. :)

Here is the recent movement. The only problem with it is surface rust on the regulator arm. But, it is just on the surface, and the thing was ticking merrily away when it arrived. (I suspect that regulator arms are pretty standard, and I have a replacement one somewhere, if I can't clean it up.)

(Trying out a new lens. I got the 50-200 auto everything lens made especially for the Pentax DSLR, then used an auto everything extension tube, so this is, roughly, a point and shoot macro. It gives a good working distance at 150-200mm.)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Just found this thread and wondered if anyone has any info on Thomas Russell & Co watches, i have one from the 1930`s i guess and cant find out much info on the manufacturer?

Re: Thos Russells and Sons.

I have seen a sign for that locally. I'll have a closer look on Thursday.

Just spotted this Thos Russell watch listed by a London camera dealer …

http://apertureleica.com/large-format-collectables/ … no idea if worth buying.

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"