closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Halifax Clarity Credit card for use abroad

Master

Halifax Clarity Credit card for use abroad

If you travel abroad check out the Halifax Clarity credit card.
    When you use it abroad you get the proper exchange rate (not the rate to change notes offered on the high street) and no fees! You can also withdraw money abroad. I wish I'd discovered this years ago as I would have saved a fortune.

Always worth ringing them before you go, they have blocked mine in the past sending me a text making me call them from overseas which is a bit of a pain

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Always worth ringing them before you go, they have blocked mine in the past sending me a text making me call them from overseas which is a bit of a pain
    Same risk as any other credit card. At least Halifax tell you you can reverse the charges, and will gladly accept them. Used this card for a couple of years now. Wouldn't be without it when abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Same risk as any other credit card. At least Halifax tell you you can reverse the charges, and will gladly accept them. Used this card for a couple of years now. Wouldn't be without it when abroad.
    +1 used this card on multiple occasions abroad now without a hitch - you get a pure exchange rate with no hidden extras - no complaints!

Got one of these last month for a trip to France, well worth it for the exchange rate savings.
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    If you travel abroad check out the Halifax Clarity credit card.
    When you use it abroad you get the proper exchange rate (not the rate to change notes offered on the high street) and no fees! You can also withdraw money abroad. I wish I'd discovered this years ago as I would have saved a fortune.
    I've been using a Clarity card for a few years and it's excellent.

Worth noting though that you do pay interest on cash withdrawals abroad from the moment you take out the money. Going online and paying off the balance quickly mitigates this to an extent but there is interest to pay nevertheless.

Agree with the OP though, the lack of fees and competitive MasterCard exchange rate are normally worth taking advantage of. Saves the pain of changing up and carrying lots of foreign currency.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    I've been using a Clarity card for a few years and it's excellent.

Worth noting though that you do pay interest on cash withdrawals abroad from the moment you take out the money. Going online and paying off the balance quickly mitigates this to an extent but there is interest to pay nevertheless.

Agree with the OP though, the lack of fees and competitive MasterCard exchange rate are normally worth taking advantage of. Saves the pain of changing up and carrying lots of foreign currency.
    + another for the clarity, generally accepted everywhere and we have used ours extensively.
    I think there is a 1% charge for cash withdrawals, but this is offset by the superior exchange rate. Nationwide used to offer a similar facility on the Flex account card, but my understanding is that it was withdrawn.