closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen Breitling Blackbird A4435910

Stolen Breitling Blackbird A4435910

I've just had my Breitling Blackbird stolen from my locker at the Royal Berkshire Health & Racquet club, serial number is 2294771, if anyone offers it to you it has been reported stolen to Thames Valley Police so please let them or me know immediately.

Terrible news Steve
    Hope you have some good luck in recovering it.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Terrible news Steve
    Hope you have some good luck in recovering it.
    Thanks Andrew, I've put the word out round the club so you never know, apparently there have been a lot of locker thefts there recently.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    Thanks Andrew, I've put the word out round the club so you never know, apparently there have been a lot of locker thefts there recently.
    You would have thought that they could warn the membership
    I never thought that this sort of thing occurred at such establishments

Very sad.

Craftsman
    I've just had my Breitling Blackbird stolen from my locker at the Royal Berkshire Health & Racquet club, serial number is 2294771, if anyone offers it to you it has been reported stolen to Thames Valley Police so please let them or me know immediately.
    Sorry to here mate, hope it gets found, and the Barstewards get locked up.

I feel for you, I had my house broken into on Tuesday and they took 13 watches .

Nightmare mate!!

Were other lockers broken into or were you specifically targeted ?

Best wishes ,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Nightmare mate!!

Were other lockers broken into or were you specifically targeted ?

Best wishes ,

Alex
    Not sure but they did say there had been a recent problem with locker thefts.....all the cash was taken from my wallet too.
    Last edited by shalako; 3rd May 2014 at 15:43.

Damn Steve that is terrible. What a nightmare!

I hope its resolved quickly.

Had a Tag pinched from work once.Its not a nice experience

Master
    Morning Steve,

Sorry to hear of your loss mate.
    Hope you get it back.

Col.

Grand Master
    Thats what insurance is for! Still shit though but saves having to sell it I guess
    RIAC

Hopefully it was/is covered by insurance?

Hopefully it was/is covered by insurance?
    Hopefully, I won't know for sure until Tuesday, not had to claim before but ultimately I know my premium will shoot up as a consequence.

I guess that the establishment has the golden get out ie All items are left in lockers at owners risk?

I guess that the establishment has the golden get out ie All items are left in lockers at owners risk?
    I'm actually not at all happy with their response, I found out yesterday afternoon that another member reported cash stolen from his wallet from a locked locker at around the same time, they now tell me valuables are left at our own risk and I've not even had so much as an apology from them. I pay a fortune for this place and I can't go and play tennis for a few hours without having to worry about my valuables, not impressed!

A very disappointing state of affairs.
    Surely they also need to beef up their security? I would have thought that in today's age, there will be CCTV at the club entrance/exit?
    Such an excellent watch may prove to be irreplaceable :-(

A very disappointing state of affairs.
    Surely they also need to beef up their security? I would have thought that in today's age, there will be CCTV at the club entrance/exit?
    Such an excellent watch may prove to be irreplaceable :-(
    There is CCTV at the entrance, it's a private members only club, the problem is there are hundreds of people going in and out, CCTV would only help if it was in the men's locker room but for obvious reasons they don't have it there.

Any update/news Steve?

Any update/news Steve?
    Not yet Andrew, tennis club aren't taking any responsibility so just waiting on the insurance now, trying to be pragmatic, I've been into nice watches for over 25 years now and this is the first time anything like this has happened.... hopefully the last! :)

Blog Entries
    This is so bad steve I hope you get it sorted
    And they catch the scum
    It will be a worker for sure

Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    It will be a worker for sure
    An inside job?! If true, I wouldn't want to be using that club

Blog Entries
    Steve

Hope if nothing else the insurance sorts out the financials but knowing the watch it is going to be hard to replace
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    @shalako
    Hi there. Really sorry to read about the theft of your watches.
    Sounds very insiderish which the Club may well expect given there position with the other theft(s) you mention.
    Whilst the Club may not have internal CCTV have the 'lost' a member of staff lately?
    Was the lock on your locker forced or simply unlocked?
    Was the locker door left open or apparently just closed again to appear locked??
    Is there ANPR cameras in roads nearby?
    Is there cctv external of Club?
    Was anything else stolen from your locker?
    Do (did) you wear the watch when "signing in" to Club?
    Have the police been back in touch with interim report or update?

Hope these qs pose some stimulus for investigator. Good luck!!

Best, aye

Jim

Good Morning, I am sorry to hear about your watch and hope that the insurance pay out.

I have had a Rolex Explorer II stolen from the same place along with cash from my wallet last week. It looks like the locker was prized open with a screwdriver or something but shut back up so that I had to use my key to get back in. The club had explicitily told me that nothing of this nature has happened before but I see the same thing has happened to you so it looks like they have a bit of a problem. The police have already said that they won't investigate any further as there is no CCTV of the lockers and the club are hoping that this is a one off. all my credit cards, phone and car keys were still there and it was just the cash from the wallet that was gone. In fact, if it wasn't for the watch going, I would have just thought that the missing cash was my mistake which leads me to wonder whether other members have had cash stolen and not reported it. I have asked the club to warn members but they seem very reluctant (as is understandable) to do so.

Hope you get your watch back or the insurance payout but my assumption is that we will never see the watches again.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Good Morning, I am sorry to hear about your watch and hope that the insurance pay out.

I have had a Rolex Explorer II stolen from the same place along with cash from my wallet last week. It looks like the locker was prized open with a screwdriver or something but shut back up so that I had to use my key to get back in. The club had explicitily told me that nothing of this nature has happened before but I see the same thing has happened to you so it looks like they have a bit of a problem. The police have already said that they won't investigate any further as there is no CCTV of the lockers and the club are hoping that this is a one off. all my credit cards, phone and car keys were still there and it was just the cash from the wallet that was gone. In fact, if it wasn't for the watch going, I would have just thought that the missing cash was my mistake which leads me to wonder whether other members have had cash stolen and not reported it. I have asked the club to warn members but they seem very reluctant (as is understandable) to do so.

Hope you get your watch back or the insurance payout but my assumption is that we will never see the watches again.
    Sorry to hear you too have been a victim, all I got by way of investigation was a phone call from a PCSO a week later - sign of the times I guess, the club have told me that I should have used the lockers at reception for any valuables hence they deny any liability. I have fortunately had the watch replaced on the insurance although I still had to pay £500 excess, I know my premium will go up as I previously had over 10 years no claims discount so all in all a rather sad state of affairs, from now on I don't leave anything at all of value in the lockers.