closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Speedbird 3 Spec

Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

No; everything is perfectly balanced when it's worn, especially with the bracelet.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    the lugs have been mentioned as, and look, a little on the short side. any feelings on this?
    As said it all looks great as a package but only thin leather straps can be used - do a quick seach on PRS22 with leather or the like.

Being a new member - i didn't know anything about this watch before reading about it on this forum. Now i can say only one thing... I WANT ONE!

Stunning watch. Absolutely love the sterile dial. Prefer this and the overall look to the IWC XV :shock: .

Master

Quote Originally Posted by AK-UK
    Being a new member - i didn't know anything about this watch before reading about it on this forum. Now i can say only one thing... I WANT ONE!
    Get one, you will not be disappointed guaranteed. Super piece IMHO & one that I most regularly wear on a daily basis. Superb engineering, super legibile, and a beautifully engineered case/bracelet combo' that cannot be beaten for the price. It just exudes class and one that draws admirable comments from time to time over more expensive brands in my experience.

Agree, this is a genuinely stunnign watch....must start saving....

Me too, I would buy one in a second if it were slightly larger, like the Stowa FO LE, Tourby(42 and 45mm). A very attractive proposition non the less given the price of the others and an absolute classic!

very nice

Help!

should i but a speedbird III or a Christopher Ward C8 pilot mark 2
    pros cons?

Thanks and all the best

Really nice watch...I like the style and the look of it..

But a question has to be asked.....
    Has anyone asked British Airways if they can use thier Callsign on a watch as a model name? I am pretty sure that they own the rights to it..I could be very very wrong but just a question none the less...

still want one :blackeye:

Quote Originally Posted by HKGBoy
    Really nice watch...I like the style and the look of it..

But a question has to be asked.....
    Has anyone asked British Airways if they can use thier Callsign on a watch as a model name? I am pretty sure that they own the rights to it..I could be very very wrong but just a question none the less...

You are very very wrong, I own the trade mark for Speedbird for watches and clocks. A forum search would have answered your question before you asked it.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Better hurry up then. It is a limited edition...

I remember hearing pilots on the air using the callsign "Speedbird" and Concorde was an amazing aircraft, ahead of its time, so its nice to have a reminder of it on the wrist. :D

Since I adjusted the bracelet, my other watches have been collecting dust.

Eddie,

At the end of the day if I am starting to write a reply on a thread and part way through typing it, I am just going to run with it, not open up a new tab and start a search to trawl through posts...

It was mearly an observation and the question popped into my head as a spur of the moment thing...

I am sorry i it has offended you in anyway and was not meant....however I was merely concerned that if they did own the rights to the name speedbird and no one had approached them there could be issues....the own the trademark and copyright to Speedwing speedmarque so speedbird could have been also...

still a great watch and I really like it...

Eddie,

At the end of the day if I am starting to write a reply on a thread and part way through typing it, I am just going to run with it, not open up a new tab and start a search to trawl through posts...

It was mearly an observation and the question popped into my head as a spur of the moment thing...

I am sorry i it has offended you in anyway and was not meant....however I was merely concerned that if they did own the rights to the name speedbird and no one had approached them there could be issues....the own the trademark and copyright to Speedwing speedmarque so speedbird could have been also...

still a great watch and I really like it...
    The sensible thing to do is to conduct the search before starting the reply.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Nice

Such a classy watch, very stylish ,

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

LE

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    If your taking numbers I would like my usual 20. Thanks Eddie.

20 seems a bit greedy!!
    can I go on a list to be on a list?
    John

I've just bought a SBIII from a forum member after many months of waiting for one to come up in the right condition for me. I have to say that it's everything it's cracked-up to be. The size and weight ratio is simply perfect, the materials are beautiful and the movement and timekeeping spot-on.

It has made me realise that I've spent (wasted!) many £s on inferior watches over the years

Can't speak highly enough of it - outstanding :)

David

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli
    I've just bought a SBIII from a forum member after many months of waiting for one to come up in the right condition for me. I have to say that it's everything it's cracked-up to be. The size and weight ratio is simply perfect, the materials are beautiful and the movement and timekeeping spot-on.

It has made me realise that I've spent (wasted!) many £s on inferior watches over the years

Can't speak highly enough of it - outstanding :)

David
    Noob here. I can vouch for that too. I'm sure all the other members here too would agree. When I have to sit through an awful lecture I more often than not gaze at my SBIII on my wrist to make to time pass by. Just takes the pain away :D

Very noob here as well

I think this is my next watch

Master

bought mine at we and arrived yesterday.pictures donnt really do it justice,lovely feel to case and bracelet.also numerals have green colour hard to capture .more pleased with it than thought would be.a great buy for the money

Nice

nice indeed!

I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)

Nice watch!

Banned
    Blog Entries

SB3 chronometer LE on sc for £450!

Great price if he can get it. That must be a record. (although it's not sold yet of course.)

Good news for all us LE owners though. Let's hope it says "sold" soon. :-)

Oi, don't rub it in. ;)

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex247
    I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)
    it doesn't need it, i have an 8 inch wrist and because it's all dial, the speedbird looks bigger and some 41 and 42mm watches
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

It's the perfect size, only thing I'd change would be 200m WR, just feel happier.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burnside
    Oi, don't rub it in. ;)

Sorry old boy. :-(

That's okay Jon glad she's gone to someone who appreciates her. All joking aside I think it is the best vfm watch with the cleanest dial, pure elegance and simplicity with excellent specs, one of the best bracelets i've seen and worn out there.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burnside
    That's okay Jon glad she's gone to someone who appreciates her. All joking aside I think it is the best vfm watch with the cleanest dial, pure elegance and simplicity with excellent specs, one of the best bracelets i've seen and worn out there.
    Correct.

Wonderful, you have the drawing picture.

Yeah thats the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on one of these without being able to try one on.

I purchased one and it left the house 1 day later. 42mm would be perferct for me. For ilustration on 7 1/4 inch wrist

Quote Originally Posted by organic
    I purchased one and it left the house 1 day later. 42mm would be perferct for me. For ilustration on 7 1/4 inch wrist
    Looks perfect size to me :?

Looks fantastic.

And would fit perfectly on any wrist!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by organic
    Looks perfect size to me :?
    I agree, perfect fit unless looking for the train station clock look :?

Thread resurrection here but I was wondering if anyone knew whether new Speedbird 3s have a logo on the face. The pics on the timefactors site show one but lots of other images don't and there are forum chats on here about people preferring the 'unbranded' look. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesianbriggs View Post
    Thread resurrection here but I was wondering if anyone knew whether new Speedbird 3s have a logo on the face. The pics on the timefactors site show one but lots of other images don't and there are forum chats on here about people preferring the 'unbranded' look. Thanks

Just pm Eddie, swanbourne on here and he will tell you.

mike

Thanks. Will contact him via TF.

The one currently shown on the Time Factors website is the one available.

Eddie

Many thanks

Mine says Merry Christmas !

Some silly forum member sold this to me pre-loved. Don't come up used very often as I reckon they are so bloody good.

Buy one, you won't regret it - if you have any taste .

Des.

Got my creamy on for Christmas I'm lucky enough to have a top spec black dial and a Mk1 as well so I guess I like them a little!

For me, its damn near the perfect watch. Size, weight, styling, quality, you name it. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first 50 off a WTB with the chronometer grade movement, and its currently in for the full works with Paul W. This will be my second SBIII, but I would like to predict that this one is here to stay!

Journeyman
    Just been browsing through the stickies and came across this watch. It’s lovely, any chance of a re-release to take a bit of a break from all the Everests?