closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 651 to 696 of 696

Thread: Speedbird 3 Spec

  1. #651
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,573

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    No; everything is perfectly balanced when it's worn, especially with the bracelet.

  2. #652
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    5,423

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    the lugs have been mentioned as, and look, a little on the short side. any feelings on this?
    As said it all looks great as a package but only thin leather straps can be used - do a quick seach on PRS22 with leather or the like.

  3. #653

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Being a new member - i didn't know anything about this watch before reading about it on this forum. Now i can say only one thing... I WANT ONE!

  4. #654
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Stunning watch. Absolutely love the sterile dial. Prefer this and the overall look to the IWC XV :shock: .

  5. #655
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    2,666

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by AK-UK
    Being a new member - i didn't know anything about this watch before reading about it on this forum. Now i can say only one thing... I WANT ONE!
    Get one, you will not be disappointed guaranteed. Super piece IMHO & one that I most regularly wear on a daily basis. Superb engineering, super legibile, and a beautifully engineered case/bracelet combo' that cannot be beaten for the price. It just exudes class and one that draws admirable comments from time to time over more expensive brands in my experience.

  6. #656

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Agree, this is a genuinely stunnign watch....must start saving....

  7. #657

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Me too, I would buy one in a second if it were slightly larger, like the Stowa FO LE, Tourby(42 and 45mm). A very attractive proposition non the less given the price of the others and an absolute classic!

  8. #658

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    very nice

  9. #659

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Help!

    should i but a speedbird III or a Christopher Ward C8 pilot mark 2
    pros cons?

    Thanks and all the best

  10. #660

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Really nice watch...I like the style and the look of it..

    But a question has to be asked.....
    Has anyone asked British Airways if they can use thier Callsign on a watch as a model name? I am pretty sure that they own the rights to it..I could be very very wrong but just a question none the less...

    still want one :blackeye:

  11. #661
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,032

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by HKGBoy
    Really nice watch...I like the style and the look of it..

    But a question has to be asked.....
    Has anyone asked British Airways if they can use thier Callsign on a watch as a model name? I am pretty sure that they own the rights to it..I could be very very wrong but just a question none the less...

    still want one :blackeye:
    You are very very wrong, I own the trade mark for Speedbird for watches and clocks. A forum search would have answered your question before you asked it.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  12. #662

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by HKGBoy
    still want one :blackeye:
    Better hurry up then. It is a limited edition...

    I remember hearing pilots on the air using the callsign "Speedbird" and Concorde was an amazing aircraft, ahead of its time, so its nice to have a reminder of it on the wrist. :D

    Since I adjusted the bracelet, my other watches have been collecting dust.

  13. #663

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Eddie,

    At the end of the day if I am starting to write a reply on a thread and part way through typing it, I am just going to run with it, not open up a new tab and start a search to trawl through posts...

    It was mearly an observation and the question popped into my head as a spur of the moment thing...

    I am sorry i it has offended you in anyway and was not meant....however I was merely concerned that if they did own the rights to the name speedbird and no one had approached them there could be issues....the own the trademark and copyright to Speedwing speedmarque so speedbird could have been also...

    still a great watch and I really like it...

  14. #664
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,032

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by HKGBoy
    Eddie,

    At the end of the day if I am starting to write a reply on a thread and part way through typing it, I am just going to run with it, not open up a new tab and start a search to trawl through posts...

    It was mearly an observation and the question popped into my head as a spur of the moment thing...

    I am sorry i it has offended you in anyway and was not meant....however I was merely concerned that if they did own the rights to the name speedbird and no one had approached them there could be issues....the own the trademark and copyright to Speedwing speedmarque so speedbird could have been also...

    still a great watch and I really like it...
    The sensible thing to do is to conduct the search before starting the reply.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  15. #665

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Nice

  16. #666

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Such a classy watch, very stylish ,

  17. #667
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deal KENT
    Posts
    282
    Blog Entries
    1

    LE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    If your taking numbers I would like my usual 20. Thanks Eddie.

    20 seems a bit greedy!!
    can I go on a list to be on a list?
    John

  18. #668
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    10,678

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    I've just bought a SBIII from a forum member after many months of waiting for one to come up in the right condition for me. I have to say that it's everything it's cracked-up to be. The size and weight ratio is simply perfect, the materials are beautiful and the movement and timekeeping spot-on.

    It has made me realise that I've spent (wasted!) many s on inferior watches over the years

    Can't speak highly enough of it - outstanding :)

    David

  19. #669

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli
    I've just bought a SBIII from a forum member after many months of waiting for one to come up in the right condition for me. I have to say that it's everything it's cracked-up to be. The size and weight ratio is simply perfect, the materials are beautiful and the movement and timekeeping spot-on.

    It has made me realise that I've spent (wasted!) many s on inferior watches over the years

    Can't speak highly enough of it - outstanding :)

    David
    Noob here. I can vouch for that too. I'm sure all the other members here too would agree. When I have to sit through an awful lecture I more often than not gaze at my SBIII on my wrist to make to time pass by. Just takes the pain away :D

  20. #670

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Very noob here as well

    I think this is my next watch

  21. #671
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.ireland
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    bought mine at we and arrived yesterday.pictures donnt really do it justice,lovely feel to case and bracelet.also numerals have green colour hard to capture .more pleased with it than thought would be.a great buy for the money

  22. #672

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Nice

  23. #673

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    nice indeed!

  24. #674

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)

  25. #675
    Craftsman fotopetar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brač-Bjelovar(Hrvatska)
    Posts
    427

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Nice watch!

  26. #676
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,614
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    SB3 chronometer LE on sc for 450!

    Great price if he can get it. That must be a record. (although it's not sold yet of course.)

    Good news for all us LE owners though. Let's hope it says "sold" soon. :-)

  27. #677

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Oi, don't rub it in. ;)

  28. #678
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    12,516

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex247
    I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)
    it doesn't need it, i have an 8 inch wrist and because it's all dial, the speedbird looks bigger and some 41 and 42mm watches
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  29. #679

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    It's the perfect size, only thing I'd change would be 200m WR, just feel happier.

  30. #680
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,614
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by burnside
    Oi, don't rub it in. ;)

    Sorry old boy. :-(

  31. #681

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    That's okay Jon glad she's gone to someone who appreciates her. All joking aside I think it is the best vfm watch with the cleanest dial, pure elegance and simplicity with excellent specs, one of the best bracelets i've seen and worn out there.

  32. #682
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,614
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by burnside
    That's okay Jon glad she's gone to someone who appreciates her. All joking aside I think it is the best vfm watch with the cleanest dial, pure elegance and simplicity with excellent specs, one of the best bracelets i've seen and worn out there.
    Correct.

  33. #683

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Wonderful, you have the drawing picture.

  34. #684

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex247
    I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)
    Yeah thats the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on one of these without being able to try one on.

  35. #685

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex247
    I really like this watch but at 39mm it is just too small for my big chunky wrist. Any chance Eddie could do an 'IWC' and increase the diameter by a couple of mm!! :)
    I purchased one and it left the house 1 day later. 42mm would be perferct for me. For ilustration on 7 1/4 inch wrist

  36. #686
    Master oldandgrumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    3,331

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by organic
    I purchased one and it left the house 1 day later. 42mm would be perferct for me. For ilustration on 7 1/4 inch wrist
    Looks perfect size to me :?

  37. #687
    Craftsman djkennedy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    702

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Looks fantastic.

    And would fit perfectly on any wrist!

  38. #688
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,064

    Re: Speedbird 3 Spec

    Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by organic
    I purchased one and it left the house 1 day later. 42mm would be perferct for me. For ilustration on 7 1/4 inch wrist
    Looks perfect size to me :?
    I agree, perfect fit unless looking for the train station clock look :?

  39. #689
    Craftsman jamesianbriggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    529
    Thread resurrection here but I was wondering if anyone knew whether new Speedbird 3s have a logo on the face. The pics on the timefactors site show one but lots of other images don't and there are forum chats on here about people preferring the 'unbranded' look. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #690
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sussex uk
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesianbriggs View Post
    Thread resurrection here but I was wondering if anyone knew whether new Speedbird 3s have a logo on the face. The pics on the timefactors site show one but lots of other images don't and there are forum chats on here about people preferring the 'unbranded' look. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just pm Eddie, swanbourne on here and he will tell you.

    mike

  41. #691
    Craftsman jamesianbriggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    529
    Thanks. Will contact him via TF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #692
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,032
    The one currently shown on the Time Factors website is the one available.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  43. #693
    Craftsman jamesianbriggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    529
    Many thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #694
    Master bigbaddes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Newport, Sarf Whales.
    Posts
    1,174


    Mine says Merry Christmas !

    Some silly forum member sold this to me pre-loved. Don't come up used very often as I reckon they are so bloody good.

    Buy one, you won't regret it - if you have any taste .

    Des.

  45. #695
    Craftsman Jackwibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    797
    Got my creamy on for Christmas I'm lucky enough to have a top spec black dial and a Mk1 as well so I guess I like them a little!





  46. #696
    Master dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,219
    For me, its damn near the perfect watch. Size, weight, styling, quality, you name it. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first 50 off a WTB with the chronometer grade movement, and its currently in for the full works with Paul W. This will be my second SBIII, but I would like to predict that this one is here to stay!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •