closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: snorers- the greatest invention ever in history ever, ever

Master

snorers- the greatest invention ever in history ever, ever

well after the success of the best smoking device ever i though it was time i told everyone about the device that may well have saved my marriage!

My wife snores and it is horrendous so much so that i had pretty much moved in to the spare room, she was always knackered as she never got a decent sleep due to waking herself up snoring!!
    First port of call was the doctor who sent her to the hospital for some tests and they told her that they could see the problem and it was fixable just not on the NHS grrr and that was the end of that.

Then at the earls court ideal home exhibition ( i was there under duress honest ) i see a sign like a flashing beacon of hope advertising some thing called the "good night" anti-snoring ring, now I'm pretty dubious of this kind of stuff but we were at our whits end to be honest and it came with a money back guarantee so what did we have to lose not even the purchase price of £20?, can't get better than that. ( would cost you the return postage if you wanted to send it back )
    So we bought one and from that day forward it has most definitely been a silent night, i get to sleep in my bed and my wife is no longer shattered from snoring herself awake every night.

it is a very simple none intrusive ring that is worn on the little finger, doesn't seem to matter which finger and apparently works on acupuncture pressure points, the wearer puts it on 15 minutes before bed and thats that it doesn't get much simpler

If you or your partner snore i cannot recommend this item highly enough

To say I was sceptical when I first heard of these would be an understatement but the finance manager at work assures me that it had made a real difference to her husbands snoring. I just cant see how they can work - however I may well give it a go for this money

Master
    There was no one more sceptical than me I can assure you and I still can't believe it works but it really does.
    I guess it doesn't work for everyone and I'm sure there will be some along shortly who have tried it to no avail but snoring really can be a problem in a relationship and it has to be worth a go as all it's going to cost is the return stamp.

Earls court was March the 24th and she has used it with outstanding results every night since. The reason I didn't post about it after the first few days was it could have been a fluke but a snore free month is definitely not a fluke

I think that the woman at work said that she bought hers at Boots

Do you think that this is the same as yours?

http://www.boots.com/en/Good-Night-S...edium_1154440/

Just checked the date, twice....

I've Got to try it,

I've learnt to sleep on my side to avoid upsetting and waking up my wife and then by reaction to that me, the consequence is I have to take pain killers for my left shoulder which is usually frozen solid most mornings and I honestly sleep better on my back, just no one else does....

Master
    Yes that's the one velorum

Quote Originally Posted by toastie View Post
    Yes that's the one velorum
    Thanks - will order one on line tonight

They're available at the best prices on ebay...of course!

£21.59 from Amazon, easy return I guess.

Tempted, as I sound like a hay-fevered rhino, allegedly.

Placebo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Placebo ?

Money back guarantee....but they still make a huge profit as all they have to do is reshape, repolish and repackage them. However, I doubt a placebo works on the partners who no longer hear snoring. Also, when you're asleep how can it work as a placebo?

Remember the most important thing. In space, no-one can hear you snore.

Craftsman
    Just got one from Amazon with a 3o day money back if it doesn't work. Will let you know how it goes

Master
    placebo, snake oil call it what you like if it works it works

good luck @dontblowsmoke i hope it works

Blog Entries
    This I have to try, my snoring is appalling and on a bad day I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. Anything is worth a try, and the fact they offer a no quibble refund says a lot. Ordered, let's see what happens.

Please update

Guys let me know
    My snoring has caused relationship issues with a few women
    I've just bought a no snore snore guard
    However, I nearly chocked on the one I tried before....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Guys let me know
    My snoring has caused relationship issues with a few women
    I've just bought a no snore snore guard
    However, I nearly chocked on the one I tried before....
    What are you waiting for? Some opinions on whether it works already in this thread. Just get it ordered, doesn't work just send it back.

Might anonymously send my neighbour one of these.... It's either that or have the pointing redone.

Master
    Oops, just read the OP's post properly. Deleted question.

B

ta much - just ordered a couple (one for me, one for the FIL) - anything for a quiet life and to stop the kicking.....

Keep us up to date on how it works please.

Grand Master
    intruiging.....updates when available please!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Well I'm glad it worked for the OP. But my wife tried it........still snores......tried nasa brace thingy....still snores.......some stinky vapour stuff........still snores.

Only option is me giving her (steady ;) ) a good kick mid snore. Gives me a five minute window to drop off

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    Well I'm glad it worked for the OP. But my wife tried it........still snores......tried nasa brace thingy....still snores.......some stinky vapour stuff........still snores.

Only option is me giving her (steady ;) ) a good kick mid snore. Gives me a five minute window to drop off

was just talking to my wife about this and she says in the instructions it said that results may not be instant and the ring should be worn every night as directed for 2 weeks before giving up, also did you send it back under the money back guarantee? just interested to see if they refunded

Well I like kicking her....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I haven't the foggiest how it works but I picked one up at Boots on the way home last night and I had the best night's sleep for a long time. More importantly, so did my wife.

Fingers crossed that it wasn't a fluke and works again tonight...

Master
    That's great news amnesia, I hope it wasn't a fluke as well

Blog Entries
    Mine arrived yesterday so have it a whirl last night, first impressions are of a really intense night in bed last night. Just had the most vivid dreams, felt like it was all night long too and have woken really groggy as a result. Normally I wouldn't remember or even feel like I've been dreaming so maybe this is me getting a bit more of the deeper stuff, the REM phase. Anyways, 25 mins post sleep, have gone from feeling like a bus has hit me to feeling remarkably good. Let's see what tonight brings.

Oh and irony of ironys, the wife was snoring when I woke up - that's new!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I feel your pain - I dropped almost 5 stone in weight recently and (apparently) no longer snore. Mrs. B, who has always complained about my nocturnal rumbunctiousness, however, now sounds like a remote-controlled nasal passage...

Craftsman
    placebo, snake oil call it what you like if it works it works

good luck @dontblowsmoke i hope it works
    +1
    Good luck, sounds amazing, I tried the anti-seasickness wrist bands some years back, they worked for me amazingly well.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I've been told I'd podium at the Olympics with my snoring and I had given up on every other option so was pretty dubious about this.
    Got mine yesterday and tried it last night WOWZER!
    Not sure if I snored but felt like the best nights sleep I've had in years. Felt refreshed, ready to get up, no sore throat, fuzzy head and hitting the snooze button 10 times.
    A big thumbs up from me and thanks to the OP

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's great news amnesia, I hope it wasn't a fluke as well

Early indications would suggest not... another snore-free night last night

mine arrived today - can't wait for tonight's bedroom antics!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRS2113 View Post

Ooooh er!

You do know it goes on your finger though?

jeff

i should bloody hope so - i only ordered a medium!

i should bloody hope so - i only ordered a medium!

Hope it helps!

jeff

Master
    Good luck mate let is know how it goes. ( just the snoring ;-). )

Master
    Interesting stuff - as others have said an update from people who have one would be great :-)

Craftsman
    The one I ordered also came today, will let you all know the result

Got to give this a go. Sick of the sticky brace things as they are difficult to get off in the morning, and don't always stop me snoring.

Well, had it on last night after having a few beers too (known to turn me into a grizzly snore-monster) - and the verdict from SWMBO is - complete silence! Even better than that, I woke up fresh as a spring daisy at 5am ready and raring to go (which almost never happens, normally it's hit the snooze button 7 times and rollover...)

So, THUMBSUP from me, so much so that more beers have been encouraged this evening!

Result

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday so have it a whirl last night, first impressions are of a really intense night in bed last night. Just had the most vivid dreams, felt like it was all night long too and have woken really groggy as a result. Normally I wouldn't remember or even feel like I've been dreaming so maybe this is me getting a bit more of the deeper stuff, the REM phase. Anyways, 25 mins post sleep, have gone from feeling like a bus has hit me to feeling remarkably good. Let's see what tonight brings.

i rather think that a good night's sleep involves not remembering your dreams. If you do then you're sleeping too lightly. I need to use a bipap breathing machine at night and if the pressure's not right I have a nightful of dreams and wake groggy. Right pressure = no dreams. However, I hope it works for you.

Craftsman
    Well it seemed to work!!!!?? I woke up at 07.30 and feel really refreshed.

I wonder if it would work on my cat...... she snores for cat-kind....

Bought one - no joy (for my wife) in terms of my snoring so far, but only tried the last 2 nights.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I've had mine on for the last four nights and it only bloody well works!
    Thanks OP.
    As a side note, the first one I ordered turned up empty. Packaging didn't look like it'd been tampered with either, just an empty box. Fair play to Amazon too who sent another one out, no quibbles on a next day express delivery.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    Well it seemed to work!!!!?? I woke up at 07.30 and feel really refreshed.
    Didn't work last night unfortunately.

Sound like BS to me. In cases where it "works" it probably does so by being uncomfortable and thus interfering with how the person normally sleeps - perhaps causing them to move around more.

I wanted to see if there was any basis to the "scientific" claims, and found this from a thread on another forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...28&postcount=5

Unfortunately the original is gone from the ASA site, otherwise I'd have linked to the original. I don't know why they only seem to retain records for a few years. It seems like keeping that information in the public domain should be part of their remit.

As for the money back guarantee, it likely involves a lot of unwarranted hassle, plus the cost of return postage. They also insist that you try for at least 2 weeks. By that time if it hasn't worked, they know most people won't bother claiming the refund, so they aren't really going to lose money, especially compared to the extra sales gained because of it.

As for the whole "meridians" mumbo jumbo, this is among the more tenuous aspects of Chinese traditional medicine. Even my taiji instructor doesn't believe in it. Pressure points are certainly very real, but the whole business of energy lines connecting certain extremities to your heart, liver, etc., is at best "unproven". I say this as someone with enough of an interest in the subject to own a couple of books by Erle Montaigue. Doesn't mean I believe every word of it.

Also, while there may be a few "testimonials" floating around, assuming that most of them aren't fake, anecdotes are not scientific data. There's apparently a "scientific" study that they themselves funded, but I couldn't find the actual paper anywhere so remain highly skeptical of its findings. The only thing I could find on the Aspen research site was a page showing how much PR their "study" had got their client:

http://www.aspenclinical.com/aspen-c...ng-ring-study/

No link to the actual published paper. Does this seem like a reputable scientific body, or PR agency masquerading as one?

Master
    So far, mine has apparently not worked.
    But I wonder if I'm wearing it too tight or perhaps not tight enough?

From those who have had success, how tight?
    Tight enough to leave an impression of the whole ring on your finger in the morning - or loose enough for no impression at all?

Maybe I'm the wrong type of snorer, maybe it's snake oil, or maybe I'm wearing it poorly ???

Any advice

Well, I have worn mine for 2 nights and my wife claims she didn't hear me snore on either night (she usually does). So, it appears to work for me. [I had every intention of sending the darn thing back - frankly I'm astounded that it works!] Trouble now is my cat was seen playing with it (daughter 1 or 2 must have pushed it off the bannister) and the ring has disappeared . So, I've ordered a replacement (can always use it as a backup).

I made sure it was firmly on my pinky finger, such that it left a grey mark around the finger in the morning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    ... it left a grey mark around the finger in the morning.
    Grey ???