closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recasing a Ball watch

Journeyman

Recasing a Ball watch

Hello!

Needing some collective wisdom here.

I am looking to purchase a used Ball Engineer Master II and have one in my sights. However, the condition is pretty banged up with stainless steel showing through the DLC.

So I checked with the service centre where I live and they can recase ot for me at a cost.

My question is, is there any problems with recasing a watch?

Any advice and comments welcomed please.

Thank you

no problems except the price!

be sure it is done by a certified watchmaker with all the care and checks needed to do so. It is a fairly simple process, compared to say, an overhaul of the movement...

Re-case

When done by the manufacturer's service centre, i do not forsee any issues, except the cost of it.

I was recently forced to re-case two Omega watches, one vintage and one modern. Both came back looking like new and working well as they performed a movement overhaul, changed the gaskets, pressure test to factory WR specs etc at the same time. No worries.

Journeyman
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. I think I will go stalk the SC now. 😁

Just a thought, but have you tried asking Ball? Assuming you want an Engineer Master II diver case that is.
    They are very reasonable on servicing prices.
    I have a green Engineer Master II and love it. I was going to photograph it for the "favourite caseback" thread, but I would have to clean it, and skips are expensive in Manchester.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Just a thought, but have you tried asking Ball? Assuming you want an Engineer Master II diver case that is.
    They are very reasonable on servicing prices.
    I have a green Engineer Master II and love it. I was going to photograph it for the "favourite caseback" thread, but I would have to clean it, and skips are expensive in Manchester.
    Yes I did actually. It costs quite a bit but I would have peace of mind in this case.