closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 98 of 181 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,900 of 9012

Thread: Show your Seikos.

Missus picked it up for me today in Thailand- have to wait until next month until I'm back out there to wear it though

This a cracking piece, many thanks to Chris: Getting rid of the 'Solar' and 'X' from the dial would make it near perfect

Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    This a cracking piece, many thanks to Chris: Getting rid of the 'Solar' and 'X' from the dial would make it near perfect

Excellent picture Derek! Looks fab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-Marinemaster,

Green Sumo just arrived from Japan (SZSC004)

Here is a video which got me wanting this - The colour in the video is true reflection compared to my photo effort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyxCVj5P9o

Here is one of mine, a Seiko Sumo. Can’t wait to put it back on again next month as I prepare for my holiday.

https://s33.postimg.cc/hbkxxzt3j/257...62_F301_E9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

M795,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post

That's a fantastic picture and confirmation (I think) that I've made the right decision getting one of these. Was expecting delivery today and even arranged my in-laws to accept delivery. Postie must have somehow missed them (or they missed him) so have to collect from the sorting office in the morning!

I don't mind the dial script at all and there's always been something on there (quartz ,professional ,SQ kinetic, automatic etc). Losing the day and just having the date makes things look far cleaner and well balanced to my eye.

Roll on the morning when I can collect.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Picked this SNE498P1 at last from the post office on the way to work and I love it!

Been looking for a golden tuna ever since I sold my 7549-7009 600m quartz tuna several years back. I missed it and wanted to recapture the feel of the watch without the heft and 48mm size of that classic.

None of the releases in recent years ever seemed to be what I wanted until this arrived. First impressions are extremely positive and quality seems great at the right price point. The silicone strap is instantly comfortable and the shroud is textured like my old 600m. Legibility is perfect with big hands and a nice black background date which seems to sit in a "well" a few millimetres below the dial. Bezel alignment is perfect and the second hand hits the markers spot on and even the second hand is half gold coloured and the whole gold tone is very subtle.
    Size wise its around 45mm according to my ruler but doesn't look that big on the wrist as much of the size is bezel and shroud. Pics on my 7.5 inch wrist.

Any negatives , well I'm being super-picky as I think its practically perfect but the buckle is a little large compared to the older design but I'll get used to that. Crown is unscrewed btw.

The depth is reminiscent of my old H558 Arnie.

"Charging up"

Cheers
    Neil

Looks fantastic. I really like hte granulated finish on the shroud. Does the second hand hit the markers like on a battery quartz Tuna? Any idea what the lug to lug length is?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Looks fantastic. I really like hte granulated finish on the shroud. Does the second hand hit the markers like on a battery quartz Tuna? Any idea what the lug to lug length is?
    Yes indeed the second hand hits the markers perfectly all the way around and it behaves like a quartz as it is a quartz but a solar powered one which apparently can run 9 months when fully charged. In reality occasional wear in good normal lighting should see it sticking away for many a year.

Lug to lug length seems to be 44 mm , lug width is 22 mm

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Picked this SNE498P1 at last from the post office on the way to work and I love it!

Been looking for a golden tuna ever since I sold my 7549-7009 600m quartz tuna several years back. I missed it and wanted to recapture the feel of the watch without the heft and 48mm size of that classic.

None of the releases in recent years ever seemed to be what I wanted until this arrived. First impressions are extremely positive and quality seems great at the right price point. The silicone strap is instantly comfortable and the shroud is textured like my old 600m. Legibility is perfect with big hands and a nice black background date which seems to sit in a "well" a few millimetres below the dial. Bezel alignment is perfect and the second hand hits the markers spot on and even the second hand is half gold coloured and the whole gold tone is very subtle.
    Size wise its around 45mm according to my ruler but doesn't look that big on the wrist as much of the size is bezel and shroud. Pics on my 7.5 inch wrist.

Any negatives , well I'm being super-picky as I think its practically perfect but the buckle is a little large compared to the older design but I'll get used to that. Crown is unscrewed btw.

The depth is reminiscent of my old H558 Arnie.

"Charging up"

Cheers
    Neil
    I agree with you Neil, really great watch!

I have ordered the PADI version, so looking forward to seeing what it’s like!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    I agree with you Neil, really great watch!

I have ordered the PADI version, so looking forward to seeing what it’s like!

The more I looked at images and a video of the Pepsi PADI version the more I liked it and contemplated getting it also and the keeping my favourite. I believe there's a bracelet stainless steel version coming soon presumably with silver coloured bezel and lugs so want to see what that loos like before deciding.

Cheers
    Neil

Trying to decide between this and the scurfa ms18.

Decisions decisions

Yes indeed the second hand hits the markers perfectly all the way around and it behaves like a quartz as it is a quartz but a solar powered one which apparently can run 9 months when fully charged. In reality occasional wear in good normal lighting should see it sticking away for many a year.

Lug to lug length seems to be 44 mm , lug width is 22 mm

Cheers
    Neil
    Thanks, that's great. I love the solidity of the Tuna movement, amazing you can get a similar feel for this money. Also I like the original Tuna look with the black and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Trying to decide between this and the scurfa ms18.

Decisions decisions
    Both great choices! I've been thinking about that two, but as I already have a CWC, this seems like a better bet. Mind you I already have a Tuna too...

Found the solar tuna for a good price so that's the decision made.

Roll on Tuesday

Master

Roll on Tuesday
    these are really tempting me

PADI Solar Tuna arrived with me this morning.
    Really liking this variant. Textured dial and two-tone green/blue Lume are especially cool features.

^that's a nice looking puppy chris!
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    ^that's a nice looking puppy chris!
    Thank you!
    I wasn’t sure about the PADI version but it is fast becoming my favourite!

Master
    Very Cool Chris

Roll on Tuesday
    How much are they going for and what's the best place to get them from? Thought I would check them out in the Seiko Boutique in London.

I found it for 300.

Out of stock now though.

Watcho have it at 380 plus a 5% code

Something a bit different for me today.
    Seiko Presage Blue Moon

Arrived early.

It's quite nice isn't it.

It's either a keeper or a quick flip

Master
    PADI Solar Tuna arrived with me this morning.
    Really liking this variant. Textured dial and two-tone green/blue Lume are especially cool features.

Damn it all , Chris's pics are so good I've had to get the Pepsi PADI to try too!

Was going to leave it as I wasn't sure but found one for £289 (Lowry Jewellers - no affiliation).

Cheers
    Neil

Damn it all , Chris's pics are so good I've had to get the Pepsi PADI to try too!

Was going to leave it as I wasn't sure but found one for £289 (Lowry Jewellers - no affiliation).

Cheers
    Neil
    Thanks Neil!

Surprisingly, the pepsi PADI version is my favourite of the Solar Tunas so far.

I’ve ordered a Sharkmesh bracelet and also some of the funky tartan Perlon straps to change the look a bit.

I’ll post some pics when they arrive.

Journeyman
    Simple pleasures of a beater on a cool, breathable jubilee in the heat

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks Neil!

Surprisingly, the pepsi PADI version is my favourite of the Solar Tunas so far.

I’ve ordered a Sharkmesh bracelet and also some of the funky tartan Perlon straps to change the look a bit.

I’ll post some pics when they arrive.

Look forward to seeing those pics Chris and it'll be nice to have another Pepsi to go along with my 7548. There's little information at present on the stainless steel version of this watch that comes on a bracelet and I could only find one poor picture.

Cheers
    Neil

Show your Seikos.

Neil - Yes, I have also heard of a stainless steel Solar Tuna which would complete this trio, but like you I have not heard of a release date. Unsure whether it’ll be a limited or special edition, but if the Golden and PADI versions are anything to go by, I think it’ll be superb!

Master

My original MM300 and his new very green sister

Last edited by subchris; 3rd July 2018 at 18:59.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post

That is a stunner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post

My original MM300 and his new very green sister

Really really hard to show just how green this is!!
    In person it’s absolutely stunning!!!

I’m in love again��

Last edited by subchris; 3rd July 2018 at 20:13.

Two recent arrivals here, both have part lumed bezels.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    The "Pepsi PADI Solar Tuna" arrived today and I really like it and not sure yet whether or not to keep this and the golden version instead of just deciding to keep my favourite.

Cheers
    Neil

Cracking pics Neil!! ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post

Really really hard to show just how green this is!!
    In person it’s absolutely stunning!!!

I’m in love again��

Master
    "What's it all about" - dug this out for some summer air.

B
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Cracking pics Neil!! ^^^^

Thanks Chris and it's a cracking watch as you know and it was your pictures that made me take the plunge on both of these models as I didn't know they existed a couple of weeks ago.

I think I'll be keeping this and the golden tuna as they look pretty different really and are such great wearable watches.

For me these are the best new releases from Seiko that suit my requirements in years.

Cheers
    Neil

Craftsman
    This turned up today after a week in customs, I am very pleased, I think its one to put away for the right occasion though. But for the money it's a keeper and bound to get a look or two if the bloke on the next table in the pub wants to see the time without moving. It's 50mm case size is somewhat offset by the integrated lugs. I thought I would put it over my desk clock for a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post
    Mmmm, Tuna. Simply gorgeous!

It's so odd that, when I first came here a couple of years ago after buying an SKX007, I just didn't get the attraction with Tunas at all, I found them to be quite fugly whereas now shrouded cases are my favourite style of dive watch. Funny how tastes can change, or maybe it was acquired due to S.L's posts of his fantastic collection in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneman View Post
    Mmmm, Tuna. Simply gorgeous!

It's so odd that, when I first came here a couple of years ago after buying an SKX007, I just didn't get the attraction with Tunas at all, I found them to be quite fugly whereas now shrouded cases are my favourite style of dive watch. Funny how tastes can change, or maybe it was acquired due to S.L's posts of his fantastic collection in this thread.
    Thank you, happy to spread the disease.

Craftsman
    Just back from four brilliant days in London. Managed to cram in lots of attractions including Greenwich. I thought I may as well get a snap of my only GMT whilst there on the river boat. The blurry masts of the Cutty Sark are in the distant background!

Journeyman
    SARB033 today. I prefer the smaller watches when it's hot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SKX009 arrived earlier in the week. I’m very pleasantly surprised with it, even the rattly bracelet which is comfortable but sounds like I have a pocket of loose change!