closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 168 of 181 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,400 of 9012

Thread: Show your Seikos.

Quote Originally Posted by famyklebust View Post
    That looks great, Gavbaz! I’ve been lusting after one of those since I first saw it, but can’t decide between it and an SPB149. Finally kicked the idea of a blue BB58, and a blue Seiko may be the answer.
    I’ve had a 149 and this is a much nicer blue IMHO. The 149 will hold its value better though, being a limited edition.

I’ve a 143 and a 297 and nice as it is, the 143 isn’t getting a look in.

Show your Seikos.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    How’s the bracelet?
    Looks a bloody excellent watch in that photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bracelet is good. Solid thing, only let down by the lack of screw links, very comfortable indeed though.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 10th September 2022 at 20:55.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve had a 149 and this is a much nicer blue IMHO. The 149 will hold its value better though, being a limited edition.

Is the bezel modded? Looks really nice!!

No, it’s standard.

They are a fantastic watch and the dial is really nice; they don’t tend to photograph to their full potential though.

Master
    Two fairly special Seikos.

Had a win with this today. Been having issues changing the date, thought the 7s26 had bitten the dust. But after raiding my spares drawer a new crown and stem from an old project has fixed the issue.
    Last edited by AmosMoses; 13th September 2022 at 09:52.

Master
    5M85 by biglewie, on Flickr

Show your Seikos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joe.K; 13th September 2022 at 12:15.

Craftsman

That dial is lovely — not seen it in person, but even in pictures it’s clear that it’s something special.

I’ve pretty much decided that I’ll put feelers out for a 149 or 143 when I’m back from holiday, and hope to check them out in the flesh before then.

I’ve searched Sales Corner and the bay to research prices, but haven’t been able to pinpoint what one should expect to pay for a used 143 or 149 these days. Does anyone have any ideas on what’s reasonable?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post

Had a win with this today. Been having issues changing the date, thought the 7s26 had bitten the dust. But after raiding my spares drawer a new crown and stem from an old project has fixed the issue.
    Love that, where did you get the bezel, looks excellent.

Show your Seikos.

A rash airport purchase this week - but am really enjoying it.
    Lovely size. Surprisingly hefty

After all tuna tryouts think I found the favourite, sbbn007 on sbbn015 bracelet. No polishing, no diashield, X factor without an X on the dial, just a great toolish steel

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Love that, where did you get the bezel, looks excellent.
    Here - https://one-second-closer.com/shop/t...stok-z-09-sgh/

Show your Seikos.

That dial is lovely — not seen it in person, but even in pictures it’s clear that it’s something special.

I’ve pretty much decided that I’ll put feelers out for a 149 or 143 when I’m back from holiday, and hope to check them out in the flesh before then.

I’ve searched Sales Corner and the bay to research prices, but haven’t been able to pinpoint what one should expect to pay for a used 143 or 149 these days. Does anyone have any ideas on what’s reasonable?
    I like 143 with the grey dial but was less taken with the 149.

I took three in exchange for an SLA043 and sold the 149 for about £1000 (it is a limited edition) and the other two for around the £700 mark (a white dial 213 and a black/gilt 239 (IIRC).

I bought a 143 with a scratch on the case for £600 but they are also around the £650-700 mark.

The 297 is a “Save the ocean” edition with a textured dial and still available new from online retailers with at least a 10% discount.

Edit: the 239 sold for £615 and the 213 for £725
    Last edited by Dave+63; 15th September 2022 at 09:45.

Craftsman
    I like 143 with the grey dial but was less taken with the 149.

I took three in exchange for an SLA043 and sold the 149 for about £1000 (it is a limited edition) and the other two for around the £700 mark (a white dial 213 and a black/gilt 239 (IIRC).

I bought a 143 with a scratch on the case for £600 but they are also around the £650-700 mark.

The 297 is a “Save the ocean” edition with a textured dial and still available new from online retailers with at least a 10% discount.

Edit: the 239 sold for £615 and the 213 for £725
    Thank you so much for the thorough reply, Dave! Much appreciated. I think I've found a Seiko dealer in Malta with stock of the 297, so I'll hopefully try it on holiday. I feel more comfortable buying the non-textured dial ones unseen, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    Two fairly special Seikos.

Neat. You don't see that 6117 in such nice shape that often.

Thank you so much for the thorough reply, Dave! Much appreciated. I think I've found a Seiko dealer in Malta with stock of the 297, so I'll hopefully try it on holiday. I feel more comfortable buying the non-textured dial ones unseen, for some reason.
    You won’t be disappointed with the dial.

Picked this up from verv at a knockdown price. I'd have preferred it if the hour and minute hands were blue, too, but there you go. Only Allah is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Picked this up from verv at a knockdown price. I'd have preferred it if the hour and minute hands were blue, too, but there you go. Only Allah is perfect.

Knockdown price? You practically stole it from her!

Proper nice watch though.

I know!

I have a great weakness for watches reduced to ridiculous levels - I though I bought C's Aquastar, too, at a steal. Very happy, She even threw in her favourite strap!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    Thanks👍

Craftsman
    loving this combo atm

Seiko M330 'Sealion'.

All original as far as my uneducated eyes can tell.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flareslove View Post
    loving this combo atm

That's hard to better, I'd say.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

I really am drawn to those, probably the only Seiko I would buy at the moment, like I need another diver!

Sbbn015

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    A rash airport purchase this week - but am really enjoying it.
    Lovely size. Surprisingly hefty

Quoting myself! Terrible practice - but to update, I have now lost this to my 14yr old son!!!
    Bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Sbbn015
    One of my fav's grab n go
    Currently on pre-gen 007

Master
    SLA021J1 & SKX007J

SPB077 bought brand new from an AD yesterday. I must say I’m very impressed. The case is stunning and the bracelet is unusually excellent for Seiko. The bizarre thing is how it wears; it’s 42mm but wears like a 40mm. In the pics it’s on a rubber strap I’ve had for yonks and I think it’s a perfect pairing.

Master
    SKX007J rocking a new, very comfortable, well made, rather cheap eBay strap😁

Master
    New arrival from a fellow forum member this week, thanks David.

7C43-7000 from January 1986.

Cheers
    Neil

You've picked up an absolute belter there Neil and with the added assurance that it has come from the Seiko Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    New arrival from a fellow forum member this week, thanks David.

7C43-7000 from January 1986.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You've picked up an absolute belter there Neil and with the added assurance that it has come from the Seiko Yoda.
    I didn’t hesitate when I saw it even though I already have a couple of 7C43’s but this was too nice to pass up and David’s watches are always top notch

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Please, what name (code) has this Seiko?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Having been effectively Seiko-less since my schoolboy quartz in the '70s, I currently have two, both quite recently arrived -

First-in was a really pretty, but grimy and unloved, SNXS77J1 that fortunately cleaned-up well:

Chap I bought this from reckoned it was from ca. 1996 - any Seiko experts know if that's plausible?
    The bracelet was solid with wrist-cheese so took a lot of cleaning, and needed a small repair to unstretch some links that had been overextended backwards at some point, but aside from the predictable wear-and-tear, it's in good shape, and I like that's original and shows its history.

The watch impressed me with its overall quality - sure the movement is an anachronism and keeps poor time (+5 minutes a week!), but the case is wonderfully well-designed (LOVE the neat position and tucked-in nature of the crown), the dial with applied logo and indices is far better than you'd ever expect nowadays, the hands hit the markers (!), and back in the days these clearly were the huge bargain they were said to be by fans. Current equivalents - not so much now, sadly.

Not too long afterwards, an SLA043 - a model I'd hankered-after since release as by far the nicest-looking of the 62MAS homages - came up at very fair price in SC, and I just had to have it:

It really is a beautiful thing in the metal, peak 1960s design, especially the dial, and I'm one of the freaks that actually likes the blue seconds-hand. I just wish the handsome rubber straps wore better - they're so thick and stiff they wear like a rubber brick! The steel keeper is too tall and annoying, too! So, onto a DiModell 'Imperator' it has gone ... which is even stiffer! I am pleased with the visual match, and it comes from DM's 'WAPRO' waterproof range, so is more appropriate for a diver than it might at first seem. That at least is gradually conforming to my wrist shape!

Timekeeping is as excellent as you'd expect, in fact I've yet to detect any deviation, but don't have a timegrapher. The legendary lume is also living-up to promise - only the Omega is close, but that costs half as much again new.

A couple of weeks in and this is strongly feeling like a 'keeper'. It was meant to share 'high-days-&-holidays' duty with my Omega PO, but it's on my wrist a lot more often than that!

Master
    Paul, so glad you’re enjoying the SLA043 and I hope it becomes a keeper for you. The blue seconds hand doesn’t look out of place. I enjoyed owning it for a while but since moving it on I’ve switched back to my BB58 and enjoy wearing it each day. I think I’m a one watch person at heart, which is an odd thing to admit to in this little community. It has cost me a fair amount of money along the way but I’ve enjoyed the ride.

I actually envy you Sean, but perhaps this addiction has to run its course before it's possible to attain one-watch Nirvana!

It's too soon to call it, but this watch just feels special, and would certainly be on the shortlist to stay if I was reducing down to, say, 5 watches.

Master
    Agreed on the OEM strap, it’s too thick for the size of the case. If you like bracelets it looks great on the SLA017 version. The steel is ever so slightly a different shade but it’s not really noticeable on the wrist.

My 7548.

Last edited by j111dja; 2nd October 2022 at 14:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    My 7548.

Very nice
    Thought mine was clean until I saw this
    7548 7000 by biglewie, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Very nice
    Thought mine was clean until I saw this
    7548 7000 by biglewie, on Flickr
    Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Agreed on the OEM strap, it’s too thick for the size of the case. If you like bracelets it looks great on the SLA017 version. The steel is ever so slightly a different shade but it’s not really noticeable on the wrist.
    I rarely get-on with bracelets, but I've got to admit that really is a strong look

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    First-in was a really pretty, but grimy and unloved, SNXS77J1 that fortunately cleaned-up well:

Chap I bought this from reckoned it was from ca. 1996 - any Seiko experts know if that's plausible?
    Don't know if I'm an expert but 1996 is possible. I see that the watch has a 7009 movement (not the later 7S26) so if the serial number starts with a 6 then either 1986 or 1996 would be about right.

I must say that I thought that the 7009 had been replaced fully by the 7S26 by 1996 but the watch looks to me to be too modern in style to be 1986, although I suppose it's not impossible. Anyway, it has to be either 1986 or 1996. 2006 would definitely be too late for the 7009.

P.S. I don't think it can be a model SNXS77J1. According to my duckduckgoing, the SNXS77J1 is a later model (that looks externally identical to yours) but with the later 7S26 rather than the 7009. Your watch's model number would be different and, unless you have an original hang tag or maybe receipt, it's probably impossible to find it out.

P.P.S. Further duckduckgoing tells me that the 7S26 was released in 1996 and so it is entirely plausible that yours was one of the last 7009 watches that Seiko made. And so 1996 does look like the most likely year for this watch, assuming the serial number starts with a 6.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 3rd October 2022 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Don't know if I'm an expert but 1996 is possible. I see that the watch has a 7009 movement (not the later 7S26) so if the serial number starts with a 6 then either 1986 or 1996 would be about right.

I must say that I thought that the 7009 had been replaced fully by the 7S26 by 1996 but the watch looks to me to be too modern in style to be 1986, although I suppose it's not impossible. Anyway, it has to be either 1986 or 1996. 2006 would definitely be too late for the 7009.

P.S. I don't think it can be a model SNXS77J1. According to my duckduckgoing, the SNXS77J1 is a later model (that looks externally identical to yours) but with the later 7S26 rather than the 7009. Your watch's model number would be different and, unless you have an original hang tag or maybe receipt, it's probably impossible to find it out.

P.P.S. Further duckduckgoing tells me that the 7S26 was released in 1996 and so it is entirely plausible that yours was one of the last 7009 watches that Seiko made. And so 1996 does look like the most likely year for this watch, assuming the serial number starts with a 6.

Definitely quacking like an expert from where I'm sat! Thank-you, most interesting

I don't have the watch with me at the mo', but will check the serial number and see if I can make sense of it.

I like the non GS Spring Drive watches.... here's my SNR015 GMT:

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

Prospex LX Violet Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Safe to say I have the seiko bug.The GS is a recent purchase and is a different level altogether

http://