Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    SSBS018

Perfect!

Journeyman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    My new Grumo :)20180707_131000.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Fantastic, love the golden Tuna. Is that a re edition or an original one? The reason I got this solar one.

Seiko new Pepsi Turtle modified with bracelet from StrapCode + coin edge bezel, lollipop seconds hand, kanji day wheel and crystal from Yobokies.

Craftsman
    Recent pick up from the sales forum

SARB065

Spring Drive Tuna SBDB013 today - replaced the one I sold as they are simply awesome

Last edited by S.L; 10th July 2018 at 06:08.

Master
    I've started seeing pictures of a new Zimbe MM300; except from the red accents, I think it looks great; far nicer than the last Zimbe MM300. Honestly not even sure it's real because, at the minute, I can only find it on Facebook. SLA027 apparently.

1984 Issued RAF Gen 1 for me

Slightly different PADI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    I've started seeing pictures of a new Zimbe MM300; except from the red accents, I think it looks great; far nicer than the last Zimbe MM300. Honestly not even sure it's real because, at the minute, I can only find it on Facebook. SLA027 apparently.

Looks like it is missing ĒPADIĒ on the dial...

Slightly better colour offering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journeyman
    Samurai Blue Lagoon LE on Isofrane

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Sorry they're not on a hairy arm, but my two latest Seikos arrived today so I just put them side by side in order of when I acquired them. The oldest being the 2180-0350 given to me as my first watch by my Dad in the late 1960s. It still winds and works. Just seeing how the time keeping runs alongside the others today. Unfortunately it was looked at by some high street bodger some years ago who replaced the crystal and strap but left a tiny dent in the face (just short of the 7 marker). When you wind it the whole mechanism rocks inside the case as if a washer or clip was not put back in. Sadly, I didn't notice this at the time.

For nostalgia it would be nice to sort it out but so far I haven't found a friendly local shop who would mind doing bits for me without turning their noses up.

Holding it's own with the big boys ..

And against my daily beater ..

Master
    My two arrivals just received today, Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster and the Seiko SLA019. Black and Green, both look bloody lovely, now to size the SLA019...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Iíve just started collecting and Iíve picked up 3 Seikos. Or at least I thought I did.

The Cocktail Time was a gift from another member on here. Itís gorgeous in my mind.

The other two I picked up as what I thought were cheap vintage Seiko 5s. Sellers both seemed genuine enough but I got a total bashing last night on a Facebook group as Iím told the blue one is a re-faced Indian jobbie with Seiko internals. A so called Feiko!

So thatís a shame but at least not an expensive mistake! Iím a total noob though I still donít really understand how the guys picked it up so quick?!

p

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    My two arrivals just received today, Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster and the Seiko SLA019. Black and Green, both look bloody lovely, now to size the SLA019...

im jealous. they look great. the MM master hands have to be the most no nonsense "tool" hands ever. i love the simplicity of them.

Master
    They are very nice and the quality is very good, Green is the one that's going to get the most wear tbh, can't stop admiring it...

Master
    Very pleased to have just picked up the SRPC13K1 at a local watch shop. Will get a wrist shot up soon; googled image posted below. Price was higher than online prices at £219 but I noticed looking around it's sold out virtually everywhere so seems to be destined for collector status?

I was totally unaware of these but stopped in my tracks when I walked past the window a few weeks ago.. loved the retro look and it really stood out amongst the other stuff they had in. Today, with it still there, I took the plunge.

Anyway, the shop also has a single one of the the SRPC16K1 (which is the gold body with brown dial) for £239.. if anyone is on the hunt for one of these I'm happy to pick it up and ship to you for whatever it costs me to do so.

Cheers.

Last edited by chicaneuk; 13th July 2018 at 17:21.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Very pleased to have just picked up the SRPC13K1 at a local watch shop. Will get a wrist shot up soon; googled image posted below. Price was higher than online prices at £219 but I noticed looking around it's sold out virtually everywhere so seems to be destined for collector status?

I was totally unaware of these but stopped in my tracks when I walked past the window a few weeks ago.. loved the retro look and it really stood out amongst the other stuff they had in. Today, with it still there, I took the plunge.

Anyway, the shop also has a single one of the the SRPC16K1 (which is the gold body with brown dial) for £239.. if anyone is on the hunt for one of these I'm happy to pick it up and ship to you for whatever it costs me to do so.

Cheers.

Thatís really nice. Super retro.

Master
    That's exactly what hooked me in! :) Looking forward to getting the Apple Watch off and giving a proper watch some time on the wrist again.

Apprentice
    Think you made the right choice having just looked up the gold one. Straton do a similar looking watch would rather have a Seiko!

D031 from 1980

Craftsman
    Freshly arrived, and firmly clamped on the wrist!

Craftsman

Good old Sumo

Popped the Sumo on a standard Crafter Blue rubber strap and started wearing it again today after a long time being sat in the box. I had forgotten what a comfortable watch it is to wear. It fits my flat wrist perfectly. It has a few scrapes, from the previous owner, on the case and the Hardlex has a few war wounds but it just adds to this watches character (not forgetting the Seiko trade mark alignment trait of course!). It does feel heavy though after my Shogun and Explorer!

I tried the Alpinist on a mesh the other day, what do you think? It works to dress it up up bit but not the most practical strap for everyday wear, it would fill up with dirt to quickly for my liking.