closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Tag Heuer Carrera

New Tag Heuer Carrera

I’ve just had an email about this and think it’s rather nice.

£6100 though so I’ll probably wait a while.

https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/timep...2982a5ea2561fc

Last edited by Dave+63; Yesterday at 12:14. Reason: Add picture

Master
    Blog Entries
    The sub dials look wonky in that pic- probably a render trying to capture the curves of the dial and crysta. It’s nice but I think I prefer the reverse panda.

I was lookinh at the Carrera range and thought they looked very nice watches. I think the marketing was great too. Bit pricey for me though...not sure I could get my head round paying £6k for a Tag.

All is good though, you get a complimentary travel pouch, £6100! I struggle to grasp pricing nowadays, but I’m probably just old and grumpy. Nice watch and a good size.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I detest the red accents on this. It would otherwise have been a lovely panda Carrera. Grasping defeat from the jaws of victory!

I like Carreras, however in this case I think (1) over-used red, (2) the pushers are inelegant, (3) the second hand, Swiss, date arrangement at 6 is a clumsy design, (4) pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are watch brands getting their prices from these days?

For that kind of money you could buy a lovely original 1960s Carrera or a nice 1163 Autavia. I'm afraid even if it were £1k I wouldn't want one, it looks like they've run out of ideas. They did a run of nice replicas of the originals and those look cracking value but since then TAG have lost their way with the designs.
    "A man of little significance"

They are having a laugh at that price!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    For that kind of money you could buy a lovely original 1960s Carrera or a nice 1163 Autavia. I'm afraid even if it were £1k I wouldn't want one, it looks like they've run out of ideas. They did a run of nice replicas of the originals and those look cracking value but since then TAG have lost their way with the designs.
    Agree. If you search Carrera on SC, some lovely examples of Tag reissues have come and gone in the £2-3k range.

Needs the date removed IMHO

Craftsman
    I agree about removing the date; I generally don't like date complications: they are often too small, and I don't use them anyway to check the date, so it is just something that is a hassle to change and set at the end of some months.

I got one of these in 2020, and it is the nicest looking Carrera I seen so far (Carrera Limited Edition (1000) Montreal):

It is also a 39mm, and was £5550 new. However, at 39mm the face is a bit small for me, especially the sub-dials; I definitely would not want a date crammed in there too. It has the usual problem of a small dial that the hour and minute hands will often obscure the sub-dials, which is artfully avoided in the stock photo above by using the standard 10:10 time.

Prices are just crazy on Tag heuers the build quality not the best either

Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Second hand dial and hand should match the other two. Looks odd.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    If you mean the red tipped hand, I don't think that is the seconds hand, but the 60 second counter for the chronograph. The seconds hand is in the small sub-dial at 6 o'clock, with the date crammed on top of it. The sub-dial at 3 o'clock is the chronograph 30 minute counter, and the sub-dial at 9 o'clock is the chronograph 12 hour counter. That is the same layout as my Montreal edition.
    Last edited by Tatters; Today at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post

Personally, I’m not a fan of the yellow but do agree that it looks better without the date.

The chronograph pushers are nicer on your too.

Craftsman
    Interestingly, the yellow is not lume, it is just there for colour. There is no lume on this dial, which is OK for me as I am not bothered about lume. Usually my watches do not see enough daylight to warrant having lume, and on the rare occasions I try to read a watch at night, the lume is either too faded or blurry to make out the time.

Not massively keen on the yellow, but I do prefer those Heuer reissues compared to the latest model. I'd agree, no date is better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Second hand dial and hand should match the other two. Looks odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    If you mean the red tipped hand, I don't think that is the seconds hand, but the 60 second counter for the chronograph. The seconds hand is in the small sub-dial at 6 o'clock, with the date crammed on top of it. The sub-dial at 3 o'clock is the chronograph 30 minute counter, and the sub-dial at 9 o'clock is the chronograph 12 hour counter. That is the same layout as my Montreal edition.
    I meant the subdial at 6 should match the subdials at 3 and 9.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I guess they have done it that way so that it is not so obvious that the date is half on the sub-dial, and half not.