closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos FXD poor performance

Tudor Pelagos FXD poor performance

I have a MN22 FXD which I’ve owned from new. Poor strap longevity aside, I love the watch - the design, comfort and military association all add up to a cool timepiece.

I’ve worn mine as part of a rotation for over a year now and it spends a fair bit of time on a winder. Timekeeping was very accurate for the first few months - it would lose about 5s a week which is impressive.

Over the past few months I’ve noticed the timekeeping slipping significantly - it’s now losing 7-8s per day - not anything to cry about, but out of spec and poor for this movement. It also takes a lot of shaking to get going once the PR has been drained and doesn’t seem to respond particularly to manual winding.

Is this normal for a MT5602 movement or do I have a bad one? Has anyone else experienced poor performance from their FXDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think if it’s becoming noticeable to you, then it’s worth sending to Rolex, presumably under the 5-year warranty. If you are close to St James they used to be very helpful for drop in enquiries.

I have a BB58 that I wore more or less daily for 18 months and the same thing happened. Sorted eventually in 2 visits to my AD - first time it came back with very rough hand winding, second time it seems to be okay, although I’ve not worn it much recently

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think if it’s becoming noticeable to you, then it’s worth sending to Rolex, presumably under the 5-year warranty. If you are close to St James they used to be very helpful for drop in enquiries.
    I just did this myself with my Tudor…dropped off, serviced under warranty and delivered back to me in 10 days…and that included a bank holiday monday too so would definitely recommend giving it to them if the accuracy has dropped off, you won’t be without it too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just needs a bit of regulation by the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    It just needs a bit of regulation by the sound of it.
    Indeed - it’s running at a consistent -8s / day which is not the end of the world. If it was +8s I’d probably be fine with it!

I don’t think the MT5602 is a straightforward movement to regulate. Has anyone had an experience with it? Is it like the Omega co-axials that need a special tool?

Yeah, that’s further out from COSC than if it had been +8s.

If it’s in warranty, not sure I’d worry about the complexity of regulating or servicing…it would be going back to Tudor. For me, even outside warranty that kind of thing doesn’t really cross my mind as I’d just send it to the manufacturer.

Well I can live without it for a couple of weeks - just a bit poor considering the rave reviews I’ve read of this movement. Can anyone recommend a good AD near Essex?