closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How interchangeable are dials for ETA 2824 vs Miyota 9015?

Craftsman

How interchangeable are dials for ETA 2824 vs Miyota 9015?

Wanting to investigate options for a dial change on my Dagaz CAV-1 with Miyota 9015 movement. I realise that the hand fittings are different between the 2 movements, but what about the dial. Are the feet in the same position and if so are they roughly the same length? Dials for the 9015 are hard to come by and there are more aftermarket parts for the 2824, so curious. Thanks in advance for the input. Cheers.

Any dial size 28,5 / 29 mm wil fit, but you'd have to cut the feet and either relocate them or simply use dial dots to stick the dial to the movement.

If you take a look at f.e. Raffles Time, he's got various dials in this size (normally a drop in for ETA2824 or DG2813), but at least you've got a lot of choise.

Take a look at the specs at miyota
    8215 http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/..._8215_821A.pdf
    9015 http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/.../draw_9015.pdf

Craftsman
    Thanks very much for the input!

A slightly different question - is the 2824-2 a straight swap with the 9015 purely in terms of housing the movement in the case (excluding the dial and hands) please?

Both movements have the same width (26 mm), however the ETA is 4,7 mm high en the Miyota is 4,1 mm.

If the case (from the Miyota watch) doesn't have enough height, the rotor will move or get stuck against the case back.
    Also, the position of the stem is slightly different, which would mean the ETA stem wouldn't sit flush towards the hole were the crown is located.

In short.... better try a dial swap on the miyota.