closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Legit chrono24 seller?

Craftsman

Legit chrono24 seller?

I'm trying to google to find out any bad reports on this seller on Chrono24. I can't find any and they look legit to me.

http://www.ilnautilus.com/shop.asp (their website)

They have the watch I want, at a price I like. They're in Italy, am I ok getting it shipped (obviously insured etc) from there, as the only thing I have turned up on the net is that the Italian postal service can be unreliable.

Anyone who has conducted this sort of thing before please do share your thoughts/tips.

Thanks in advance.

I think the problems lie sending post into Italy not so much coming out, especially buying from a bricks and mortar shop who will have business insurance. Lots of good prices for watches in Italy on account if their economy being screwed. I would have no problems buying from a shop there.

Looks good to me. They have a website, a Facebook page with good reviews and a brick and mortar building.

Look at this info thread from an Italian watch forum: http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=55008838

Just run it through Google translate - I would buy with confidence from there.

Craftsman
    Thanks very much guys, much appreciated.

Rather nice platinum Daytona at €46000 - and yes I have heard of the company.
    Just make sure you are fully insured as most things that go wrong with the post in Italy
    happen that end. I always go for fedex when buying from there.

For anything over about £4k, what about Easyjet? Book yourself a weekend, pick it up in person?

Craftsman
    It's just any of £2k, I'd consider flights but I'm not sure it would work out cheaper than the £50 European postal charge.

Thanks for the tip of using FedEx.

The holiday option is a good one - especially as the shop looks interesting!!

FedEx cost a bit more but have never had a problem - touch wood.

Craftsman

Mixed experiences with Chrono24 in general

I bought a Sinn from a private seller on Chrono24, no problems whatsoever. Smooth as butter. The second time I bought a watch on chrono24, it was from a 'trusted' seller' - Mazzoni Pensator in Italy, and they basically cocked up the order, they had two similar looking watches for sale, but different sizes, one was a 1980s Hamilton GG-W-113 and the other a 1970 Hamilton FAPD Navigator that I purchased. They sent me the GG-W-113 (and claimed they sent my watch to the purchaser of the GG-W-113 although they could have been lying I don't know). They didn't seem willing to get my watch back from the other buyer - if indeed there was another buyer. I sent the watch back for a refund but they never gave me a refund. After 10 months of either ignoring me, claiming their paypal account was not working or palming me off, I eventually proposed they send me another watch and they agreed, but it wasn't really what I wanted (A Record WWW watch nice enough), but better than having my money stolen. I sold it 6 months later at a loss. Overall, these guys were total chancers. I complained to Chrono24, as I thought there would be a safety net, but they basically didn't read my emails properly and pretty much did nothing. I thought they could use some leverage on the seller about their 'trusted seller' status to 'encourage' them to resolve the matter (i.e. not to steal my money). So not relevant to the seller, but just because a seller is listed as 'trusted' doesn't seem to mean jack on Chrono24. It basically seems like an unregulated hustlers market.

As has been mentioned here on a number of occasions, Chrono24 is just an advertising web site. Anybody who wishes to advertise a watch may do so, and Chrono24 take no part in any subsequent transactions, so it's up to the buyer to do due diligence on the seller.

Their "Trusted Seller" status merely means that the seller has paid for this to be displayed beside their advertisement - Chrono24 will not get involved in any way if a transaction goes bad

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharing that, I had read that chrono24 offer no support if something goes wrong, so the old adage of 'buy the seller' applies.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had.

Seems worse than eBay. At least on eBay feedback can be left for sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plissk View Post
    I complained to Chrono24, as I thought there would be a safety net, but they basically didn't read my emails properly
    Did you try using paragraphs in your emails to them? It might have helped!
    only joking ;)
    Last edited by .olli.; 4th April 2014 at 16:06.

Bit of a hijack of this thread, but anyone dealt with a German dealer Ralf Haefnerr in Stutgartt? I have found him through chrono24, but it is a bricks and mortar shop rather than private seller, has a proper website etc.
    I have already have email correspondence - everything seems legit (and they give 1000 days warranty on all watches) - just wondered if they had been heard of here before?