closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC - can they do it???

Obviously a bad result for LFC fans today but still believing here. As 2011/12 season told us, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

PS: Mind your language, this is G&D. I would edit my posts if I were you.

I sincerely believe that unless there is a massive upset at a city game that they wont do it now. We were not expected to have achieved the title or even qualify for Europe but that will not hide the disappointment if it does not happen.

YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Obviously a bad result for LFC fans today but still believing here. As 2011/12 season told us, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

PS: Mind your language, this is G&D. I would edit my posts if I were you.
    Good shout
    Show me a City fan who is completely confident from here on in and I'll show you a liar.
    Aston Vanilla and West Ham at home would generally be a given , but this is City.
    I think that Chelsea will win tomorrow but Looneypool could well struggle at Palace on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaargh!
    Got to love the real footballing side of Liverpool and their fans.
    What does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Stick to the profanities!
    It's more your style :)

Stick to the profanities!
    It's more your style :)
    Good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyFB View Post
    Come on the Palace put The Stain out of their misery and save English Football from the shame of having them as champions with their racist cannibal up front.
    you mean the pfa player of the year as voted by his fellow pros?

Good lad

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyFB View Post
    Come on the Palace put The Stain out of their misery and save English Football from the shame of having them as champions with their racist cannibal up front.
    But your a Liverpool supporter aint you?

Good shout
    Show me a City fan who is completely confident from here on in and I'll show you a liar.
    Aston Vanilla and West Ham at home would generally be a given , but this is City.
    I think that Chelsea will win tomorrow but Looneypool could well struggle at Palace on Monday.
    We are Aston Villa sunshine.

Meanwhile, as it pertains to one of our fondly remembered managers, good to see Rafa Benitez win the Coppa Italia with Napoli tonight.

The guy wins trophies wherever he goes and obviously has a solid reputation in European competitions.

Personally, I rate him higher than Mourinho...a genuine master tactician and at least his teams actually attack too. Clearly he is an altogether different class of man as a person too. Acts with dignity and integrity...doesn't need to be said that Mourinho acts with neither.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Look what he did for Chelsea and they treated him like poo. Rafa is a class act IMHO.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abbs View Post
    Liverpool's now.

Cannot see them throwing it away in the run when it means so much to the club

Looks like I was wrong.
    Still,you never know,maybe another twist in the last 2 games?

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    ROSS BARKLEY!!!!

A Liverpool legend in the making?
    He turned it on yesterday the goal was something else certainly wasn't in the script, no doubt he's a class act and will probably be sold at some point , but i wouldn't fancy his life if he goes to the RS which i doubt very much anyway, so you'll just have to keep drooling.

Very strange atmosphere at goodison also yesterday especially after the goal ,when alot of the crowd realised ross may have handed the title to the RS ,although they seemed to cheer up a bit when city went 2 then 3-1 up ,personally i wanted spurs and man u to both win yesterday , mainly because i didn't fancy going into the europa league rather than anything else, but i can't say i was too disapointed with the result ,as for Liverpool fans nice to see them back to normal,and they call Everton bitter now they know how it felt in 85-86 .
    Last edited by the big fella; 4th May 2014 at 11:57.

Meanwhile, as it pertains to one of our fondly remembered managers, good to see Rafa Benitez win the Coppa Italia with Napoli tonight.

The guy wins trophies wherever he goes and obviously has a solid reputation in European competitions.

Personally, I rate him higher than Mourinho...a genuine master tactician and at least his teams actually attack too. Clearly he is an altogether different class of man as a person too. Acts with dignity and integrity...doesn't need to be said that Mourinho acts with neither.
    He always did well with us and will always be a hero for delivering the champions league. I remember shaking my head when he did his "facts" press conference when we were going for the title against United. From that moment, I knew SAF had got into his head.

He did well for Chelsea too and got treated shamefully. That club and Mourinho are equally classless and made for each other.

Fantastic

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys but ithink you have just popped your cork but credit Palace
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's still possible, but I really doubt it. We bottled it, dropping it at three up ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's like watching two separate teams - going forward they are devastating but defensively completely inept. In fact, if we'd had Palace's defence since Pulis arrived we'd have probably won the title. Liverpool couldn't keep on outscoring teams - it would catch up with them one day and they've ridden their luck in many games so far. I hope BR realises that he needs to buy far better players in defence than he has now - it's not the way they are playing, they're just not good enough.

It's definitely City's title now - no way in a million years can they lose two home games. Still, a very good season for Liverpool - CL football, a good budget for the summer, and their young players will be better next year as well.

Master
    Palace were brilliant - shame about that excuse for a footballer crying at the end. Grow up!!

and yes I know he's won all the awards but the seriously needs to look at himself - embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Palace were brilliant - shame about that excuse for a footballer crying at the end. Grow up!!

and yes I know he's won all the awards but the seriously needs to look at himself - embarrassment
    Palace were brilliant, were you watching the same game??, you mean they were okay the last 10 minutes because Liverpool struggle to defend as for calling Suarez an embarrassment, have a word with yourself lad, shows how much he wants to win and giving the title up like that has got to hurt :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat10 View Post
    Palace were brilliant, were you watching the same game??, you mean they were okay the last 10 minutes because Liverpool struggle to defend as for calling Suarez an embarrassment, have a word with yourself lad, shows how much he wants to win and giving the title up like that has got to hurt :(
    May hurt but he hasn't any thoughts other than his own. poor excuse for a human being- may hurt but no sympathy for him what so ever

Master
    Great game, Liverpool just needed someone with the composure to control the tempo when Palace began to fight back. Gung-ho often bites you in the ass.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Speechless....

How can such a one sided game end like that.

Cant fault Rodgers as mission accomplished and a season I never would have dreamed of, however def naive in the last few games and in sure he will learn from it all.

Title 99.9999% citys however the way this season has turned out you never know what the Villa or West Ham games might throw up!!

What a season!!!!

Ps - credit to Palace, they could have even nicked it at the death!

Blog Entries
    3-0 up and the title almost in the bag.... then this.

Unbelievable!!!

I wonder what odds you could of got for that result with 15 mins to go ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Think the entire transfer budget might as well be spent on defensive options.

Anybody really convinced by Sakho?? Not convinced he is better then Agger, have a feeling the Price tag factor is coming into play with him. Seems awkward on the ball and the early header was something even I would have buried. Imagine Agger will now look for a poss move - must have been a frustrating run in for him

Glen Johnson - going forward no problem but still not convinced defensively. Should of manned up for Palaces first goal instead of turning away.

Besides Palaces goals tonite there were some scary tika-taka passing at the back tonite which has occured all season.

Going to be an interesting transfer period this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    It's like watching two separate teams - going forward they are devastating but defensively completely inept. In fact, if we'd had Palace's defence since Pulis arrived we'd have probably won the title. Liverpool couldn't keep on outscoring teams - it would catch up with them one day and they've ridden their luck in many games so far. I hope BR realises that he needs to buy far better players in defence than he has now - it's not the way they are playing, they're just not good enough.

It's definitely City's title now - no way in a million years can they lose two home games. Still, a very good season for Liverpool - CL football, a good budget for the summer, and their young players will be better next year as well.

Agreed with the first para, matey but remember City only need to lose one game, not two and if Liverpool win their last , it's ours again whatever City do in their other game. Seeing how the Premiership has been this season, I don't discount anything, especially after tonight!

Have a club and its fans ever been so distraught to go back to the top of the table?!

Have LFC ever won anything in the past couple of decades the easy way?!

Call me a dreamer but I still believe and even put a bet on LFC to win the title earlier today - fifty quid at 3-1. If it's meant to be, it'll be and this one looks like it's been written like a script (like 2004/5 CL campaign).

Don't get me wrong, I was stunned and numb by watching tonight's match. They blew it. Don't deserve to win the league if you throw away a 3-0 advantage with 9 mins to go. The defending was shocking. It finally came back to haunt them....a lot of hard lessons for our manager and players in the past two weeks who have been collectively naive in certain situations. Experience learnt the very hardest way.

But now that the dust has settled after tonight's disaster, you still have to believe it's not over. Aston Villa or West Ham are more than capable of winning at City if they turn up to play.

YNWA.
    Last edited by scarto; 6th May 2014 at 00:02.

Master
    Indeed scarto, who knows city should win their last two easily but points on the board are better than games in hand and right now we are top of the league

i still believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I wonder what odds you could of got for that result with 15 mins to go ?
    I laid Liverpool at 1.01 on Betfair at 3-0. That's basically 99-1. Off to buy a Breitling Aerospace Evo today with the proceeds :)

What you've said is technically correct mate, but can you really see City losing either one of their last two games at home? It's a fortress there and only Chelsea have managed to win. Villa and West Ham don't have anything to play for except pride, and I'd be astounded if City didn't win very easily against both of them.

I think last night's defeat is a reflection of a lack of squad depth, defenders not defending, no leadership, and poor tactics/substitutions. The luck Liverpool have had with no injuries and only playing one game a week has masked their weak squad. The way they've blitzed teams has also covered up their suicidal defending. They remind me of the greatest team never to win a World Cup - Brazil in 1982, who had the best midfield/attacking players I've ever seen but didn't bother with defence, and got caught out vs Italy who were well organised and disciplined.

What worries me is that Rogers bought some duds in the summer and might do so again. Does he recognise that the defence is poor? He's had months now to see that Liverpool concede goals but hasn't changed the way they play. Maybe the fact that the team kept on winning clouded his mind, because everyone could see that sooner or later it would come back to haunt them.

Why can't managers see what the fans are seeing?!

Agreed with the first para, matey but remember City only need to lose one game, not two and if Liverpool win their last , it's ours again whatever City do in their other game. Seeing how the Premiership has been this season, I don't discount anything, especially after tonight!

Have a club and its fans ever been so distraught to go back to the top of the table?!

Have LFC ever won anything in the past couple of decades the easy way?!

Call me a dreamer but I still believe and even put a bet on LFC to win the title earlier today - fifty quid at 3-1. If it's meant to be, it'll be and this one looks like it's been written like a script (like 2004/5 CL campaign).

Don't get me wrong, I was stunned and numb by watching tonight's match. They blew it. Don't deserve to win the league if you throw away a 3-0 advantage with 9 mins to go. The defending was shocking. It finally came back to haunt them....a lot of hard lessons for our manager and players in the past two weeks who have been collectively naive in certain situations. Experience learnt the very hardest way.

But now that the dust has settled after tonight's disaster, you still have to believe it's not over. Aston Villa or West Ham are more than capable of winning at City if they turn up to play.

YNWA.

What you've said is technically correct mate, but can you really see City losing either one of their last two games at home? It's a fortress there and only Chelsea have managed to win. Villa and West Ham don't have anything to play for except pride, and I'd be astounded if City didn't win very easily against both of them.

I think last night's defeat is a reflection of a lack of squad depth, defenders not defending, no leadership, and poor tactics/substitutions. The luck Liverpool have had with no injuries and only playing one game a week has masked their weak squad. The way they've blitzed teams has also covered up their suicidal defending. They remind me of the greatest team never to win a World Cup - Brazil in 1982, who had the best midfield/attacking players I've ever seen but didn't bother with defence, and got caught out vs Italy who were well organised and disciplined.

What worries me is that Rogers bought some duds in the summer and might do so again. Does he recognise that the defence is poor? He's had months now to see that Liverpool concede goals but hasn't changed the way they play. Maybe the fact that the team kept on winning clouded his mind, because everyone could see that sooner or later it would come back to haunt them.

Why can't managers see what the fans are seeing?!
    Oh I think judging by his post-match quotes he has realised work has to be done on the defence and players need to be brought in if he didn't know it already. BR is a smart guy and he knows our defenders aren't organised enough but was probably hoping we'd scrape through a title win doing what we're doing and then see what to do in the Summer (How about bring back Carra as a mentor or Sami Hyypia is free - perhaps bring in a defensive coach?).

What happened last night was not the manager's fault (leaving aside some questionable substitutions perhaps). The defence did not organise itself and did not manage the game at all. It needed a leader and someone who would push the back line up - I can't imagine what happened happening if Carragher was still playing.

You know even at 3-0 up I wasn't comfortable - the atmosphere and our knack of letting in lots of goals this season made me think something bad could still happen. I just didn't actually think it would seeing as there were about ten minutes left.

You just cannot say in football so Aston Villa or West Ham could still upset what seems to me some already -celebrating City players (Tweeting after the match) - I think they could revel in being party poopers after seeing what Crystal Palace did last night. Who knows, LFC winning last night could have galvanised City even more. This could see them taking their eye off the ball.

I'm nothing if not an optimist.

Will be interesting next season for sure.
    Chelsea will strengthen, Arsenal could be a formidable opponent with a couple of additions, United will surely be back. Not that this season has been poor of course!

I get a funny feeling about West Ham at the Etihad you know.
    City go a goal down and then pressure kicks in. Let's see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Will be interesting next season for sure.
    Chelsea will strengthen, Arsenal could be a formidable opponent with a couple of additions, United will surely be back. Not that this season has been poor of course!

I get a funny feeling about West Ham at the Etihad you know.
    City go a goal down and then pressure kicks in. Let's see.
    Chelsea will see an exodus Torres, Ba Eto, David Luiz and Hazard will IMO all go for various reasons the last two mostly financial and we will see at least one but probably two decent strikers a toughening up at the back possibly/hopefully Shaw plus a little new blood in the midfield. Wenger is already saying that he is not looking to spend ( another season of top four, CL and keeping the money men happy)and really do hope you loose the Cup. United ? a strange one to call will the new manager be able to attract top players without CL? LFC have a huge learning curve coming up with CL football on the agenda and MC will continue to roll on.
    Bloody Summer break looking forward to the new season already

I thought brendon rogers said anyone can defend, and it was easy :D.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Chelsea will see an exodus Torres, Ba Eto, David Luiz and Hazard will IMO all go for various reasons the last two mostly financial and we will see at least one but probably two decent strikers a toughening up at the back possibly/hopefully Shaw plus a little new blood in the midfield. Wenger is already saying that he is not looking to spend ( another season of top four, CL and keeping the money men happy)and really do hope you loose the Cup. United ? a strange one to call will the new manager be able to attract top players without CL? LFC have a huge learning curve coming up with CL football on the agenda and MC will continue to roll on.
    Bloody Summer break looking forward to the new season already
    When did Wenger say he wasn't going to spend? In the interview I saw he said he was looking for 2 to 3 players plus replacements for any that left.

Craftsman
    Everyone will spend.

Still think this was Liverpool's best chance of winning the PL,what with new managers elsewhere and no Euro football at Anfield.Of course they will strengthen but so will everyone else..Chelsea will buy a striker or two,city will add a decent defender,and Arsenal had injury problems when on a good run,add some cover and who knows.Even Utd,tho no chance of winning the PL anytime soon,will surely be a better bet at grabbing a top 4 spot next season,if reports of the cash to spend is correct.
    Also if Spurs bring in a decent manager and Everton kick on its going to be even tighter next season.

Not saying they wont mount another challenge but at this stage cant see past Chelsea or City winning the title next season.

Everyone will spend.

Still think this was Liverpool's best chance of winning the PL,what with new managers elsewhere and no Euro football at Anfield.Of course they will strengthen but so will everyone else..Chelsea will buy a striker or two,city will add a decent defender,and Arsenal had injury problems when on a good run,add some cover and who knows.Even Utd,tho no chance of winning the PL anytime soon,will surely be a better bet at grabbing a top 4 spot next season,if reports of the cash to spend is correct.
    Also if Spurs bring in a decent manager and Everton kick on its going to be even tighter next season.

Not saying they wont mount another challenge but at this stage cant see past Chelsea or City winning the title next season.
    This was not Liverpool's best chance to win the PL:

We started the season as outsiders to qualify for the Champions League
    We failed to sign any of our top targets in the summer such as Costa, Willian, Mkhitaryan and Eriksen
    We have not had any of our summer signings really add to the quality of the team (even Sakho and Migs are hard to claim as a significant upgrade on Agger and Reina)
    We have a relatively young and small squad compared to the other five teams most people thought would be above us
    We have a young and inexperienced manager, into his 6th year with a promotion to the Premier League with Swansea the highlight
    We have had significant periods of the season with the likes of Suarez, Sturridge, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Agger, Sakho and many more unavailable (through injury in the main and some bad stupidity)

In spite of this we have taken the league to the wire. Not denying other squads have had issues too, but it is hardly the night and day some people are claiming is responsible for our challenge. This is the first year that the hard work of Rodgers, his backroom, the players and FSG have started to bare fruit, not a final role of the dice. Our squad is young, hungry and improving, as is the manager. We are also now in a much better position to add the 2-3 quality players we need come the summer. On top of that the depth we need for the extra few games is arguably well represented though the youth coming up and out on loan (Borini, Suso, Wisdom, Ilori and Robinson for instance).

Liverpool will have another go next season and the Premier League will continue to get tighter at the top with FFP kicking in. If we don't win then so be it, but City and Chelsea aren't going to walk it and I don't think we will be the only team pushing them.
    Last edited by sibeer; 6th May 2014 at 15:39.

Great post.

I don't agree that if we don't win this year then it will be harder to win for many years to come. BR is a young manager and his inexperience shows, sometimes with tactics (e.g. against Chelsea where Mourinho is a past master at winning against teams with flair), sometimes with formations, and of course, buying substandard players. To be fair, that's probably because Liverpool were not in any European competitions, especially the CL, so it was much harder to attract quality players. This time there is no excuse - they need to identify the right type of player and make sure they get him. No more pussyfooting around with low bids.

The younger players like Sterling, Coutinho and Flanagan will be stronger and hungrier. Sturridge will be better too. Ilori needs to make an appearance. There is also Ibe and Texeira to come in - two players arguably with the potential to be as good as Sterling.

As I said, Liverpool punched above their weight this year due to good fortune with injuries, no cup or European competition, and basically a fearless attitude that they would outscore any team, which they almost managed to do.

The target was to get as close to that 4th CL place as possible. To go from 7th last year to 2nd/3rd this year is unbelievable. CL = mission accomplished.

All the big boys will be strengthening but so will Liverpool. Considering how light their squad is and what they've achieved this year, the future does look bright.

Quote Originally Posted by sibeer View Post
    This was not Liverpool's best chance to win the PL:

We started the season as outsiders to qualify for the Champions League
    We failed to sign any of our top targets in the summer such as Costa, Willian, Mkhitaryan and Eriksen
    We have not had any of our summer signings really add to the quality of the team (even Sakho and Migs are hard to claim as a significant upgrade on Agger and Reina)
    We have a relatively young and small squad compared to the other five teams most people thought would be above us
    We have a young and inexperienced manager, into his 6th year with a promotion to the Premier League with Swansea the highlight
    We have had significant periods of the season with the likes of Suarez, Sturridge, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Agger, Sakho and many more unavailable (through injury in the main and some bad stupidity)

In spite of this we have taken the league to the wire. Not denying other squads have had issues too, but it is hardly the night and day some people are claiming is responsible for our challenge. This is the first year that the hard work of Rodgers, his backroom, the players and FSG have started to bare fruit, not a final role of the dice. Our squad is young, hungry and improving, as is the manager. We are also now in a much better position to add the 2-3 quality players we need come the summer. On top of that the depth we need for the extra few games is arguably well represented though the youth coming up and out on loan (Borini, Suso, Wisdom, Ilori and Robinson for instance).

Liverpool will have another go next season and the Premier League will continue to get tighter at the top with FFP kicking in. If we don't win then so be it, but City and Chelsea aren't going to walk it and I don't think we will be the only team pushing them.

I find it hilarious, the way some LFC fans were jumping around weeks ago thinking they have won the league already just shows how naive they are!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring you all with the same brush, but you cannot write off City or Chelsea with 5-6 games to go!

The whole media has pushed LFC all season, the team they invested so heavily in years ago have started to play well again and $ky etc jumped on the bandwagon which hasn't helped things one bit.

Look at last night, the media saying the Liverpool players are tired, it's been a long season blah blah blah....... City have played 16 or so more games for crying out loud!

Since Xmas they have played every 7 or so days in a league where the other teams fighting for the title have had injury problems etc, this will not happen again now you have CL football so in my opinion it is the best chance they have to win the PL!

I've supported City for over 30 years, Liverpool can still win it as we usually drop a bollock at times like this, it is by no means over yet but IMHO it was your best chance and it won't come this easy again for a while!

Even as a City fan I'm delighted to see Liverpool's resurgence this season, it's been great for the Premier League.

Brendan Rodgers has done a magnificent job this season and whether they do win the league or not he surely deserves manager of the season. The only talk of Suarez this season has been about his football which has been spectacular (although Toure for City has been on a par in terms of contribution to their respective team). Now that they've got Champions League football they should be able to attract a few more quality players that will bolster their defence and make them more formidable in future seasons (although Gerrard can't go on forever and it will interesting to see the impact his eventual retirement will have on the team)

Any long term City fans will know the clubs ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and the League title is not over yet. Pellegrini's job will be to make sure City don't take their foot off the pedal for the next 180 minutes at home. You only have to go back to QPR two seasons ago! Play like they did in the last 20 minutes against Everton on Saturday and anythings possible.

I think if you was to ask any Liverpool fan about this season I'm sure they would tell you its been a great success. The media got on board because we played exiting football that was entertaining to watch. We also ran the 2 of the richest clubs in Europe close to winning the league. As for being tired i can't remember too much moaning from Liverpool players when they won the 5 European cups. All pro footballers should be able to play 2 or 3 games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by comdiver View Post
    I think if you was to ask any Liverpool fan about this season I'm sure they would tell you its been a great success. The media got on board because we played exiting football that was entertaining to watch. We also ran the 2 of the richest clubs in Europe close to winning the league. As for being tired i can't remember too much moaning from Liverpool players when they won the 5 European cups. All pro footballers should be able to play 2 or 3 games a week.
    No, scousers never moan.

He sounds just like Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    We are Aston Villa sunshine.
    Apologies,
    I will look forward to playing Aston Villa sunshine fc tomorrow night.

I've been looking for where City's players are "celebrating" on Twitter but can't find it, only a couple of quotes congratulating Palace or geeing up their teammates. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me?

Pessimistic me has had a few quid on Liverpool at 8-1 which will cover the season ticket cost for next year.
    Optimistic me is looking forward to the post game celebration at the weekend.

Whatever the outcome, it's been a hoot.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    No, scousers never moan.
    No but we have had a pretty big list of excuses why its gone tits up already posted. Injuries,not getting targeted players,new(ish) manager,poor signings.Thats pretty much every team has some if not all of that list in the PL ,right?

No but we have had a pretty big list of excuses why its gone tits up already posted. Injuries,not getting targeted players,new(ish) manager,poor signings.Thats pretty much every team has some if not all of that list in the PL ,right?
    If you mean my post, that was a list of reasons I don't believe it wasn't our best ever opportunity (i.e. things I think will improve going forward) and was in response to that suggestion, not the fact our season has gone bandit. I am in complete acceptance that we have blown it from a dominant position and should have done better in the games against Chelsea and Palace (and many other over the season). Every team can excuse most of their failings on an individual basis, however our overall defensive frailty (whilst justifiable) is not excusable if we want to win. I am still made up that we have on the whole over-performed this year, along with the likes of Everton, Southampton, Stoke, Palace and Hull. Man City and Chelsea are about were they should be, Arsenal have been unlucky (though the same bad luck keeps happening) and the Mancs and Spurs have been subpar IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Look at last night, the media saying the Liverpool players are tired, it's been a long season blah blah blah....... City have played 16 or so more games for crying out loud!
    Have to say, I don't think the players are tired, I think the issue would better be described as a lack of faith in the bench to cover players not being match fit. Suarez was clearly ill and Glen ran his socks of and looked one of the best on the pitch for 60 mins, then his legs went. City's current squad is epic, every week there are top class players not even making the bench. They must have missed a top central defender they thought was nailed on during the summer as that is the only reason they would leave such an obvious gap compared to the rest of the squad. You will sort that, but I think all this FFP noise is going to stop you doing the annual kid in a sweet shop impression.

Great post.

The younger players like Sterling, Coutinho and Flanagan will be stronger and hungrier. Sturridge will be better too. Ilori needs to make an appearance. There is also Ibe and Texeira to come in - two players arguably with the potential to be as good as Sterling.
    Ibe and Texeira look like they could easily make the grade, not quite sure either of them have shown the level of potential of Sterling did from his arrival though. My only worry with that lad was whether he would work just hard enough to be a top player or go the extra mile to be world class. After a spell on the sidelines he seems to be going the direction that fans were hoping. There is some real quality coming through at the moment, though there was in the Benitez years and we didn't do very well at bringing them on. The worry is we will probably only see a few of them stick at Liverpool long enough to become a first team fixture. The number of loans we currently have out suggests we are learning from how Chelsea have managed having such an array of young potential, just need to continue to do a better job of giving them the opportunity at the end of it. I mean you could do something stupid like paying £50m for Torres then selling Sturridge to a rival for £12m.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    He sounds just like Brenda
    Im sorry but I'm not in your clique so i don't know what you mean

Blog Entries
    No
    Just seen MC deliver and I am sorry LFC but you blew it as did my club CFC

Credit to Gus Poyet and Sunderland as well simply amazing.

West Ham to beat City on Sunday? Doubt it TBH but you can dream

YNWA