closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: £950 can buy you...

Master

£950 can buy you...

A nice watch. Or a 4.4-litre V8 wrapped up in an E39 5 Series with 118k miles, lashings of wood and aubergine leather

Craftsman
    I would rather the watch

Or a beautiful LS400, V8, 4 litres and will go on for ever! I've had the bmw and still got the Lexus.

That's a lot of car.
    It's just a matter of time...

Whilst I don't disagree it's an awful amount of car for the money, I would never ever buy anything with that engine in it. When these engines were new we could turn the tick over down to almost 300 rpm and they were one of the smoothest I've ever worked on BUT my experience of these 10 yrs down the line is normally pretty bad. 108k, wouldn't touch it with a very long barge pole.

FFF

Master
    Amazing what £950 can get you in terms of a car!

I bought my LS400 with 159k on the clock and it is still brilliant. Had it 18 months and only paid out on brake pads and servicing so far (plus some bonnet struts and a new aerial rod that I fixed myself ).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Whilst I don't disagree it's an awful amount of car for the money, I would never ever buy anything with that engine in it. When these engines were new we could turn the tick over down to almost 300 rpm and they were one of the smoothest I've ever worked on BUT my experience of these 10 yrs down the line is normally pretty bad. 108k, wouldn't touch it with a very long barge pole.

FFF
    Well the one in my 840Ci was fine at 130k and this one is pretty darn healthy right now :) (touch wood)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Or a beautiful LS400, V8, 4 litres and will go on for ever! I've had the bmw and still got the Lexus.
    I'm the editor of Performance BMW and have spent 10 years writing about BMWs so have well and truly sold my soul to the blue and white roundel :) I do like the LS but this shall make a fine project on the magazine.

£950 can buy you...

Are you going to run it Seb or stick to the one series?

SWMBO shredded one of the tyres I bought from you and cracked the alloy; there's some nasty potholes round here!

She prefers the ride on the smaller wheels and higher profile tyres and doesn't want me to put the original wheels back on! Lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Are you going to run it Seb or stick to the one series?

SWMBO shredded one of the tyres I bought from you and cracked the alloy; there's some nasty potholes round here!

She prefers the ride on the smaller wheels and higher profile tyres and doesn't want me to put the original wheels back on! Lol
    1 Series is the daily, this is currently being driven to and from workshops and various other places as the project slowly begins to gather steam but once I have the wheels, brakes and exhaust sorted I shall be enjoying it a lot more

Sorry to hear about the wheel and tyre, the roads are really bad at the moment it seems! Glad she likes the ride though!

Craftsman
    Serious car for the money.