closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thought I'd take the time to say Hello : )

Thought I'd take the time to say Hello : )

Hi All,

Well I have been registered on here for maybe a couple of weeks now and have enjoyed reading the threads and drooling over pictures of beautiful timepieces!

I have always admired fine pieces of engineering, from motorbikes to cars, tools to whatever, and watches are a part of that man made world, and isn't it amazing what can be produced!

I started off with a Timex for my fourth birthday, always coverted my dads red LED watch where you had to press the button to see the time. Had a digital watch with a radio during my early teens (pre walkmanish time).

When I had my first job after school bought a seiko kinetic diver which I still have and wore for many years.

I now flit between a 45mm Omega Planet Ocean and a 42mm Seiko military style chrono depending on what I'm up to.

I have also got a vintage Omega Seamaster and a CWC '89 issued G10 but sadly they are both too small for my wrist.

So thanks Eddie and all for generating such a great forum, and I'll apologise in advance if I ask daft questions.

Cheers

Rich

Welcome
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Hello and welcome

Craftsman
    Welcome & I'm impressed that you could remember your first watch as I have no idea what mine was!!

Welcome on board!

Welcome! You have a nice collection there. Are you going to swap out the ones that don't really fit for something new instead? If so, what is on your wishlist here?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCarrera View Post
    Welcome & I'm impressed that you could remember your first watch as I have no idea what mine was!!
    I remember it well, even which bedroom I was in in my Nan's house when I got it. I can also remember spending a bit of time going to sleep with it under my ear so I could hear it ticking! I'll post a picture of it up when I find it next : )

Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    Welcome! You have a nice collection there. Are you going to swap out the ones that don't really fit for something new instead? If so, what is on your wishlist here?
    Yes I will swap the small ones out. I'd keep them for my sons but can't imagine they'll be much smaller than me! I've been lost in a world of the pilots watches after finding this thread

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...e-fliegeruhren

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrich View Post
    I remember it well, even which bedroom I was in in my Nan's house when I got it. I can also remember spending a bit of time going to sleep with it under my ear so I could hear it ticking! I'll post a picture of it up when I find it next : )
    A picture of your ear ? ;)

Craftsman
    Welcome, and I remember my first watch too, a gold plated Tissot, and a very flimsy leather black strap. Long since died a death sadly.

Ah the timex got you too. Welcome to the forum

I remember my first watch too.. If was ant Ingersol. I was about 11 or 12 I suppose. Unfortunately I don't still have it.

Welcome to the madhouse!

My first was a Casio calculator watch. It cost £10 and I saved up for it with my pocket money which at the time was 50p a week. I still remember going the the shop to buy it, it was called Tic-Toc on Percy Street in Newcastle. I'm pretty sure I was around 10 years old.

And there are no daft questions here....just loads of daft people!

I have learned to appreciate the CWC G10 to the point where I love mine now. When I first got one I sold it straight away thinking I'd never wear it because of its size. Why not commit to wearing it on a nato you really like for a whole week and see how you feel before selling it? Here's mine:

David

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse!

My first was a Casio calculator watch. It cost £10 and I saved up for it with my pocket money which at the time was 50p a week. I still remember going the the shop to buy it, it was called Tic-Toc on Percy Street in Newcastle. I'm pretty sure I was around 10 years old.

And there are no daft questions here....just loads of daft people!

I have learned to appreciate the CWC G10 to the point where I love mine now. When I first got one I sold it straight away thinking I'd never wear it because of its size. Why not commit to wearing it on a nato you really like for a whole week and see how you feel before selling it? Here's mine:

David
    Thanks David,

I think I'll take your advice on that front. I might order another strap from here too, I measured the strap at 18 mm so will go with that unless anyone spots a mistake :)

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrich View Post
    Thanks David,

I think I'll take your advice on that front. I might order another strap from here too, I measured the strap at 18 mm so will go with that unless anyone spots a mistake :)

Rich
    Yep 18mm is the way to go. The lugs are 19mm but they were issued with 18mm straps so it's forces-chic to show some bar!

Welcome to the forum!

Craftsman
    Hi - welcome to a wonderful forum full of the most friendly and helpful guys and gals.

My first watch was a Smiths Pocket Watch so you can tell how old I am from that - I was over the moon with it - it was a Christmas present.

Can't remember what happened to it.

First wrist watch was a Timex.

Enjoy your hobby.

Trevor