closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Isofrane Thoughts

Isofrane Thoughts

Just treated myself to an orange Isofrane with the beadblasted Inox buckle for my DNGMT for my trip to Vegas in April.

I'm gonna come right out and say it - I honestly don't get what the fuss is about.

Can't really fault the quality but I find it stiff (certainly not soft as claimed by them) and the way the buckle lies creates a big gap between itself and the wrist.

Do these 'wear in' maybe?

It does look very nice though, I have to say that.

Pics later.

Martin.

I've never found them to be stiff, usually quite soft and supple straight out the box. They do, however, start to mould to your wrist and create a gentle curve. I can see how the buckle is slightly annoying though - sturdy and secure doesn't naturally translate to comfort I guess.

I hope it's not a bad (stiff) batch but you could always try rolling it up and leave it tied in an elastic band overnight to see if it helps.

You have to wear it a bit, and you'll see for yourself they are great. At first, yes, it stays a bit "loose" on your wrist, but this is for 3-4 days.

I recently bought a green one from Mr.A for my Anonimo. It's looks great and is extremely comfortable.

I'm thinking about an Isofrane.

Can anyone tell me if they are dust magnets?
    I've had a few different rubber straps in the past that can't go for an hour without being covered in dust, fluff and other assorted crap!

Do these stay nice and clean?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    Do these stay nice and clean?
    Yes.

Definitely doesn't attract dust.

My tentative courtship with the 22mm Orange continues. Had to tighten the buckle screw as it was really loose BUT the strap IS becoming more comfortable.

Also, I've noticed, wearing it at work, it's picking up dark marks on the keepers where I rest on papers on my desk.

Martin.

I didn't find it stiff but I did find the keepers a right PINA and the buckle was too big and really sharp. In fact I'd only had it on for half an hour and it scratched my then 2 year old so I sent it back to them for a refund.

Wouldn't buy a new one again but might pick one up from SC at a good price in the future.

David

Wearing one today on my U1.

I have a black and an orange and had a blue.

I like them; comfortable feel with lots of holes for adjusting.

I wore one on my Omega a while back. It's a great strap. I didn't find it too hard, it was just right.

ismaaeel

Journeyman
    You have to think of rubber straps with vents and corrugations as being like a multi pointed clamp. If the points that make contact with your wrist are in the comfortable places then you will like the strap. However, if one point of contact is in the wrong place then you won't like it.

Of course you will never know this until you try one on with your watch.

I have a black 20mm and a green 22mm. Both are soft, really comfortable and a pleasure to wear.

Grand Master
    Damn keepers are fiddly.