closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Diplomat Pen Bargains

Diplomat Pen Bargains

These are very well regarded German pens. The Excellence A fountain pens typically sell for £120-140. The cheapest I could find was the chrome (non Guilloch) on Amaxon for £67. FX have the Guilloch version for £48. I've been through a lot of pens recently and these are easily the best in the sub £150 range.
    http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/refine/-/1/2
    Last edited by bonzo697; 8th February 2014 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    These are very well regarded German pens. The Excellence A fountain pens typically sell for £120-140. The cheapest I could find was the chrome (non Guilloch) on Amaxon for £67. FX have the Guilloch version for £48. I've been through a lot of pens recently and these are easily the best in the sub £150 range.
    http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/refine/-/1/2

Don't think that link works ............

You just need to click on the search button.
    It's just a matter of time...

It works for me. Just type Diplomat into the searchbar otherwise.

Ah yes, that's me being lazy!

Master
    those look like a right bargain. im tempted by the black fountain pen with steel lid, i just worry that fountain pens arent very pocket friendly (as in, likely to leak) and i dont have a desk to sit at with it so it may be a bit of an overkill for scratching notes in to a notebook.

A friend of mine has standardized on Diplomats. I can't recall the model, but he has been extremely happy with those. And he really can write, unlike myself. Perhaps Diplomat keyboards will be available some day.

cheers for this, just ordered one, was looking for a new fountain pen.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Ordered a chrome Guilloch - I've been searching for a decent pen (at a decent price) that took standard cartridges and this fits the bill.

As a slight aside, weird combination of products on the FFX site - construction and DIY stuff mainly but then some high end pens!?

Craftsman
    The pricing looks very odd, £1,348 for a ballpoint. Is it just the out of stock items that have silly prices?

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Losenotaminute View Post
    The pricing looks very odd, £1,348 for a ballpoint. Is it just the out of stock items that have silly prices?

Lawrence
    Probably even montblanc arent that priced. I guess if some did order for £1,348 the profit margin would be worth them trying to source one!

I originally found the site last year when I was looking for torches. I've no idea why they're selling pens, but the fact they're primarily a building supplier probably explains their low prices. £1348 indicates the item is out of stock.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 9th February 2014 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Losenotaminute View Post

Lawrence
    I assume it's to stop people ordering out of stock items.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Ordered a chrome Guilloch - I've been searching for a decent pen (at a decent price) that took standard cartridges and this fits the bill.

As a slight aside, weird combination of products on the FFX site - construction and DIY stuff mainly but then some high end pens!?
    Cheers for the hears up - I've ordered one too. While I decide where to get my MB serviced, as the ink isn't flowing anymore :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Just thought sod it, and bought the black with metal cap version for 48 knicker. will report back my findings.

Thanks for the heads up about this.
    We've been looking for a nice pen for my girlfriends, dads birthday.
    Gone for one of the Ballpoints rather than a fountain pen for him, but still, Just the job.

Cheers

Master
    mine arrived during the week and i really like it. The presentation is quite nice, it comes in an aluminium sleeve and include a couple of cartridges and a piston filler.

I bought some Onyx Black Diamine ink to use with it and it is very nice. i wish i had something worth writing down now!

Just a heads up for the fountain pens though, asked for fine nib but none in stock. Looks like they only keep the standard medium nibs.