closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-50 specs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Ah well, it's the German watch industry holidays and a manufacturing policy of "We'll do what we want when we feel like doing it".

Eddie
    It really does make you wonder sometimes where the reputation for Germanic efficiency comes from, doesn't it? :lol:
    Once they decide to work on your project, they are very efficiënt...

I've had to deal with Germans in the past....

Still hoping they will make those darn dials fast now!!!

Eddie, don't you allready have a pre-production model you can show us???

I did have a pre-production version Bernard but it didn't have the "No-Radiations" dial and I've returned it for the new dial to be fitted (when it arrives :evil: ).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I did have a pre-production version Bernard but it didn't have the "No-Radiations" dial and I've returned it for the new dial to be fitted (when it arrives :evil: ).

Eddie
    So that means that the "No-Radiations" dial is definitely being used, then? :)

Actually, which was the final dial design used, Eddie? Is it the one with the diamond at 12? (He asks hopefully...)
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    I only hope it will come before my birthday which is the 29th of October (I'm trying to be patient but like most of you, I'm looking at the forum at least once a day :wink: ).
    Good to hear the dial will be the 'No Radiations' :)

Benoît

I want radiation :(

Eddie
    Do you have pictures of that pre-prod. version?

Would be nice to see the case, lugs, crystal and bezel on a photo instead of a drawing! (Will ignore the dial ;))

No.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

No.

Eddie
    :lol:

Aren't the original pics from Eddie at the top of the thread?
    Dave E

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB
    I want radiation :(
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah well, it's the German watch industry holidays and a manufacturing policy of "We'll do what we want when we feel like doing it".

Eddie

Eddie
    Perhaps I can stop checking every hour and get some work done then.

At least for the next couple weeks that is...

Master
    This is cool - I was convinced that it was not going to have the 'No Radiation' dial - very pleased that it will have!!!

Roll on delivery...

8)

Master
    can't wait.... the 50 is next right

Can't wait...

I'm hoping the '50 will be something of a marriage between these. Also, I'm really hoping for silver hands (the description gives "Hands like on the early Blancpain models")

(pics borrowed from various authors)

Because everybody wants something different, I've decided to go with the Domino Pizza logo, just like Rolex.

Eddie

Because everybody wants something different, I've decided to go with the Domino Pizza logo, just like Rolex.

Eddie
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The father of a good friend of mine had one of those given to him as a gift by Domino's for the performance of his franchises.

Master
    I was thinking you could make a logo from this for the guys that like the pannie but hate the Italian

Wandering about the forum this evening killing time while waiting for my daughter's next feed (must go and put the bottle on to heat up after I finish typing this) and I realised how much I was looking forward to this one!

Just spent some time reading the relevant threads and following up on the pictures of 50Fathoms. Glad to have made it onto the LE list!
    Dave E

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    ... Glad to have made it onto the LE list!
    Ditto. :thumbup:

I've already got my pennies saved. :D

Journeyman

prs 50 waiting list

Haven't posted too much about HOW BAD(!!!!) I want one on these watches, but have been following this thread regularly...and, if i have read correctly, now that Dean in Canuckistan( God I love that name being a pure blooded "hoser" myself) is on the confirmed list....this means that, assuming the back up list on page 6 of this thread is correct, I'm next in line!!!

....which undoubtedly means ....

It's never gonna happen, I just don't have that kind of luck!!!

So no doubt i will be left PRS 50-less :cry:

Why Am I so defeatist about my possibility of actually getting one of these awesome watches you may ask?...expect the worst, and you won't be as let down....and it also makes any possible surprises that come that much sweeter!!!! :D

I hope it happens, but if not I guess I'll live....

loving the suspense in the meantime!!!

All the best to you all,

John :D :wink:

Journeyman
    I'm not trying to stir anything up or "wind" you up but what's the allure of this LE watch?

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldF
    I'm not trying to stir anything up or "wind" you up but what's the allure of this LE watch?
    1. It's an LE, and thus inherently more valuable than the standard edition :D

2. It comes with a new-old-stock movement not the usual ETA 2824

3. It'll be here first

4. You can be reasonably sure it'll be made

If you're willing to wait, are willing to go without due to there being insufficient demand to produce the non-limited edition, and could care less about the movement and the fact that you one one of 100, you would be just as well off not being on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean in Canuckistan

If you're willing to wait, are willing to go without due to there being insufficient demand to produce the non-limited edition, and could care less about the movement and the fact that you one one of 100, you would be just as well off not being on the list.
    Please, this is a 1 in 50 deal 8)
    Dave E

Master
    More importantly - it's the same movement as in the original Fifty Fanthoms :D

Quote Originally Posted by MichaF
    More importantly - it's the same movement as in the original Fifty Fanthoms :D
    Several movements were fitted throughout the years but the AS2063 was fitted to those produced in 1975.

Eddie

And to emphasise the importance of the FF-model:

The Rolex Submariner was made after the FF, the FF heavily influenced the design of the Submariner.

Hence, this is the forerunner of the dive watch as we know it nowadays.

I'd say that's pushing it a bit. Both watches were developed around the same time, but the BP50 was first to market.

Craftsman
    Blancpain FF and Rolex Submariner were base on same specification write by Robert (Bob) Maloubier (French Officer of the Combat diver)

But the first modern dive in 1953 that Blancpain

Dynamo

[quote=Dave E]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dean in Canuckistan":2q0pz1rj

Please, this is a 1 in 50 deal 8)[/quote:2q0pz1rj]

You'd think I'd remember that, being on the list and all.

I suppose the German holidays are over by now?

I hope they'll finish those dials one of these days!

I only know what they tell me and I'm certain that what they tell me is whatever they think will get me off their backs for a week or two, not necessarily what's happening.

Eddie

I only know what they tell me and I'm certain that what they tell me is whatever they think will get me off their backs for a week or two, not necessarily what's happening.

Eddie
    I suppose some things are the same, all around the globe ;)

Master
    well it is tough with most of the staf at fricker dedicated to producing DN knockoffs

I chased up the dial yesterday and have to own up to getting a bit rattled on the telephone Getting information is like drawing teeth but finally I think I got some truth.

When I specified the dial, I asked for "aged lume", which I thought would go well with the watch. They agreed that it was possible and nobody said it would be a problem. WRONG! The aged lume from Luminova has to be prepared by hand and costs US$4500 per 100 grammes. They didn't buy it and embarked on a (fruitless) search for another supplier but never mentioned anything to me.

So here we are, 3 months late and only now do I discover that aged lume is a problem. The dial will now have Super Luminova C3 and should be here PDQ.

Eddie

I chased up the dial yesterday and have to own up to getting a bit rattled on the telephone Getting information is like drawing teeth but finally I think I got some truth.

When I specified the dial, I asked for "aged lume", which I thought would go well with the watch. They agreed that it was possible and nobody said it would be a problem. WRONG! The aged lume from Luminova has to be prepared by hand and costs US$4500 per 100 grammes. They didn't buy it and embarked on a (fruitless) search for another supplier but never mentioned anything to me.

So here we are, 3 months late and only now do I discover that aged lume is a problem. The dial will now have Super Luminova C3 and should be here PDQ.

Eddie
    ARRRRRRGGGH. I hate suppliers why can't they tell you facts as soon as they know? Drives me crazy.

Shame about the aged lume, though.

Martin.

It´ll age, just wait :)

Lol. The wait is ageing me ! :twisted:

Master
    Aged lume would have been good, but if it speeds things up then standard/new is fine by me.

8)

They didn't buy it and embarked on a (fruitless) search for another supplier but never mentioned anything to me
    Ah, good old German efficiency, applied to giving the customer what they want.

Sounds like progress is being made at least! If they happened to turn up at the end of October or thereabouts that would work very nicely with my finances...
    Dave E

Master
    just how long is "PDQ" in fricker time?

Is that like you wife saying "I will be ready to go in 5 minutes" and you end up being able to watch an entire half of football?

Quote Originally Posted by jtbold

Is that like you wife saying "I will be ready to go in 5 minutes" and you end up being able to watch an entire half of football?
    I reckon it is an indefinite but finite period of time somewhere between 5 minutes and 3 months. Approximately. Maybe. Ish...
    Dave E

Close. :lol:

Eddie

My Wife and Daughter told me on Saterday that they were going into a department store (Kohls) to pick up a couple of pairs of socks. Well I hate shopping so I waited in the car. They couldn't understand why I was "cranky" when they came out of the store two hours later empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    ...My Wife and Daughter told me on Saterday that they were going into a department store (Kohls) to pick up a couple of pairs of socks. Well I hate shopping so I waited in the car. They couldn't understand why I was "cranky" when they came out of the store two hours later empty handed.
    I am very fortunate in life to have a beautiful wife who gets ready quickly and who shops efficiently without wasting time.

My mother does neither so I have some idea of what it can be like otherwise.

Master
    sounds like I am going to have a heck of a christmas present

The watch should be ready in 4 weeks.

Eddie

Eddie, that looks spot on!

Exactly the combination of elements I was hoping for on the dial :D

Very happy to be on the LE list! Now, 4 weeks is just after my birthday and just before my next bonus is paid, so it's all coming together nicely.

Any ballpark figures on cost as yet, or is it still dependent on final invoice from Fricker?
    Dave E