closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC G10 1984 Help

Apprentice

CWC G10 1984 Help

I've picked up, via some dodgy pictures, an 84 CWC G10, which looks like a collection of parts.

The crystal fell out and has no tension ring and the movement rattles around in the case and interferes with fitting the case back.

Where can I get a suitable crystal from with a matt tension ring?

Also what should be the correct movement and where can I locate one?

You will have difficulty finding a glass with a matt tension ring as all I found come with the chrome ring. I use the 316 glass from cousins then use a lolly stick to prise out the chrome ring. The wood does not scratch the glass. I then replace with a Matt ring. When I was last in anchor supplies in Nottingham they have a selection of Matt rings for sale. Give them a call. The loose movement may be due to the movement locking ring being missing. Again, very difficult to locate a new movement. Look out for a cosmetically bashed but working example on eBay.

As has been pointed out you can buy original crystals with the matt tension ring from Silvermans, it will take a few calls to get through to the right person though! CWC used quite a few different movements over the years but a 1984 model should have a 7 jewel ETA 555.112 inside, or possibly an ESA 947.121 if it's a very early 1984 and the battery hatch isn't on the centre line. If the movement in yours is rattling about then the movement ring is probably missing. You can find cheap quartz dress watches that utilise these movements, but if you're also after a movement ring you're going to have to try and find a parts G10 from the same year unfortunately.