closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega AT 15000 Gauss

Omega AT 15000 Gauss

I'm really getting close to buying one of these. I've searched but apart from a couple of threads when it was first released we won't seem to have a lot of experience of it. Does anyone own one?

I'm not too bothered about the anti-magnetic properties but I'm a big fan of the AT and the size and aesthetics of this one really appeal to me.

What do we think?

Like that a lot.

Blog Entries
    There's one for sale on SC right now................!

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Have a look on SC - there is one there so you might be in luck.
    Last edited by Tam; 22nd January 2014 at 12:43. Reason: sorry, now realised my typing is far too slow

Master
    Saw one yesterday, certainly catches the eye and the antimagnetic movement is one of the biggest breakthroughs in recent history. But on balance not my favourite AT, due to the polished centre links, plus I find the bumble bee second hand a bit much. The black or blue standard ATs look better IMHO, it's just trying a little too hard. And soon enough they will be antimagnetic too.

Thanks for the replies. I'd completely missed the one on SC but I'm looking to buy new from my AD (I've bought a lot from him over the years and he looks after me very well). Good luck to the seller though, it looks lovely.

I've got the older white dial/blue hands AT (before the "refresh") and it's just about my favourite watch, worn most days as it's so versatile. I'd like one of the darker faced (blue or black) ones too and this one is just a bit different, which I like. I had a Milgauss GV and never really bonded with it but the AT is more of a coherent design to my eyes. I think I need to go and try it on :-).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'd completely missed the one on SC but I'm looking to buy new from my AD (I've bought a lot from him over the years and he looks after me very well). Good luck to the seller though, it looks lovely.

I've got the older white dial/blue hands AT (before the "refresh") and it's just about my favourite watch, worn most days as it's so versatile. I'd like one of the darker faced (blue or black) ones too and this one is just a bit different, which I like. I had a Milgauss GV and never really bonded with it but the AT is more of a coherent design to my eyes. I think I need to go and try it on :-).
    As an alternative, a much more coherent design from Rolex than the GV, IMHO.

Like it very much.
    Although Omega fan, must say this Milgaus is absolute winner for me.

I tried one of these on in Vegas in October and really liked it. As Skyman has suggested, I own a milgauss gv and therefore saw it as a comparison watch. I'm not sure I could say I prefer o e over the other but I was very taken by this and would definitely be tempted!

That's a clever photo :)

I haven't seen one in the metal, but I really like the look of them. I'm perhaps biased though in that I own an opaline silver faced version. Go for it.

I'm going to head down to the AD tomorrow to have a proper look. Thanks for all the comments.

At risk of outing myself as an Omega fanboy I have to say that this is (another) Omega which I really like the look of. In the metal it's quite shiny (which isn't normally my cup of tea aesthetically speaking) but the combination of the textured black dial with the yellow highlights and striped second hand make it a winner for me. The technology is pretty impressive, too, though I'd probably want somebody else to test the theory that it would work even in an MRI scanner...!

It's an impressive variant of a great watch, but just like the Milgauss, it's not subtle, so becomes a watch to wear "for a bit of a change" rather than everyday IMO. (A bit like the LV vs LN Sub C - ones more of a statement, but the other is a "do everything"). I would personally have the blue or grey AT - pretty much ticks all the boxes you'll ever need.

Master
    It's a lot more subtle than you think. I tend to wear my B&R BR02 everyday and it gets noticed, but the AT doesn't get noticed at all. Aside from the anti magnetic properties, it wears just like any other AT.

OP you should just buy mine, its basically brand new and you'll make a good saving!

Just curious here but when would one be subjected to such Gauss ? Suppose its a bit like when would one dive down to 6000 Ft !!

Having said that its a fine looking watch .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PMB View Post
    Just curious here but when would one be subjected to such Gauss ? Suppose its a bit like when would one dive down to 6000 Ft !!

Having said that its a fine looking watch .
    If you're working in areas with strong magnetic fields you can be subjected to high magnetic fields, I suppose the most common answer would be in a hospital MRI scanning room.

Here's a good article to explain magnetic forces

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=magnet-grade

I think that an MRI scanner contains magnets that are as powerful as 30,000 Gauss.

Thank you Sir...most informative now I get it !!

Well, I did go to the AD to have a look and what happened next is covered here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?289158

Thanks very much for all the responses and commentary - much appreciated.