closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used sub date - realistic prices?

Used sub date - realistic prices?

Have been given provisional approval from the boss to buy a Rolex. Am leaning towards the sub date (very nice ceramic in SC at the mo, but not wanting to spend £5k - sorry farmkid), what is a realistic price I should expect to pay for a used example? Not too vintage, am after a quickset date function as it would be worn in rotation with my other watches, and minty examples would be preferred.

Other models may be in the picture, price dependent, should I wander into the village at Westfield SB (work down the road) to look at a few?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Non ceramic good condition complete 16610 £3500-£3800.

Ceramic good condition complete £4500-£4900

In my opinion.

Grand Master
    PM sent to OP. Finally decided my 2003 Sub date 16610 can go!

Paul

This is difficult to answer at the moment due to business, based in about 3 countries
    Or even think of a vintage one, it will lose less value and may even gain over time.

16610 is a great watch - it is really wearable and seems to keep its price well

I would also keep a look out to try a sub c. As much as I love the 16610 the ceramic version looks to wear a bit more substantial than the older model. As much as I am taken with the 16610 I cannot afford to go one more, but if you have the time and choice it might be worth trying them both and seeing which one really captures you. Prices seem quite stable for time being - good luck

Craftsman
    Agree the 16610 for between £3.5 - £4k depending on condition. I looked for quite a while before finding the right one and those were the prices I was looking at.

I sold a ceramic sub date with some wear and tear but full
    Box and papers for £4k. Not seen one that cheap for a while but as said above, £4.5 should be along soon.

16600 over a 16610 all day! Great one for sale from Mike Woods shop at £4250, or there was the other day. Great price!

Master
    Mike's had that one for over 6 months, not sure why it hasn't gone?

Master
    I am off to Southport tomorrow and if i can lose SWMBO i intend to pop in and take at look at this as it's been for sale for a while.

Buy SWMBO lunch in Vincent's, pop to the toilet, return with Seadweller. Easy.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I will be listing my sub c soon at around £4.5 k! So you may just get lucky ! :)