closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex for the larger wristed?

Rolex for the larger wristed?

Been thinking for a while about selling a few bits and getting a Rolex but what holds me back is they all seem a bit small (not including the DSSD as that's outside my budget).

I did try a few subs on (Date / ND and LV) about 4/5 years back and at the time just thought they felt and looked too small for my 7.75" - 8" fat wrist.

Now at that time I probably wouldn't have really considered anything smaller than 44mm but since then I've found my tastes have changed a bit and I do frequently find myself wearing my Bond SMP as it's just so comfortable.

So my questions are:-

Does anybody out there with similar sized wrists find the Subs / GMTs / Explorers wear ok? Any pics might help.

Does something like the Milgauss wear bigger due to the size of the face/lack of bezel? How about the 39mm Explorer or even the DateJust II?

The newer ones with Maxi cases and the 42mm Exp 2 I guess appear that bit bigger however not sure my budget will run that far just yet, would prefer to find something closer to £3k if poss.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, actually thinking of a Black Bay instead as it's just a fraction bigger in the pictures I've seen (though would really prefer to see one if I decide to go that way).

We have similar size wrists, and although I wear my Sub and SD's more than most watches (along with my SMP's), the 42mm Explorer II is possibly the perfect size case for me in a watch.
    It's just a matter of time...

i have a 42mm explorer and flip between thinking it looks ace to thinking it looks like a shirt button on my 7.75ish wrist.

i think it depends on what i was wearing previously as this is my smallest and thinnest watch. i regularly consider selling it but always end up wearing it then re-connecting with it.

having tried on my mates submariner (non ceramic type) and a couple of SMP i am starting to think i should worry less about how small they look on my wrist and more about how good they look full stop, as my penchant for larger watches means i am excluding myself from some great designs.

I have the same problem at the moment but I'm more 8" to 8.25" wrist.
    Currently wearing a 45.5 Omega PO and the new 44mm seamaster chrono.
    Really wanting to get a Rolex back in my life so tried a sub C on Friday and really struggled to see it working for me.

Would love to go for the DSSD but really wasn't planning on spending that much money.

I have a 7 1/2" wrist (the left one, for some reason the right one is a good 1/2" thicker...) and the 42mm Explorer 2 either fits perfectly or is slightly too big for me. Can't decide, I think it's down to not quite getting it adjusted to fit my wrist properly. Anyway, it's a good size for a larger wrist.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Another vote for the 42mm Explorer II (216570), I was REALLY disappointed with how small a SubC ND looked and felt on my wrist after temporarily swapping my SMP for one in The Watch Gallery when I was contemplating my first Rolex purchase last year.

P.S. I couldn't tell you the size of my wrist because I've got absolutely no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by sheepsteeth View Post
    i am starting to think i should worry less about how small they look on my wrist and more about how good they look full stop,
    This!

I think that the 42 Explorer II looks great on my seven and a half inch wrist, and I'm happy with that size. Funnily enough, I wore my older 40mm Ex II over the weekend, and it felt tiny! Really, really small! Try the bigger version, and get saving, I suggest! You'll be happier with the bigger size.

Banned
    40mm SeaDweller on 8ish inch wrist from varying distances:

42mm Exp 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Try the bigger version, and get saving, I suggest! You'll be happier with the bigger size.
    That's the problem, I'm sure the new Exp II is the right size at 42mm just I'm not sure I'm ready yet to drop 4k+ on a watch (and not even a new one at that).

No opinions (and pics) on the Milgauss how it wears on a bigger wrist?

If you can stretch to c.£4k you should be able to get an Explorer II 42mm or Sub C non date - both of which would tick your boxes I think.

Banned
    I think the 40mm is a better size than 42mm