closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue/Black GMT or SubC ND

One in the sun, taken in October when the sun last shone here in manchester...

Journeyman
    The bezel on the BLNR reflects light in a really special way… you have to see it irl… i think the Sub is more of an everyday watch compared to the BLNR...

Great choice! Congrats. I'm wearing my subC date on a leather strap today. Had a GMTc before but sold it to fund another watch. The sub is just simple and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    One in the sun, taken in October when the sun last shone here in manchester...

Lovely

The BLNR looks stunning, gets my vote, a future classic i think.

Master
    Great choice of the sub. I think it's a more likely keeper.

The blue black GMT is beautiful but doesn't strike me as a long term watch.

Congrats, wear it well!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sub for me. But I don't particularly like colours that aren't monochrome on watches so my opinion is biased.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=senwar;3009910]However, I have this afternoon bought myself the following!

Glad you got sorted, waiting myself for phone call to say my subC date has arrived. Like you I also like the gmt.

Quote Originally Posted by stew67 View Post
    Glad you got sorted, waiting myself for phone call to say my subC date has arrived. Like you I also like the gmt.
    Hope you get yours soon then. I'm still toying with the GMT as well (although say that away from earshot of the wife!).

Good choice with the Sub C date lads!

Banned
    JC - batman is beautiful. very nice and good taste hulk+batman-> does the job

Very nice Paul,I fancy a green (hulk) myself. Did you notice if they had any and how much they were at UK Bullion?

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Very nice Paul,I fancy a green (hulk) myself. Did you notice if they had any and how much they were at UK Bullion?
    cheers mate. Really pleased.

The Hulk was the only one they had at UK Bullion when I spoke to them - it was £5200.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    cheers mate. Really pleased.

The Hulk was the only one they had at UK Bullion when I spoke to them - it was £5200.
    Cheers,good price that really,I don't know if I can make myself drop 5k on a watch at the mo. though.
    Might have to go down the less painful 0% route myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JakubL View Post
    JC - batman is beautiful. very nice and good taste hulk+batman-> does the job
    Thanks Jakub, it is indeed a great pair.

Had the itch for a plat Yachtmaster for a while now, must scratch it soon...

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Cheers,good price that really,I don't know if I can make myself drop 5k on a watch at the mo. though.
    Might have to go down the less painful 0% route myself.
    I don't like finance although 0% is a bit of a no brainer sometimes. Given the fact I'd got the Vespa on it and that's gone to the great scooter graveyard in the sky, I just decided to do this for basically the same amount per month. Put a bigger deposit down to give me monthly's of £100 (bike was £99). So won't miss the monthly payment and selling the GMT left me with a few k for the holidays I'd overspent on this year lol

The black and blue bezel looks fantastic on the GMTc but as a regular wearer I'd prefer a SubC-
    setting the time on a SubC is slightly quicker than the gmt hour hand issue......and I find the second time zone
    is rarely of any consequence to me.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I've got a date SubC and the black/blue. Personally, the black/blue gets my vote. The blue is stunning in the flesh and the polished centre links add a little bit of something to the overall look.

What a great looking watch , love it

Apprentice
    My vote would be with the GMT, likely to be a classic I'd say.

These GMT BLNR threads and pics aren't helping me!!!

Back on the hunt for one this week to add to the Sub C date that's going nowhere......

So, I wear my Sub for the first time this week.

The ruddy clasp is stuck and I can see the screw has dislodged meaning the glidelock doesn't work. Seems to be something that has happened to a few and I've read its due to loctite? The AD did say they were using loctite but it hasn't done the business.

Anyone any idea whether this is a quick fix in any AD or will it need to go back? Its not impacting me wearing it but needs sorting. I did speak with David Robinson's earlier who said I should be OK at any AD but just wondered if anyone else experienced this? As the branch I bought from isn't local I can't just easily pop back in you see.

So, I wear my Sub for the first time this week. The ruddy clasp is stuck and I can see the screw has dislodged meaning the glidelock doesn't work. Seems to be something that has happened to a few and I've read its due to loctite? The AD did say they were using loctite but it hasn't done the business. Anyone any idea whether this is a quick fix in any AD or will it need to go back? Its not impacting me wearing it but needs sorting. I did speak with David Robinson's earlier who said I should be OK at any AD but just wondered if anyone else experienced this? As the branch I bought from isn't local I can't just easily pop back in you see.
    Hi Paul,

I had the same problem with my last subc and it should be a quick fix. At first the ad said it needed to go back to rolex but they sorted it after a while :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Hi Paul,

I had the same problem with my last subc and it should be a quick fix. At first the ad said it needed to go back to rolex but they sorted it after a while :)
    Thanks. I'll give my local ad a try first then. Cheers.

I prefer the sub

I don't like finance although 0% is a bit of a no brainer sometimes. Given the fact I'd got the Vespa on it and that's gone to the great scooter graveyard in the sky, I just decided to do this for basically the same amount per month. Put a bigger deposit down to give me monthly's of £100 (bike was £99). So won't miss the monthly payment and selling the GMT left me with a few k for the holidays I'd overspent on this year lol
    No brainer is right. When discounts are so ludicrously tight of Rolex sports models I don't see much reward for paying all that money up front. I picked up a Submariner No-Date last week on interest free credit, left a good deposit and and I'm paying £75 a month. Sure, no discount but by the time the IFC is paid I think prices will have climbed waaaaay north of the current rrp of £5k and I'd rather have the watch on my wrist now that wait a few years to negotiate 5% off what will probably be a £6k watch! IFC makes a lot of sense for those who know how to manage their finances.