closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fencing - price check

Fencing - price check

Hi all
    Sorry for the very boring topic, but following the less than clement weather i am having to get a fence replaced on one side of our garden.
    Scope: 11 panels with concrete posts and gravel boards, to include installation and removal of the old wood fence and posts.

I have been quoted £1400 which feels high to me, but it's been like pulling teeth to get contractors in just to even look at it, let alone getting a quote (still awaiting 2 quotes 2 weeks on!). Clearly a trade in demand at this time of the year...

I am pretty busy at the moment so could do with going with that one and move on, but I don't like getting ripped off...

Any views on this price?

There is a resident expert on here, who will undoubtedly be in touch

Presume these are 6ft bays are they with overlap panels. If that includes vat as well then I think
    It's about right give or take a hundred.

Its silly season out there at the moment.Even getting hold of 6ft panels at the moment is very difficult but that said that seems a little excessive to me.

Fence posts x11 @ 16.49

Fence panels x 11 @ 16.39

Gravel Board x11 @ 11.39

Total + £25.00 delivery = £511.97

Thats £900(ish) to Install and throw the remainder in the local tip. Thats expensive. Bearing in mind that most will accept hard cash so the tax man never gets involved.

Master
    A mate charges around £100 a panel by the time you include the panel, posts etc, but you know it will be straight and up and inline with the others.
    So £1400 seems a bit pricey.

Master
    Based on the rate of an average of £45 - £50 per metre installed plus VAT you should be looking at between £1,080 - £1,200. A lot depends on the quality of the panels. I am using a Hampshire based fencing Subcontractor on my schemes in Portsmouth and North Hampshire at the moment, if you want I can have a word with then and get a price for you.

All the best
    Steve

Master
    Have to agree that 1400 seems a lot - I had 8 replaced including concrete posts and boards just before xmas for 650 . This was mates rates and I (still) have to get rid of the old ones so I think closer to 1000 is more like it unless they is something odd about the site

I thought this was going to be "should I buy an épée or foil?".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I thought this was going to be "should I buy an épée or foil?".

Eddie
    Or the OP had some dodgy gear he wants to move, and didn't want to underprice it....
    So clever my foot fell off.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    I paid supplied and fitted in Essex two years ago £1,100 for 16 5' treated close-boarded feather edge panels, 12" concrete gravel boards & 6' posts. It took two guys just over a day to complete. They even took away my old fence.

B

Thanks guys for the feedback, pretty much confirmed what I thought.

As it happens we have received another quote for just above £1000 this morning, so this feels like the right ballpark or near enough, I am going to cut the chase and go with it, life's too short.

Thanks all for the advice and offers to help!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Or the OP had some dodgy gear he wants to move, and didn't want to underprice it....
    My first thought too.