closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody got a sales contact at a land rover dealership

Master

Anybody got a sales contact at a land rover dealership

My boss is looking to to purchase a new Discovery, to add to his to his garage of X6, R8 and Ducati.

His PA has been tasked with getting a price on the exact spec he is after and she's being given the run arround by one of the local dealerships - the will give her a price on one they have in stock (which is the wrong colour, wrong spec, wrong everthing!) but not on the spec he is interested in.

She is tearing her hair out with these idiots so I was wondering if anyone has some friendly contacts, we are in Shropshire but aren't fussed where it comes from and we pay cash for all our fleet.

Would appreciate any feedback you guys could give.

LB

Sounds like he needs someone to wipe his arse for him and clearly has more money than he knows what to do with so tell him to try doing something for himself for a change -

I barely trust my PA to go out and get me a sandwich at lunch time never mind buying a car, they would eat her for breakfast at most car dealerships

Banned
    Blog Entries
    PM'd you. Hope it helps.

Master
    Not personally, but I could get to a good guy, Friend or a friend etc...

If Skyman's helped then great, if not let me know?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Sounds like he needs someone to wipe his arse for him and clearly has more money than he knows what to do with so tell him to try doing something for himself for a change -
    You obviously work for yourself as that would be the fastest way to the job centre. Yes he has more money than sense and yes he is a knob of the first degree but his PA is handsomely paid to do his bidding! He also has a helicopter, plane and a coupe of boats!

His PA is a feisty character and has told the said dealership to go forth and do one:)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    PM'd you. Hope it helps.
    Cheers Skyman will pass on you contacts details

If he's got that much cash tell him to get the new Range Rover Sport (which is a huge step change in design and technology, especially the weight saving) rather than the awful Discovery

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    If he's got that much cash tell him to get the new Range Rover Sport (which is a huge step change in design and technology, especially the weight saving) rather than the awful Discovery
    Funny thats exactly what his PA said!

Just do it online:

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_gb/l319/

jobs a carrot & you don't have to talk to a dealer other than to place your order..........

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    Just do it online:

jobs a carrot & you don't have to talk to a dealer other than to place your order..........
    And pay the full asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    And pay the full asking price.
    err no - but doing the configurator will give you a pretty good clue as to what the final cost SHOULD be - a pretty good start point for negotiations to begin I would have thought?

I also guess that higher discounts will be available on stock models rather than factory orders..........

Autoebid.com reverse auction site

Seriously good service - dealer supplied me a Shogun at cost just to get one extra registered and hit manufacturer bonus targets, saved near £3k below the local dealer's best discount.

Journeyman
    Just do it online:

Some of the prices on there are quite funny. Ipad holder costs £166. You can almost buy an ipad for that price!

Lookers Land Rover Colchester are always very busy. I have a friend who works there if it helps.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Master
    I had exactly the same problem and contacted LR Corporate on the number on the website,they have arranged a weeks demo and a new Sport is being delivered on Monday for five days and a list of Corporate dealers he can contact to do a deal once he's decided on a spec.
    My local dealer who I used to supply my current and previous Sports couldn't be bothered to even call me back after a visit to discuss my requirements.

I barely trust my PA to go out and get me a sandwich at lunch time never mind buying a car, they would eat her for breakfast at most car dealerships
    That probably says more about you than your PA.

Craftsman
    More helpful bit:-
    I would call Jeremy at Hadley Green Land Rover - he's usually very helpful.

Less helpful bit:-
    My PA is 26 with great T&A (and she knows it) - the boat ain't up to much but the mood swings are entertaining. Not sure I would have her negotiate my next car deal though

You have PM LuBee.

This is exactly what my business does and we'd be happy to help you/your Boss.

Thanks,
    Gareth

That is just the tip of the whole land rover experience It gets much worse, They have done your boss a great service if he goes and buys a proper motor.

Master
    err no - but doing the configurator will give you a pretty good clue as to what the final cost SHOULD be - a pretty good start point for negotiations to begin I would have thought?

I also guess that higher discounts will be available on stock models rather than factory orders..........
    He knows the config he wants, he's just not willing to pay the the RRP. He might be a knob but he isn't stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    He knows the config he wants, he's just not willing to pay the the RRP. He might be a knob but he isn't stupid!

Fair enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    That probably says more about you than your PA.

Thank you for your razor sharp insight, but you neither know me or my PA so jog on sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post

well no wonder she is getting the run around.

Not many dealers will give a discount/price over the phone or to someone making enquiries for a 3rd party.

Your OP said getting a price for a given spec, what you seem to be saying now is, getting a discounted price on a given spec, not the same thing.

They want to see your wallet coming out your pocket before giving their best price.

Just the same with watches, try making enquiries on what discounts are available over the phone or for a 3rd party and in most cases you will get told none are available, turn up to the AD ready to buy and the situation will be different.
    Last edited by jegger; 16th January 2014 at 16:42.

Thank you for your razor sharp insight, but you neither know me or my PA so jog on sunshine
    You're welcome.
    Out jogging this evening as it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    You're welcome.
    Out jogging this evening as it happens.

2 quality ripostes!!

i contacted stratstone land rover solihull about buying a disco 4, not one person got back to me, i believe 10% discount is available,

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    i contacted stratstone land rover solihull about buying a disco 4, not one person got back to me, i believe 10% discount is available,

Are you after a face lifted 2014 MY?

gareth w, yes i was

andy

Journeyman
    I bought my Disco 4 via Colliers of Birmingham last year. The salesman was ok, a bit hard work at times. I just remember looking at the gold watch on his wrist and thinking sales must be good!

Craftsman
    You have yet another PM with contact info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    More helpful bit:-
    I would call Jeremy at Hadley Green Land Rover - he's usually very helpful.

Less helpful bit:-
    My PA is 26 with great T&A (and she knows it) - the boat ain't up to much but the mood swings are entertaining. Not sure I would have her negotiate my next car deal though

Cracking comment!!!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    well no wonder she is getting the run around.

Not many dealers will give a discount/price over the phone or to someone making enquiries for a 3rd party.

Your OP said getting a price for a given spec, what you seem to be saying now is, getting a discounted price on a given spec, not the same thing.

They want to see your wallet coming out your pocket before giving their best price.

Just the same with watches, try making enquiries on what discounts are available over the phone or for a 3rd party and in most cases you will get told none are available, turn up to the AD ready to buy and the situation will be different.
    Last year she managed to negotiate the purchase of 2 x BMW 5 Series, 2 x BMW X6, 2 x Evoques, 1 x Audi Q7, 1 x Mercedes E Class , 8 x Seat Leons, 2 Astras and a couple of Passats all with very healthy discounts all without setting foot in a dealership. Think watches are a bit different as there is not the corporate/business element to the purchase.

Thanks to everyone who has given me contact details I've passed them all on.

Cheers

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Is is this what TZ is about? I come here to avoid this sort of "banter". I would hope we are, by and large, gentlemen.

This sort of comment isn't needed. We have a few high net worth individuals here who value their time and have help to so stuff like this.

Mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    This sort of comment isn't needed. We have a few high net worth individuals here who value their time and have help to so stuff like this.

Mike
    It wasn't a very helpful comment.

The guy maybe a knob at times but he employs over 100 people, including me and runs a successful multi million pound international business. Buying cars and other boys toys isn't the top of his priorities, thats why he's got a kick ass PA who does a much better job of securing a fantastic deal than he ever would, he knows that and trusts her judgement implicitly. She is our company Mrs Fixit, there isn't anything thing she can't sort, and she's sorted some thing that would make you blush!

My question wasn't due to her being incapable of dealing effectively with a dealer but trying to save some time and not having to deal with time wasters. I have had some fantastic feedback from the members here and have passed on all your suggestions and recommendations on.

As my granny said if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all....