Hello All! After several years lurking and a few months as a member I thought it was about time to post my first ever SOTC. So, I dusted off the camera and signed up for a Photobucket account. As usual, apologies in advance for poor photography skills.

I've been interested in watches for a few years now. I'm certainly not a serious watch collector, I simply just enjoy wearing and learning about them. There is no theme to my small collection, I tend to buy just on the basis of what I like aesthetically. My knowledge of movements, watch history and and collectability are very limited. However, this forum is increasing my knowledge and interest and I hope it's something I'll pick up as time goes on.

So, here's the collection!

First up is my Bremont MBii that arrived yesterday. I was looking for a rugged pilot-style watch that had to be a bit 'special', yet it also had to be suitable for wearing every day. I think this is the one. I had considered an IWC MK XVII, but I'm not keen on the date window and in the flesh it just didn't do it for me at that price-point. I used to own a Solo (black dial, cream indices) and flipped it after a year - it was a nice watch but rather plain. This MBii just feels 'right' and I love the look of it; the orange barrel and dash of colour on the MBii dial make it more interesting. I also quite like what Bremont are about and they are not too far from me if something goes wrong!

Second up is the watch that got me started with mechanical watches. This was the one watch I lusted after because I'm a bit of a Bond fan. Here we have my Omega Seamaster Coaxial. Unlike Bond, I prefer the black to the blue and this is one that I'll be keeping forever. It fits like a glove and feels like an old friend.

Sticking with a Bond theme, this is my Kemmner 007. I picked this up on ebay and it's a favourite of mine. Keeps good time and it's a great watch for summer as it's light and looks good on a fabric strap.

Back to Omega with the next one, my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Coaxial 2500 with cream dial and blue hands and indices. I have a love/hate relationship with this one; I love the dial, it is gorgeous, but it just looks a bit too small and delicate when I'm wearing it. I tend to wear it only as a dress watch for the rare occasions I don a suit. Maybe I should look into a larger 8500 Aqua Terra, the one with the blue dial

Next up is my Tudor Black Bay. I wanted one of these the minute I saw one. However, the honeymoon period is now over. I'm not sure why, it's not getting worn much. Maybe it's just not me.

Next up is my first purchase from SC, my MKii Paradive. I'd first seen these mentioned here and had a look at them on the MKii website. I thought they were a bit pricey, so jumped at the chance when this came up. It's a cracking tool watch; comfortable, not too big or small, doesn't draw any attention and the blue lume lifts it to something a bit special.

Now onto my Ball Cleveland Express. I can't put my finger on it, but there was something that drew me to this watch (even though I'm not that keen on the day-date arrangement). The finish on the dial is superb and the numbers are unlike anything else I've seen. It's also accurate, gaining about 0.5s per day. I actually prefer this to my Aqua Terra as a dress watch.

Last (and maybe least) is my Benarus Remora. This was a spur of the moment purchase on ebay. It's certainly one solid chunk of watch and I think looks great with the ceramic bezel on the mesh bracelet. However, I've just not bonded with it and it may be moved on sooner rather than later.

So there we have it, my first ever SOTC. Have a great 2014 everyone!