closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Android Tablets

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Android Tablets

Sorry if there's already a thread, but does anyone have one?

I have made loads of official reviews but there's so many. Just after some personal views .

Thanks
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Does anyone have some advice for Paul? I know sweet Fanny Adams about Androids 'cos I'm an Apple user.

Wish you a Super Christmas Paul and hope the grub's OK … and that you have some tipple too.

Best wishes

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Hi Paul

Any reason you haven't considered an iPad? I'm not an apple fanboy by the way! I do find however that iPads are superb for browsing and surfing the net, very stable and plenty of apps available.

I have an android phone which is great and we also had two android tablets but have now converted to iPads of which there are 3 in the house..... I tend to gravitate towards my sons iPad1 which is fine for what I need.

Probably not helped very much but thought I would share my experience over the last couple of years.

Paul

Master
    I have a Google Nexus 7 which is fantastic. Which tablet you get really depends on what you want to do on it. As others have said, the iPad's are good also.

Journeyman
    Have an iPad2 and a nexus7 in the house. You couldn't go wrong with either. I guess it depends what your looking to use it for and how much you are willing to spend. Goggle have just brought out the new updated nexus7 which I believe is meant to be very good, although I think they've bumped the price up also. I got mine for a bargain £150, which I thought was an absolute steal for what you get. Be interesting to hear what you decide.

If you buy it with Tescos vouchers a Tesco Hudl is only £60 and a stunning deal at that.

Downsides...
    • this deal assumes you have Tesco vouchers and nothing else to do with them but it's still very good at £120
    • it looks (and is) a bit basic but it will do 98% of what 98% of people will want from it
    • it will, at least to start with, push Tesco pages and products at you
    • it's a 7" screen which is fine if you want a 7" screen - all 3 of my kids have 7" tablets (2 Hudls and a v1 Nexus 7) but I use a 10" one

Upsides...
    • but it will do 98% of what 98% of people will want from it
    • it's £60 FFS!
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 24th December 2013 at 07:46.

I have a first gen nexus 7. Excellent tablet for the money and does everything I could ask of it.
    Running the latest software and it runs very quickly and smoothly, battery life Is great too

I'm a Mac computer user, and until recently used an iPhone too. But then I bought a Nexus 7 (1st gen), which I think is excellent, so much so that I've just bought an Android phone.

Can't comment on other Android tablets, but a big thumbs up for the Nexus 7 from me.

I use Amazon a lot so went for a Kindle Fire HD, and I'm more than happy with it.

Master
    I have the Nexus 7, my wife the iPad Mini. We both love them, though I think my wife loves hers more - it has become a habit for her, with surfing and games. Some days it is attached to her for 8 hours or so.

The Nexus is excellent. I had a gen one that I gave to my parents when the Ipad mini came out. I still use the nexus when I visit my parents.

Currently being sold (gen one) for £99 at Carphone warehouse http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...lourCode=BROWN

nexus

+1 for the nexus, its very portable and has a great screen.

However, the new ipad mini air or whatever it is, would be a good albeit expensive alternative.

Another Nexus 7 owner.

Very pleased although there are some apps that are not available for Android compared to Apple. It's a minor issue but if there was nothing else in it, it could be the deciding factor for some.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I echo the suggestions of a nexus 7 - superb bit of kit.

I went for the Nexus 10 to get a bigger screen and have been very happy with it.

We have a couple of Nexus 7's in the household, and a handful of iPads - the Ipads are better imho. However, looking specifically at Android - I really like the Samsung Galaxy Tablets and the Nexus tablets are very good. I would stick to those, and there are some good deals around too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    One important specification to check is screen resolution, if it is important to you to watch many movies or videos. The very cheap tablets, whilst being a bargain, tend to have lower res screens.

Master
    I have an iPad mini which I bought from play.com for £199 as a result of a "heads up" thread on this very forum.

SWMBO has a Samsung Galaxy which has been great.

I like my iPad and don't regret the (impulse) buy, but I'm not sure it's twice as good as the Samsung which I think is now a bit of a bargain as they are now £99 at John Lewis