closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mad Friday

Mad Friday

So, who is venturing out tonight amongst the "once-a-yearers"? Paralletic after 2 pints and taking on the world.

Master
    I am. Dads' night out at my daughter's primary school. If I manage to leave the office in time.

Craftsman
    Out for the Blues vs Ospreys at the Cardiff Arms Park then to Cardiff for the chaos black Friday brings!

Off down West St in Sheffield tonight, did the same last year and Mad Friday certainly lived up to its name! Bonkers!

Craftsman
    Off into Liverpool centre soon - starting with a curry then on to the madness

Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    Out for the Blues vs Ospreys at the Cardiff Arms Park then to Cardiff for the chaos black Friday brings!
    Good luck, with both? the rugby and Cardiff tonight!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by and6868 View Post
    Good luck, with both? the rugby and Cardiff tonight!
    Lol I think I will need the latter, but as an Ospreys fan that should be fine!

I'm not

However Mrs V has her 'works do' so I will be offering the usual taxi service to and from Reading. Hopefully I will be able to do so without receiving 2 fines like last year for taking wrong turnings in the towns wonderful road system. Excellent revenue stream they have there.

Master
    I'm out at the theatre tonight in town so will no doubt have an "entertaining" train journey home. After last night, I should perhaps pack a hard hat even for the theatrical part of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Paralletic after 2 pints of vodka and taking on the world.
    Corrected that for you. The answer is yes, but this was last weekend.

Tonight I'm off to Manchester to see The Prodigy. No drinking involved just off my face on the beats of the music.

I'm going nowhere: I went out to lock up the office on Tuesday evening and spooked a cat, which ran through my legs. I managed a nifty two-step to avoid kicking the cat but in doing so tripped over a plant pot and fell on the top of a small wall, injuring my back and side. Nothing broken but I can hardly move without the muscles in my back going into spasm. Finally contacted the doc today who prescribed Diazepam as a muscle relaxant. So far it's not doing much.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkinbadger View Post
    Off down West St in Sheffield tonight, did the same last year and Mad Friday certainly lived up to its name! Bonkers!
    Was supposed to be doing the same, meeting in the Swim at half 4 but decided against it and will go out tomorrow instead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm going nowhere: I went out to lock up the office on Tuesday evening and spooked a cat, which ran through my legs. I managed a nifty two-step to avoid kicking the cat but in doing so tripped over a plant pot and fell on the top of a small wall, injuring my back and side. Nothing broken but I can hardly move without the muscles in my back going into spasm. Finally contacted the doc today who prescribed Diazepam as a muscle relaxant. So far it's not doing much.

Eddie
    Ouch! Get well soon

Master

Eddie
    Hope you are fit for Christmas, I'm sure the cat is very grateful.

I might try a single malt.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Eddie
    Heat pack might help. As might camomile tea.

Master
    Where I live its called Black eye Friday.

Sort of sums it up!

Just been out collecting with Rotary and a Santa Sleigh and lots of cheezy music , appx £ 200 and we were wet through, BUT no black eyes!

It really is mad

I dropped Mrs V off about an hour ago and she was wearing a very short skirt and skimpy top with only a thin jacket over the top

Its bloomin' freezing out there - she should be wearing some proper winter clothing

I expect that she will be drinking far too much alcohol as well - so she will suffer for that as well tomorrow

Madness

Craftsman
    Funny stuff diazepam, had it for a sporting neck tweak (nothing serious just niggling muscle spasms), doesn't knock your socks off, unless you have a few beers. But wait til you get in bed, lovely nights sleep and wake up feeling very pragmatic :)

Best wishes, get well soon,
    Chris

Eddie

I might try a single malt.

Eddie
    Just triple the Valium and it'll all feel fine.

Journeyman
    I've decided to stay in and try and fix my chop saw.... As I write this with one finger already bandaged I'm starting to think it would have been safer to go out...

The future MrsUK is out at her work Christmas do, I've just done 75 mins on the turbo trainer in the garage.

I suspect she's having a better time!

Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    Was due to be in town tonight myself but the last train back is so early, it's hardly worth it. If i'd have planned better, i'd have knocked off early, got down there just after (or before) lunchtime and been on my merry way home just as the dregs of society are squeezing their stretch marked, lycra clad legs into Walkabout! Maybe next year, meet up in the Brewery Quarter just after 13:00hrs?

A mate sent me this today (some choice language, but entirely accurate)

http://juicecomedy.co.uk/2012/12/30/...go-to-the-pub/

I stopped in with the girlfriend, I'm too old to be dodging round the 'once-a-year' drinkers

Master
    I had a pint after work at 6 this evening and it was already getting rowdy!
    Police were out in mega force, to their credit - I suspect they will be busy!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    A mate sent me this today (some choice language, but entirely accurate)

http://juicecomedy.co.uk/2012/12/30/...go-to-the-pub/

I stopped in with the girlfriend, I'm too old to be dodging round the 'once-a-year' drinkers
    Your mate was bob on!

Wonder how the towns will be knowing that the dregs from last will be a home nursing a banging head ache or hugging the loo.... Might see if I can get the last of my shopping done at this opportune moment...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    Was due to be in town tonight myself but the last train back is so early, it's hardly worth it. If i'd have planned better, i'd have knocked off early, got down there just after (or before) lunchtime and been on my merry way home just as the dregs of society are squeezing their stretch marked, lycra clad legs into Walkabout! Maybe next year, meet up in the Brewery Quarter just after 13:00hrs?
    I think 11:00 would be more sensible given the state of some people when I was finishing my Christmas shopping before the game!

Maybe a Cardiff social could be on the cards at some point?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Was my uber works do.

Started drinking at half 11 at mine, then into Swansea. Bar10 (Lee Trundles bar - classy I lost count of the Deisel and Chanel J style wristwear!), onto a fab Meal at the Wild Swan, then Wind St.

I hit the booze wall about half 8 and was home in time to watch Phil Taylor lose having had a cheeky bet on the other guy it was a good end to the night.

Today I feel like my head has been in a blender, and I'm out again tonight with my mates...

Started at the Dog & Duck in Soho. I can confirm everywhere was mobbed, but after a few scoobies I didn't care.

I went out straight from work in Glasgow at 4pm and without any food I was home for 11pm very much drunk.
    Sore head this morning now :(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Was my uber works do.

Started drinking at half 11 at mine, then into Swansea. Bar10 (Lee Trundles bar - classy I lost count of the Deisel and Chanel J style wristwear!), onto a fab Meal at the Wild Swan, then Wind St.

I hit the booze wall about half 8 and was home in time to watch Phil Taylor lose having had a cheeky bet on the other guy it was a good end to the night.

Today I feel like my head has been in a blender, and I'm out again tonight with my mates...
    The wild swan is a highlight of Swansea, the river running through the middle is entertaining... and no it is intentional

Master
    Blog Entries
    Food was awesome :)

Grand Master
    Yep out at 2 and decided to head back to base camp when the big hand and little came to show the same time again......albeit the hands looked a little blurry by this time.

And would you believe it will be happening several times more in the next days and week.

Grand Master
    London Town was lively but gravitated to the Tattersall Castle to assist the escape to Waterloo, good social but £10 for a big Gin & Tonic always sours the grapes
    RIAC

Master
    Why do people pay for a drink with a debit card

I live opposite an A&E and it's been surprisingly quiet this weekend. None of the usual shouting and screaming or death threats.

Craftsman
    My 9.30pm train out of Liverpool St was full of folks who'd had a little too much to drink and fancied throwing a bit of abuse about. Not great to be honest... I was at the IMAX watching the latest instalment of the Hobit, so I was dry as a bone!

Had a few pints in town on Friday to watch the Leinster game and things were fairly sensible (with the possible exception of the people at the table next to us. They started a sing song but one chap stood up to deliver a crescendo; unfortunately he fell over and a table of drink hit the deck, they didn't get served after that).

Saturday, however, was absolutely mental. There seems to be a new Dublin Christmas thing of doing twelve pubs (twelve days of Christmas) while wearing ironic Christmas jumpers. Thankfully, being Dublin, standards of pub-going professionalism are relatively high.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.