closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G10/98.

Journeyman

G10/98.

JD,

How much would the MOD have paid for the CWC G10/98 quartz watches would you guess?

If the "public" would have bought them, I guess much more?

Good watch the CWC G10/98, I love mine. :)

Regards,

Stan.

Craftsman
    For some reason I have £19.25 in my head for what I was billed ..for mine...need to dig out my old Issues & Receipts form to see :)
    I've seen them sold from 'civvie' places for around £75 ish new

Craftsman
    The CWC G10/98 is one of my favourites - if not my favourite watch ... have you noticed that the supply of the 98 has almost dried up? I managed to get a couple a few months ago for about £50 each.

Seems that most G10's are now the 2000 model selling at £110!

Journeyman

A bargian

at £19.25! Thanks Afx.

JoT, do you know if the G10/2000 was actualy issued to HM forces?

I've seen them offered on a website brand new but not "issued". The original MOD spec calls for a battery hatch and I don't think that spec was ammended.

This is the original spec:-

http://www.dstan.mod.uk/data/66/004/04000400.pdf

Grand Master
    I seem to remember to have read that they were indeed issued, though in smaller numbers, and only to the RAF. Must have been on the homepage of one of the forum members. Have a look at this and search for "British miliatry watches", or so:
    http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/watches/timeblogark.html

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Anchor Nottingham and Ripley buy them in Bulk from Ramco and places like that. They usually work out at between 6 and 10 quid a pop. They dont all run though, often just needing crystals or a battery. Cheers, James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gspotter
    Anchor Nottingham and Ripley buy them in Bulk from Ramco and places like that. They usually work out at between 6 and 10 quid a pop. They dont all run though, often just needing crystals or a battery. Cheers, James.
    The last 50 I got from Anchor were certainly more than 6 - 10 quid a pop and I got 28 working ones out of them. After having them serviced and a new crystal and battery fitted (don't forget the new strap) they weren't worth doing.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Hi Eddie,

Its Ramco that Anchor buy em from for that price. To be honest in a lot of 50 from ramco there might be 20 or 30 worth bothering with. Even so, per watch anchor still more than double their money. If you've not been to a Ramco auction i suggest you go along, even if its not a horology day they still have some VERY interesting odds and Sods. Sorry about what happened with the RLT post, i dont mean any offence to people enjoying their watches. I just got carried away in the heat of the moment so to speak

Journeyman
    Crusader,

It seems that the "2000" may well have been issued, thanks for the help. :wink:

GS,

That's interesting info. I got mine from Anchor and it's in very nice nick. I guess the ones they sell "retail" are the best ones they have. They probably sell the tat to people like Eddie and Roy. :cry:

Eddie,

The PRS 10 looks really well. When I have some brass I'm having one. I've just got one of Roy's RLT6's so I have had my quota for this month. :roll:

Two years ago, Anchor still had some Smiths W10 on offer. A bit tatty but not a lot needed to make them right. I bought a dozen at £110 each and then had them all serviced before selling at £180. Never even kept one for myself and now I want one!

By the way, I didn't actually get them from Anchor but from a company owned by Anchor who sell wholesale - something like M & G Supplies?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman

Smiths W10

I bought a Smiths W10 from Anchor Supplies a couple of years ago when there was quite a bit of interest in the model. It is a beauty and one I wear on special occasions, last worn for my mothers 90th Birthday celebration on 30th Nov. Probably get some wrist time over Christmas.

Terry

G10/98

Very much agree that the CWC G10/98 is as good as it gets in militray watches. Forget the fancy chronos,there is only more to go wrong on them. I had quite a few CWC G10s since 1982 and they have never let me down. If they can survive two Gulf wars they can survive anything!

G10

Out of my collection I think the CWC G10 takes a lot of 'beating'. It is spot on accurate and looks very classy and understated. It is a watch you can depend on. I use it when I am out mountainbiking (Brecon Becons, CtoC, South Downs)) because I know it will take the knocks (and has).
    Truly superb.
    I have ordered one of Eddies G10s for work as the date feature is something I miss. I expect it will too live up to the other G10s no problem!

8)