closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreadnaught GMT sold out?

Apprentice

Dreadnaught GMT sold out?

I think I saw in one of the threads the Dreadnaught sold out already? But how come Eddie's website still shows in stock?

Thanks!

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    [QUOTE="Lartymarf;2944449"]I think I saw in one of the threads the Dreadnaught sold out already? But how come Eddie's website still shows in stock? Thanks![/QUOTE

The batch he had sold out in 13 minutes
    Maybe he hasn't had time to update the site.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

First batch sold out, second batch available once Eddie has dispatched the first 100.
    May show as in stock on the website but if you try to add to the basket it will show the appropriate message.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the replies!

Second 83 isn't it? (111 were sold in the first batch, I recall).

If you want one, your chances are even lower second time around.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I've shipped 63 so far (in 3 days).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Call it a Dreadnaught and that’s what you’ll likely get.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    How did you spend all those hours left over????????

Eddie
    You must be the fittest horologist in the northern Hemisphere!!!

Craftsman

Eddie
    Your customers must have extremely quick fingers as that does not yet cover all those who ordered by 12.05 ie me. Keep up the good pace of packing and fingers crossed for an email tomorrow!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ru55 View Post
    Your customers must have extremely quick fingers as that does not yet cover all those who ordered by 12.05 ie me. Keep up the good pace of packing and fingers crossed for an email tomorrow!
    My confirmation email arrived at 12:07:01 for Order No:RC15234021, so I'm obviously still some way away from dispatch.
    There can't be any other watch retailer that can match 111 sales of the same watch in 13 minutes; one every 7 secs.

12.07 for me and I'm 15234020 ;)

The lowest confirmation number I've seen listed on here is 64 less than mine, so with 63 shipped, fingers crossed I'm next

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post

The lowest confirmation number I've seen listed on here is 64 less than mine, so with 63 shipped, fingers crossed I'm next
    My confirmation arrived 12:07 (4:00 a.m. my time) and my order number is RC15234006 and I've yet to receive notification of dispatch. Hoping to get word any day now - guess I need to work on my F5'ing skills.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post

Mine was 15234075 and confirmation email came at 12:17pm.
    I have received a despatch email from Eddie this afternoon.

Maybe it was because of the watch serial/reference number being engraved....

Looks like I'm last so far ............

Based on previous posts , received email 12:16 for Order Ref RC15234053

So based on the first 100 going sub 15mins I'm in the second batch ?!?

No email as yet from Eddie so mine maybe last to land.

Looking forward to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    There can't be any other watch retailer that can match 111 sales of the same watch in 13 minutes; one every 7 secs.

Meh - the first 50 SBIII sold out in 2mins 38 seconds - I was successful but then got an email saying I was number 53 or something and missed out by 7 seconds :-(

Journeyman
    Order #RC15233974
    Shipped on 26 Nov
    My confirmation email shows 12:12

Quote Originally Posted by msm5 View Post
    Order #RC15233974
    Shipped on 26 Nov
    My confirmation email shows 12:12
    I'm suspecting a lack of linearity here, as my order number is 4 lower than yours, but there's 7 minutes between our confirmations.

Did everyone head off for a cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by tabula rasa View Post
    Mine was 15234075 and confirmation email came at 12:17pm.
    I have received a despatch email from Eddie this afternoon.

Maybe it was because of the watch serial/reference number being engraved....
    I'm spending too much time worrying I know, and it's all because I've not felt like this about a watch for a long time

the lowest confirmation order number I've seen quoted here is 15233966,so if you are 55 orders after me and the lowest is 109 before yours I guess we will find out who of his forumkinder Eddie really loves most ;)

I noticed that the orders weren't coming through in strict numerical order. This is because the shopping cart allocates the next available order reference as soon as you start the order: when you've entered your details and click on "proceed", it goes through to SagePay to enter your card details. When you've done this and SagePay has verified it with your bank, SagePay informs RomanCart that the order has been a success and that's when it is forwarded to me.

The orders which are completed the quickest are the ones which come through first and some banks seem to take longer than others verifying payments.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks for the clarification Eddie

It adds a delightful level of mystery to the whole process that makes me even more excited

And shows, if more proof were needed, just how bloody hard it must be to keep us all happy
    Last edited by de30m; 28th November 2013 at 11:15.

Craftsman
    Hmm... :(

RC15234000
    Confirmation email at 12:06
    But still no dispatch email

One frantic Yorkshireman and a lot of packing materials!

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Hmm... :(

RC15234000
    Confirmation email at 12:06
    But still no dispatch email

they had to look for your money as hard as they did mine then ;)

Confirmation at 12:07 and a fairly low order number (RC15234014) but nothing yet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    Confirmation at 12:07 and a fairly low order number (RC15234014) but nothing yet
    Same here, order No RC15233949 came in at 12.07 but nothing today.

Got my dispatch email

Hurrah

Craftsman

Angry

RC15233962 at 12.05 and no confirmation yet = RBS are as slow as treacle in approving!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry if this had been posted elsewhere but will there be a batch 3? is this limited in total numbers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Sorry if this had been posted elsewhere but will there be a batch 3? is this limited in total numbers?

Thanks
    Eddie has always said the Voyager ISN'T a limited edition, but future batches will depend on availability of the movement, which is 'restricted'.

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

Thanks
    Looks like batch 2 is gone http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ws-nigh/page10 might be a rogue 5 turn up though.

Batch 3 will depend on getting hold of movements.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info.

There's another two now. One customer placed an order then asked me not to ship until February which creates a problem because I'm not supposed to take payment until I ship and the payment authority will have expired by February. When I told him I accept orders for immediate shipping only, he cancelled.

Nice man number 2: place an order asking for number 001 then e-mailed asking if it was a limited edition. When I told him it wasn't intended to be limited, he said he thought it was and wanted to cancel if it wasn't.

I'd love to know what heinous crime I committed in a previous life which has so cursed me in this one.

Eddie

Give the Poor Man a chance -) i wouldn't fancy Eddie's job after such a popular release it must be a logistical nightmare AND where's My desptach email?Just kidding Eddie enjoy a wee dram or three You've earnt it.

There's another two now. One customer placed an order then asked me not to ship until February which creates a problem because I'm not supposed to take payment until I ship and the payment authority will have expired by February. When I told him I accept orders for immediate shipping only, he cancelled.

Nice man number 2: place an order asking for number 001 then e-mailed asking if it was a limited edition. When I told him it wasn't intended to be limited, he said he thought it was and wanted to cancel if it wasn't.

I'd love to know what heinous crime I committed in a previous life which has so cursed me in this one.

Eddie
    No it wasn't me,
    PS any further news on a possible Smiths Chronograph?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Isnt it spelled DreadnOught?

Looking at my new Voyager and now I'm confused as to whether the thread or the watch is incorrect!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_the_Fixer View Post
    Looking at my new Voyager and now I'm confused as to whether the thread or the watch is incorrect!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Dreadnought_(S101)
    Britain's first Nuclear Submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_the_Fixer View Post
    You've got one of the Thai fakes - I'll give you £20 for it

M.

DreadnOught

The US first nuke sub was Nautilus (or is it Naughtilus or Noughtilus).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nautilus_(SSN-571)
    Now I see the watch IS correct and I dont have to send it back to have the spelling fixed!

20 pounds?

Plus my 875 pound fee to put the puzzle bracelet back together!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Eddie has always said the Voyager ISN'T a limited edition, but future batches will depend on availability of the movement, which is 'restricted'.

M
    I wonder how this restriction is carried out. How do "they" determine who gets movements?

I wonder how this restriction is carried out. How do "they" determine who gets movements?
    I think it is more "difficult" than restricted. There is a restricted supply of movements and it is therefore difficult to get hold of the number of movements that you would like.
    It's just a matter of time...

Exactly, my use of the word 'restricted' meant they're hard to get (presumably because they don't make/sell many) rather than Eddie's prevented from having them or they're 'reserved for other use' (although that might well be a factor).

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 5th December 2013 at 12:33.

Apprentice
    MSM5,

You'll have to ask SWATCH. I believe they own ETA and in recent years have been increasing restrictions, for instance: IIRC, they stopped sales of Ebauches a few years ago. Now you can only buy (complete/whole) movements from them. I believe that they probably give production priority to their in-house-owned brands first and any leftovers are then sold to the competitors. (Eddie could probably explain it better, but he's probably still quite busy right now...)

Regards,
    Jeff.

Anybody can by the ETA2824, 2836, 6497, 6498, etc (in theory) but to buy any of the 289X series, you have to have the movements delivered to a Swiss watchmaker and the watches have to be assembled in Switzerland. Now what happens is, the Swiss watch companies who can order them order more than they need so they can sell them to people like me on the secondary market for a profit. This is why supply is not guaranteed.

Eddie

Journeyman
    Thanks for the clarifications Eddie and Jeff. It's even more of a feat than I realized to get a piece like the DN-GMT to market and I appreciate this watch that much more.

Anybody can by the ETA2824, 2836, 6497, 6498, etc (in theory) but to buy any of the 289X series, you have to have the movements delivered to a Swiss watchmaker and the watches have to be assembled in Switzerland. Now what happens is, the Swiss watch companies who can order them order more than they need so they can sell them to people like me on the secondary market for a profit. This is why supply is not guaranteed.

Eddie
    I'm loving the image of watch movement running, a bit like running hooch in the days of American prohibition...

Did this mean, however, that it would be easy (relatively) to have a non-gmt DN21 using a 2824 that wouldn't be anywhere near as constrained?

Wink

I still miss the 2nd batch and feel really lousy. I guees I need to camp here everyday

Quote Originally Posted by kermit e froggy View Post
    I still miss the 2nd batch and feel really lousy. I guees I need to camp here everyday
    Still shows as available to me right now: http://www.timefactors.com/dreadnought.htm

Edit: I stand corrected, you can't add it to the cart.

"Following the launch of the second batch of the Dreadnought Voyager yesterday, ordering is closed until all orders have been shipped.

Apologies for any inconvenience."

Apprentice

When did you get your email about shipping?

I ordered a couple days ago, got the order confirmation but nothing yet on shipping...when did you who ordered get that? A while after?