closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Excel 2007 gurus - please help! I need to know...

Excel 2007 gurus - please help! I need to know...

...how to assign a slider-bar to a particular cell in a spreadsheet such that the number in that cell can be changed by simply moving the slider. This spreadsheet then needs to be shared with colleagues at work, so techy (e.g. complex macro) solutions that require a lot of faffing around would not be suitable.

These slider bars were quite straight forward in Excel 2003! :(

Thanks in advance for all advice. :)

Make sure you have the Developer tab showing (Excel Options then check 'Show Developer tab in the Ribbon').

On Developer tab select Insert then the Scroll Bar (3rd along on 2nd row). Draw on spreadsheet and while selected, Right Click, Format Control and set default value and cell to control.

Many thanks! But when I try this, I get the error message 'scroll value must be between 0 and 30,000.'

My target cell needs a value between 70000 and 300000, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong?! :(

Seems to be a limitation of the ScrollBar.

So use something like 70 min and 300 max in some 'dummy' cell and for the cell you're interested in =1000x this cell.

Red face

Great idea! Thanks again.

Craftsman
    Yes I always found it annoying that you couldn't define the range yourself. The multiplier is the work around.