closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dreadnought Voyager pics - let’s be seeing them!

Your Dreadnought Voyager pics - let’s be seeing them!

I’ll start the ball rolling with this one:

(Yes, it was taken underwater & not on a picture).

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 9th December 2013 at 11:32.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Edited to add some quick pics with the camera.

6.5" wrists.......

Last edited by RLE; 26th November 2013 at 11:34.

That looks a good fit, always thought this one would wear well due to the (relatively) low case and downturned lugs. Your wrist looks quite flat and oval (which is obviously good!).

Ian

Apprentice
    Last edited by seadweller; 26th November 2013 at 12:27.

I'm pretty sure that the slimmer-wristed owners will be confirming that the Voyager doesn't feel too large on them. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seadweller View Post
    with a name like that I expected to at least sea [see] it wet lol

Even with an 8" wrist (I seem to have some long-standing bursitis or the like - my left wrist is thicker than the right [and I'm right-handed!]) I find watches of 50mm lug to lug and over too big - I don't like it when they stick out. I suppose some thinner wrists are broader.

Master
    I was expecting to see photos of old battleships, this being G&D. Nice watches though...........

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I was expecting to see photos of old battleships, this being G&D. Nice watches though...........
    Send me your watch and I'll try and get a photo of my missus wearing it.

I have a 7.5 inch wrist and with 6 links removed (yes 6!) it fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    I have a 7.5 inch wrist and with 6 links removed (yes 6!) it fits perfectly.

a very nice watch , but this pic really shows the colour difference between the 12 marker and the min/24 hands (which is what put me off buying one).

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    a very nice watch , but this pic really shows the colour difference between the 12 marker and the min/24 hands (which is what put me off buying one).
    Are they supposed to match then?

I was going to ask that.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

i have no idea , tho there was some conversation about them and the fact eddie could not get the same colours done as far as i remember , personally if im paying almost 1k for a watch i'd like them to match (the same way that if i bought a pair of socks i'd like them to match) , this is just my opinion on this small detail tho and it obviously has not put sales off - as i said its a great watch.

You might like them to match but where has it ever been said that they were supposed to match? Dial and hands are two completely separate elements.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    You might like them to match but where has it ever been said that they were supposed to match? Dial and hands are two completely separate elements.

Eddie
    I think some folk might have come to that conclusion based on the discussion in the Dreadnought GMT thread. I think you may have said something along the lines that you could not live with the orange hands being a different colour to the 12 marker on the sample you received back in July. To be fair too, the gif thingie at the top of the page also suggests the colours should match.

Martin

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    I think some folk might have come to that conclusion based on the discussion in the Dreadnought GMT thread. I think you may have said something along the lines that you could not live with the orange hands being a different colour to the 12 marker on the sample you received back in July. To be fair too, the gif thingie at the top of the page also suggests the colours should match.

Martin
    Perhaps the 'gif thingie' at the top of the page will soon be changed.

Banned
    why are you all so negative?

if you don't like it move on and buy a Gshock or something, this is a thread to enjoy peoples photos.

Master
    Every thing is blue at the depth this watch is supposed to be at. Come on guys where are all the photos... need more, I won't see mine for another 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Every thing is blue at the depth this watch is supposed to be at. Come on guys where are all the photos... need more, I won't see mine for another 10 days.
    See you're spoilt, it's all black in the UK, or a very, very, very dark green at best!

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman

It looks perfect to me...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post

Martin
    You can always print off a copy of the GIF thingy if you prefer that.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Gethin View Post

Classic!!

Hope all you lucky owners are enjoying your Voyagers, unfortunately didn't land until 1206 on Saturday so by the time I'd shut down and got the iPad out the first batch were already gone.

Fingers crossed for the next release.

Michael

Master
    In real life there is hardly any perceptual difference and certainly absolutely nothing that should stop you ordering 1, it is beautiful.

Sadly mine has to go back in the case and on to to Father Christmas for a surprise belated 21st present for my son Max who wanted a TW Steel which I refused to spend £500 on so I hope he likes it (or not as the case may be :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    You can always print off a copy of the GIF thingy if you prefer that.

Eddie
    I don't much mind one way or the other - it's not a watch for me whatever the colour of the hands. I was just suggesting a possible answer to the question you posed.

Martin

Here's my 10 year old version for dial/hands colour perspective.
    Suits me sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Every thing is blue at the depth this watch is supposed to be at.
    You lose blue around 60m and with a pic I took of the original DN at 109m it was pretty much black.

Back on topic: this is one of my favourite shots of the trip, not of the Voyager particularly but of the juvenile Lionfish. It’s probably only a day-old and as such a rare sighting:

It took a good half-hour for it to gain enough confidence to allow me to approach, but even at that age it was intrigued enough to be attracted to the watch.

R

Craftsman
    Fantastic pic.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You lose blue around 60m and with a pic I took of the original DN at 109m it was pretty much black.

Back on topic: this is one of my favourite shots of the trip, not of the Voyager particularly but of the juvenile Lionfish. It’s probably only a day-old and as such a rare sighting:

It took a good half-hour for it to gain enough confidence to allow me to approach, but even at that age it was intrigued enough to be attracted to the watch.

R
    That is an awesome photo - watch and lionfish! your patience was worth it, well done.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Gethin View Post

Certainly looks better in b&w.

R

Fantastic picture and nice back story as well! Hopefully I can snag a Voyager in the next round!

Blog Entries
    Great pics, lovely watch, couldn't give a Friar about whether the collars and cuffs match.... look forward to seeing more photographs.

Lucky sods, health to wear!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Way too big for my chicken wrists but the watch looks good.

Journeyman
    Just picked up no. 43 from the post office , would say I am surprised at how good the quality is for the price , but as I've got an 82 and a 68 already there's no surprise !

Go on then….

No. 56

No 50 on 6.5" wrist. Not resized the steel yet so looking fine on rubber

Craftsman
    You're the first one to post a pic with the rubber strap on! Makes a much better fit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post

Craftsman
    It does look great on rubber; an Isofrane would be perfect.

Isofrane - Good suggestion. It's actually very comfortable on the rubber and looks superb on both supplied straps. Well done to Eddie for creating such a masterpiece!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Edited to add some quick pics with the camera.

6.5" wrists.......

X

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Here's my 10 year old version for dial/hands colour perspective.
    Suits me sir!

I don't now nor ever have owned or even seen "in the steel" either the original or new GMT Dreadnoughts, but only their images in the many photographs put up of them here at TZ-UK and at the TF website. However, after reading the comments as to the DN-GMT's hand/dial colour matching, I did notice that the PRS-21 in RLE's photo above, and the original PRS-2 in Wildheart's photo above, both show their respective hand colouring to be a slightly deeper and richer hue of the same colour as their respective dial's 12 o'clock hour marker. To say it another way, each version has hands "more orange" or "more yellow" respectively.

Put in still other words, I think it's the nature of the Dreadnought as to that particular detail, and viewing both Wexford's and Barton Red's photos below, it certainly seems like the slight variegation in shade would work just fine for me >

Quote Originally Posted by Wexford View Post
    Go on then….

No. 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post

Thanks for sharing your photo's everyone, they are great to see but it does make the waiting even harder for me

On a strap today. ;-)

R

The original

Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master

R

That's quite a photograph, Ralphy. As good as the DN-GMT looks in it, you are right that it's your little Lionfish friend that steals the show --- its pectoral fins are beautiful and remind me that birds are in a sense just swimming in a much less viscous sea.

In fact, to look at that cute little critter, one wouldn't think it could grow into "THE FISH THAT ATE FLORIDA" > http://www.lionfishhunters.org/

Craftsman
    Ralphy, very cool on leather.

That photo is stunning Ralphy, he must have been tiny!

My contribution....

Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Here's mine, 5 and a half links removed
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a magnificent watch. Love it!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385753550.991280.jpg
    Thank you, Eddie. Well worth the wait.

Edit - good grief. tapatalk photo loading is not the best.
    Last edited by sijoc; 30th November 2013 at 12:03.

Master

"I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"