closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dreadnought Voyager pics - let’s be seeing them!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Its actually the rubber it came with, just not a great photo. Plan to try it on a few alternatives over the next couple of days.
    I have bought the same rubber strap from the shop and it seems mine is a dust magnet. How do you find yours?
    Also, the buckle seems to stick upwards a bit and it often gets caught by the clothes.

I agree it's seems to attract the dust, I actually like it as it gives it a "worn" look. I've had mine on the rubber for just over a week and it's extremely comfortable. I can't see the finish on the clasp lasting so I'll be ordering a spare once the shop reopens and I think it'll look good on a fair few other time factors options, I may even have a go at resizing the steel:)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    ;-)

R
    Great pics!!

I think it would be a good match, but I’m guessing the curved ends wouldn't fit. :-(

R
    Curved end Sinn rubber fits fine...

Craftsman
    ;-)

R
    Is that rust on the bracelet of the DN Voyager?

Pics!

& would this also fit the original?

Curved end Sinn rubber fits fine...
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Pics!

& would this also fit the original?
    Mine is currently on a lovely custom ammo strap (thank you melhick) and Sinn butterfly deployant. If I have time over the weekend I'll take some pics on the Sinn rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    Is that rust on the bracelet of the DN Voyager?
    It’d come out of a pretty mucky sea, so it could be just about anything stuck onto the bracelet: can’t say as I’ve noticed any rust on it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Now on Eddies DN rubber and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Comfy, isn’t it. I’ve got it on another watch at the moment.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

knowing I'd probably scuff up the bracelet in no time

I went straight for the strap, as well,

really comfy and I think gives the watch a whole new look, didn't think I'd risk it, but really glad I did.

saying that I want to get it out there on the bracelet as I love the segmented look and it feels really flexible for such a chunky piece

but for the 1st weekend with the Dreadnought I'll be using the strap and see how long it stays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    knowing I'd probably scuff up the bracelet in no time
    I think you’ll find the bracelet much better than you fear, it’s a very robust piece of kit (as is the one on the DN).

Go on, you know you want to. ;-)

R

The buckle on the supplied DN gmt rubber strap, does it say Dreadnought on it?

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    The buckle on the supplied DN gmt rubber strap, does it say Dreadnought on it?

R

R
    Ah! Thanks.

My Mrs had hidden mine,supposedly until Xmas-Im going to have a good hunt round tomorrow morning while she is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

Ha, I put mine on the Pro II (tang, used the Dreadnought buckle) as soon as it arrived. I think it works well.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    Ha, I put mine on the Pro II (tang, used the Dreadnought buckle) as soon as it arrived. I think it works well.
    :-)

I've learnt 2 things.

1. the Avenger is sufficiently larger than the Voyager that the Pro II would have to be cut shorter to fit the Voyager. So I'm not going to, and I'm putting the bracelet back on.

2. Having got the bracelet off of the Voyager, it's a bit of a swine to get it back on again. One pin slides in and out beautifully and the other doesn't. I've got it back on now, but it's not been easy.

:-)

I've learnt 2 things.

1. the Avenger is sufficiently larger than the Voyager that the Pro II would have to be cut shorter to fit the Voyager. So I'm not going to, and I'm putting the bracelet back on.

2. Having got the bracelet off of the Voyager, it's a bit of a swine to get it back on again. One pin slides in and out beautifully and the other doesn't. I've got it back on now, but it's not been easy.
    Oh, and the screwbars that hold the bracelet to the case are not screwed in anywhere near as tight as the ones on the bracelet itself.

So that's 3 things.

Planning ahead, I wonder if the screwbars (both sorts) are going to be things I can buy to have spares to hand? I'm not sure if they are off the shelf items or specific to the Voyager

Oh, and the screwbars that hold the bracelet to the case are not screwed in anywhere near as tight as the ones on the bracelet itself.

So that's 3 things.

Planning ahead, I wonder if the screwbars (both sorts) are going to be things I can buy to have spares to hand? I'm not sure if they are off the shelf items or specific to the Voyager
    I suspect they are common, there's two spare in the box anyway. Wrist size just under 7".

I suspect they are common, there's two spare in the box anyway. Wrist size just under 7".

Yep, the Pro II is a good match for the Voyager.

On Hirsch Pure 22mm - one of my preferred rubber straps - although even on rubber straps I'd prefer there to be no case gaps.

One thing I noted is that like the DN case the inside case holes are very low down on the Voyager case, which makes the rubber sit very slightly closer to the wrist and helps the strap curve in a fraction more than it would otherwise.

& it weighs in at exactly 135g on the Hirsch, which is probably where it is going to stay for me :)

Some watches used to have two sets of pin holes in the lugs, one set for a bracelet and one set for a strap.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Great pictures.. I didn't think I wanted one before.. now I NEED one

On Hirsch Pure 22mm - one of my preferred rubber straps - although even on rubber straps I'd prefer there to be no case gaps.

One thing I noted is that like the DN case the inside case holes are very low down on the Voyager case, which makes the rubber sit very slightly closer to the wrist and helps the strap curve in a fraction more than it would otherwise.

& it weighs in at exactly 135g on the Hirsch, which is probably where it is going to stay for me :)

Craftsman
    Still in Father Christmas's sack.....I hope:)

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Some watches used to have two sets of pin holes in the lugs, one set for a bracelet and one set for a strap.

Eddie
    Oh the gap is not an issue of the DN-V - it is the same for almost all rounded cases. I'd like to see what a fitted/curved rubber looks like on the case, if there is one that is a close enough fit - just in case. As it is, I like it on the Hirsh Pure and it is very very comfortable, enough to be used as a daily wearer- not something I thought I'd be able to say about it. I really like it

Oh the gap is not an issue of the DN-V - it is the same for almost all rounded cases. I'd like to see what a fitted/curved rubber looks like on the case, if there is one that is a close enough fit - just in case. As it is, I like it on the Hirsh Pure and it is very very comfortable, enough to be used as a daily wearer- not something I thought I'd be able to say about it. I really like it
    Curved springbars will put a curve on most straps provided they aren't too stiff/thick.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks for the tip Eddie, that could be worth a try.

Here is mine :)

I think you’ll find the bracelet much better than you fear, it’s a very robust piece of kit (as is the one on the DN).

Go on, you know you want to. ;-)

R
    Right as ever Ralphy

Here's me out if my depth in the sea of humanity (Westfield White City)

But much more comfortable on the bracelet for me

Great work Eddie again
    Last edited by de30m; 8th December 2013 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by de30m View Post
    Right as ever Ralphy

Here's me out if my depth in the sea of humanity (Westfield White City)

But much more comfortable on the bracelet for me

Great work Eddie again
    Looks absolutely terrific - the dreadnought not Westfield!

Can't wait for mine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by edzt View Post

What sack...can't see a sack.....only a couple of peaches!

Back on topic...I've just ordered an orange Isofrane for my PO (seeing as it didn't sell on SC) and I reckon it would look amazing on the Voyager.....just need the watch now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edzt View Post

What sack...can't see a sack.....only a couple of peaches!

Back on topic...I've just ordered an orange Isofrane for my PO (seeing as it didn't sell on SC) and I reckon it would look amazing on the Voyager.....just need the watch now

Oh, the sweet agony of the wait, oh, was the pain only as trifling as this........

F.T.F.A.

I feel your pain, for, it is mine too.

This is seriously a tough time, the fragrant Mrs T has bought me a different GMT (a 16760) which is out of bounds till Christmas, just to rub salt into the wounds.

Current favourite

What is the clasp you have there?

What is the clasp you have there?
    Sinn butterfly deployant.

Today I strapped on my Dreadnought Voyager for the first time.....What a beauty :)

Well worth the wait.

Couldn't wait to size the bracelet (knew it wasn't something that could be rushed), so fitted a Leather strap instead. Was torn between using one with white stitching or one with orange stitching. Decided to go with the Orange stitching in the end :)

Thanks Eddy, for allowing the rest of us who missed out on the original Dreadnought, to strap one on :)

Cheers

MANoj

Master
    grabbed a quick I phone pic yesterday. no-one needs to be worried about the size of this watch it is not a crazy big thing. I must get round to adding myself to the owners' list.

PRS-21 video HERE

F.T.F.A.

Master
    don't waste your time chaps, it's a bike stand, nothing to do with the watch.

Here's the Voyager alongside a watch that it shares a few attributes with, namely identical lug to lug measurement and identical bezel diameter. Both have very downturned lugs which make them wear a lot smaller than their dimensions suggest. The Dreadnought is however considerably lighter (130g on strap versus 185g for the Seawolf on the rubber deployant) and 4mm thinner.

Here's the Voyager alongside a watch that it shares a few attributes with, namely identical lug to lug measurement and identical bezel diameter. Both have very downturned lugs which make them wear a lot smaller than their dimensions suggest. The Dreadnought is however considerably lighter (130g on strap versus 185g for the Seawolf on the rubber deployant) and 4mm thinner
    I'm surprised.

I've just put my DNV on the scale. 218g

Then my Avenger Seawolf Chrono. 228g

Both on bracelet, both sized for me.

Is your DN strap full of helium?

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    don't waste your time chaps, it's a bike stand, nothing to do with the watch.

What a humourless (insert noun of choice, max 4 letters).
    F.T.F.A.

I'm surprised.

I've just put my DNV on the scale. 218g

Then my Avenger Seawolf Chrono. 228g

Both on bracelet, both sized for me.

Is your DN strap full of helium?
    Just checked again. Same weight as before!

Weighed bracelet - 130g without the end links. So that's why - bracelet weighs more than the watch. Pro II bracelet is 40g lighter (approx, has a few links removed from it whereas the DN bracelet was full length).
    Last edited by marcus fenix; 9th December 2013 at 23:41.

My DN-V on rubber (Hirsch Pure) weighs in at exactly 135g, so not too bad at all. If you leave it on the bracelet, like many watches these days, you get a mini work out - actually, the bracelet on my DN was quite comfortable and suspect the DN-V will be just the same.

My DN-V on rubber (Hirsch Pure) weighs in at exactly 135g, so not too bad at all. If you leave it on the bracelet, like many watches these days, you get a mini work out - actually, the bracelet on my DN was quite comfortable and suspect the DN-V will be just the same.
    I’ve found both bracelets to be comfortable too, I think the curve of the lugs helps a lot in this respect as I’ve had lighter-weight watches that weren’t so comfy at all.

R

Mine weighs in at 214g on the bracelet but it doesn't feel in any way like a hefty lump of steel on the wrist. I have to say that I find the bracelet very comfortable

#151 landed early this A.M. and i must say I'm hugely impressed with the whole package. When i first opened the peli case and saw the watch, it was a proper 'WOW' that looks ace moment.

It went straight onto the rubber and this is where it'll be staying for the time being as i haven't anything else in this combo. Might treat it to one of those Pro II rubber straps if they aren't mega expensive?

I've had a couple of Timefactor watches before that came and went but i think this one will be staying!

Some (average) pics on my 6.75" wrist.