closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Beijing Zungu 6. Alcohol And Ebay Strike Again

Beijing Zungu 6. Alcohol And Ebay Strike Again

Once again, beer + eBay = weird watch. Here's my latest acquisition, a Beijing Zungu 6 which cost me about £130.

It's actually a jolly nice and high quality piece.
    The movement is a thing of beauty with blued screws and swirly decoration things. It's currently running at -10s a day which is pretty good. I messed about with it in all sorts of positions on my timegrapher and it never deviated by more than +/- 2s which it has to be said is exceptional.
    The dial has a bloody lovely sunburst silver effect with an embossed logo. Lume is excellent. The only quality issue of the entire watch (and I'm being VERY anal here) is that one of the dial batons is ever so slightly off.
    The bracelet is reasonable quality though certainly not up to the standard of similar priced Japanese stuff. Clasp logo is stamped rather than crappy laser etching which is commonly found on cheaper watches. Disappointingly, it wouldn't fit my 7.5" wrist. One more link would have done the trick. Unfortunately spare links are not available, hence it's currently on a cheapo leather. I might try it on a mesh.
    I'm actually rather pleased with it. It's not incredible for the money but comparing it to Swiss/Japanese stuff it's a bit of a bargain.

Some pics:

I rather like that.

As a late-night alcohol fuelled eBay purchase, I reckon that you did well. Try drinking more next time, and let us know how that goes

And incidentally, there's no need to start showing off and trying to impress us with horological tech-speak like "swirly decoration things".

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Which marker is off?

I like that a lot actually. Something different, not boring, cheap enough to not worry too much about it... and it doesn't try too hard.

I salute your drunken purchasing choice sir.

Craftsman
    Looks okay and finished off nicely for the moola not bad

- - - Updated - - -

Looks okay and finished off nicely for the moola not bad

Looks very nice, like it very much.
    Hope the quality follows design.
    The watchmaking in China obviously develops in the right way.
    Who knows what they will produce after a few years.
    Maybe you will not need alcohol to hit buy now button.
    Wear it in good healt and enjoy.

Well, for £130 you got something not bad at all. Wear it well!

Master
    Can't go wrong for £130. Shame they didn't include a few extra links.

I wonder why they put the forbidden city on the dial.