closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Voyager; "Great Britain" vice "Made in Germany"

Voyager; "Great Britain" vice "Made in Germany"

Sorry if this has been covered before but none of my searches have uncovered the answer...

What's different about the supply/value chain on the Voyager that it now proudly boasts "Great Britain" on the dial?

I've found information about where the original Dreadnought was assembled, but not seen similar fir the new watch.

If this is already known, can some kind soul point me in the right direction please.

Both watches share the same assembly process AFAIK.

Timefactors is a Great Britain company. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Both watches share the same assembly process AFAIK.

R
    Happy with that, though I wasn't sure if there were rules that covered such things.

I guess as there's no "made in" before the "Great Britain" that such rules wouldn't apply.

Craftsman
    The first DN was assembled (by Fricker, I guess) and chronometer certified by Dirk Dornblüth, both in Germany. The DN Voyager is assembled by Roland Kemmner (who was with Fricker at the time of the first DN) - also in Germany. So there is no significant difference in origin between the two DN versions. The change in "made in ..." seems to be purely a change in Eddie's mind on what should be printed on the watch. When the first DN was introduced, "Made in Germany" was a sign of quality, but since then micro watch brands with quality watches has shot up in a lot of countries, so watches which don't have "Germany" or "Swiss" on them is no longer looked upon with suspicion. Also, since the first DN, Timefactors have created quite a reputation and is by now well known and respected. Since Eddie is British, there's no reason he shouldn't put "Great Britain" on his watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

And that was good enough for customs in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    there's no reason he shouldn't put "Great Britain" on his watches.
    And so say all of us!!