closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 17C 'Mission Timer'?

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    I'm surprised with myself in that after looking at the shrouded and open lugs I'm now in the shrouded camp. The head looks far better proportioned and there's a design continuity with the flat profile of the pushers that results in a more coherent look. The bezel overhang with the open lugs just doesn't look right at all and as previously mentioned they result in a budget appearance with the flat profile on the end link on the bracelet.

Yes. +1
    Your watch matters

Master
    Sydney, Australia, and Devon/Wiltshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    They must have had a custom date wheel printed but the position on the dial is the same. It's also a larger watch, which is why the date isn't at the edge.

Eddie
    The quartz Revue Thommen is actually a bit smaller - it had 37.5mm case.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    That's a surprise because the movement is 13 1/4 lignes (30mm). If you take into account the movement holder and the thickness of the case, I would have thought it would be larger.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Still listening.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    That's a surprise because the movement is 13 1/4 lignes (30mm). If you take into account the movement holder and the thickness of the case, I would have thought it would be larger.

Eddie
    Well, I measured mine at 37.5mm excluding crown, 40mm incl crown, confirmed by a search online. It's 10.5mm thick IIRC.

Master
    Still listening.

Eddie
    I like countdown bezels, but would find a GMT bezel on a chrono really useful. Any chance of getting the 0-12 bezel insert as an option in the package for fitting later, like the PRS-17C?

Quite a lot going on so was wondering what would happen if the running seconds took a minimalism lecture...

Just messing around. The Precista script isn't my favourite, but I like the way this one is heading a lot.

Still listening.

Eddie
    I am pleased to see you are favouring hooded lugs once more but I much prefer yellow highlights to orange.

Martin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Quite a lot going on so was wondering what would happen if the running seconds took a minimalism lecture...

Just messing around. The Precista script isn't my favourite, but I like the way this one is heading a lot.
    Agreed - I like that first simplified running seconds display, too - a bit like the 24 hr display on a Lemania 5100 dial.

I like the 5-second marker running second dial, but I don't like the dark orange - AT ALL!

Yellow hands are a big part of the 17C design, IMO.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Still tweaking and heading in the right direction
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

yellow hands and blasted not polished crown and I'd buy one today*. Pleased to see the hooded lugs back, I've always worn my old tag F1 chrono on a nato despite the hooded lugs, so there are options beside the bracelet.

The simplified running seconds dial is a good idea too.

*I'd buy one with a polished crown and orange hands anyway.
    Last edited by kace; Yesterday at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    I am pleased to see you are favouring hooded lugs once more but I much prefer yellow highlights to orange.

Martin
    I don't care so much about the steel ones but for the PVD one it will have to be orange or red even.

And when all is done and dusted, perhaps even a white dial with red accents and the steel bezel.
    Your watch matters

I donít like the minimalist running seconds renders. I could live with the first one but the last 2 deviate too much from the look of the Sinn NaBo clock dial for my liking:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/n...ryday.5183489/

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I agree. Iíve got the black dial and the red dial version. My recollection was that they were 38.5 mm diameter, but if youíve measured yours, 37.5mm it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post

Martin
    I agree regarding the hooded lugs (shrouded case). Integrated square/rectangular chronograph pushers look best with a Tutima NATO style case, which of course has hooded lugs. These features combined with the Sinn NaBo dial and Sinn EZM-1 style countdown bezel in my view add up to something that is more than the sum of its parts, so to speak.

The shrouded case (if not the bezel, dial or pushers) also reminds me a little of the Tutima Pacific Quartz Chronograph:

https://allwatches.org/en/tutima-mil...ograph-p37125/

https://www.righttime.com/rt/pre-owned/759-02ref.htm

This watch features the ETA 251.262 like the PRS-17C. Iíve got one and itís a good watch. Iíve never understood why Sinn and Tutima didnít make more use of this movement during years between the demise of the Lemania 5100 and the development of their own Valjoux 7750 based central minutes chronograph calibres. Tutima used the quartz movement in the short-lived Pacific and Field chronographs, but Sinn didnít use the movement at all. Sinn instead used the Dubois-Depraz 2070 module to piggy back on an ETA 2892 for central minutes chronograph function in the Sinn 142 II if I recall correctly.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    I donít like the minimalist running seconds renders. I could live with the first one but the last 2 deviate too much from the look of the Sinn NaBo clock dial for my liking:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/n...ryday.5183489/
    Yeah, I don't like the minimal running seconds as well. Would very much prefer the original running seconds render.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-STV View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the minimal running seconds as well. Would very much prefer the original running seconds render.
    +1
    Your watch matters

This is moving in a great direction.

Looking at the minute hand for me this is a touch too long and could do with being reduced so there is half the minute marker visible to the edge of the dial.

For me there's also something not quite right overall about the hour and minute hands but I can't put my finger on it. It may be the shape/style or the white outline/boarder?

It looks to me like the minute hand is a tad wider than the hour hand, which is not very traditional. Perhaps that's it

I think that may be it, almost as if the widths have been transposed.

My comment about reducing the minute hand length would still apply though.