closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 17C 'Mission Timer'?

Is the black version now sold out as well?

Quote Originally Posted by david stinson View Post
    Is the black version now sold out as well?
    Apparently so from the Timefactors website.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Apparently so from the Timefactors website.
    Never sure what "sold out" means now with the new website — does it mean actually sold out or just that the most recent open weekend's allotment is sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by david stinson View Post
    Never sure what "sold out" means now with the new website — does it mean actually sold out or just that the most recent open weekend's allotment is sold out?
    I'd agree - There's a specific note that the Ceramic Bezel is sold out, but the DLC one shows as 'sold out' currently, while the all stainless one doesn't.

I guess you'll need to wait until the store reopens, unless Eddie or his colleague confirms one way or another.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

It's been a while since I've had one of Eddie's watches - at least, since I had one that stuck. I received this 56 in a trade last week, and...

... it's really good, guys. It does a lot of the things I need from a watch - WR, great lume, independent hour hand. I thought it was a 20mm lug width and had it on a Haveston canvas for a while, but I'm a dummy.

Now it's a Hook strap and feels about perfect.

The case is interesting - 40mm wide but under 44mm lug to lug? It reminds me of nothing less than the Omega X-33 Skywalker - the shape, the buttons.

I love it.

Drop me a note when you want to move it on......

I have been looking at the one on watch sales recently.
    Not my usual type, but I’d like to give one a go sometime.

Anybody want to swap?

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Drop me a note when you want to move it on......
    Me? A flipper? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Me? A flipper? :)
    I never said that.
    Merely reflecting that I am without a Mission Timer, and I would like one....

Ha, I have this coming up for sale soon!

EDIT - and the fact that I'm choosing to keep the 56 over this 140 says something about something.

Master
    Keep an eye on those bracelet screws folks, one of the ones securing the clasp just fell out of mine. Fortunately the watch was under a jumper sleeve so it didn't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Keep an eye on those bracelet screws folks, one of the ones securing the clasp just fell out of mine. Fortunately the watch was under a jumper sleeve so it didn't fall.
    The bracelets are always supplied without threadlock to enable easy sizing but I would alwsys recommend using threadlock (blue) once sized.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I feel as if I've been spamming this page with pics, but I can't quite get over how good the PRS-56 is.

No one sets out to make a bad watch, I know, and there are so many little variations that can spoil a watch for me, for you, for anyone. Hands too long, too thick, wrong proportions. But the 56 is, to my eyes, about perfect. The size is right - 40mm is about the sweet spot for so many watches. The square pushers are in proportion and have a very positive action. The ceramic bezel, with lumed indices, just works.

The chrono hands are clearly defined and very legible.

I initially thought that the watch took 20mm straps, but 22mm is fine, clean, and a good fit. (This is a Haveston canvas.) The kume is excellent, and the stepping hour hand is the cherry on top.

It really is a very good watch.

Yes it's every bit as good as you say, however I couldn't get along with the seconds hand being hidden below 12 o'clock, it would just require the dial to be flipped on the movement, to have the pushers at 3 and the seconds hand above 6, it would then be perfect.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

You have the PRS-56 but not keen on the chrono hands obscuring small seconds?
    How about changing their position using the instructions on the website for resetting the chrono hands and set them at 6:00, they then count round from 6:00 as the start point, and looks like this

Master
    Got one this from SC and am loving it!

Really legible and comfortable to wear. The pushers and crown being on the ‘wrong’ side will take getting used to but that’s ok.

Wearing it on the NATO style strap it came with at the moment and may try the bracelet too.

Quite fancy it on a tan leather strap based on the pictures above.

Interested to learn how different straps look on it and how they work out. I have a 22mm Erica’s style one I can use, but any other pictures of one on different straps would be welcome.

Master
    It's months since I set mine, it now appears to be about half a second fast. Amazing.