closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 801 to 847 of 847

Thread: 17C 'Mission Timer'?

  1. #801
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    286


    My shipping notification came minutes after my post yesterday. Loving it so far. Not the biggest fan of this strap, but the colour matches, and I think it looks great.

  2. #802
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    286
    I also didnt realise about the GMT style hour hand, or that pressing the top chrono pusher with the chrono running stops the second hand, but upon pressing it again the chrono skips forward. Clever stuff indeed!

  3. #803
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,747
    Got the "On its way" email from Timefactors this morning but nothing from UPS with a shipping number yet ?

    maseman

  4. #804
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    I also didnt realise about the GMT style hour hand, or that pressing the top chrono pusher with the chrono running stops the second hand, but upon pressing it again the chrono skips forward. Clever stuff indeed!
    Can you explain the chrono pusher bit, please? Not sure if I got the purpose of it.

  5. #805
    Split time Chronograph. You can use it for lap timing, etc. Make a note of the first reading and then jump to elapsed time to carry on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave from Timefactors

    Timefactors Insta //
    Record Label // Insta // Soundcloud

  6. #806
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Brammer View Post
    Split time Chronograph. You can use it for lap timing, etc. Make a note of the first reading and then jump to elapsed time to carry on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You did a much better job of explaining what I was trying to say!

  7. #807
    Haha, it took me a couple of attempts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave from Timefactors

    Timefactors Insta //
    Record Label // Insta // Soundcloud

  8. #808
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,747
    Woo hoo !!!
    Canít believe I the first stainless steel bezel to post !!!


    Arrived this afternoon.

    maseman


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #809
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    459
    I was tempted by the steel bezel and it looks great.

  10. #810
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Brammer View Post
    Split time Chronograph. You can use it for lap timing, etc. Make a note of the first reading and then jump to elapsed time to carry on.
    If this is the case then it is amazing! It means that you can start the chronograph, then split it, which implies that the internal measurement is running but the hands are not moving and unnecessarily draining the battery... later on you can un-split it and carry on with measurement.

    I had this facility in a Seiko but it cannot be done with the PRS-40 Chrono.

  11. #811
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,747
    Cheers, decided I had enough black bezeled watches so opted for the steel.
    Eddie's bracelets are getting smaller though - no links out of this one, just
    one notch in on the micro.

    maseman


    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I was tempted by the steel bezel and it looks great.

  12. #812
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,483
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Cheers, decided I had enough black bezeled watches so opted for the steel.
    Eddie's bracelets are getting smaller though - no links out of this one, just
    one notch in on the micro.

    maseman
    Are you sure it's the bracelets?

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  13. #813
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Cheers, decided I had enough black bezeled watches so opted for the steel.
    Eddie's bracelets are getting smaller though - no links out of this one, just
    one notch in on the micro.

    maseman
    I have relatively small wrists so needed to take four links out.
    I now have it on a Breitling canvas and I think it looks good.

  14. #814
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I have relatively small wrists so needed to take four links out.
    I now have it on a Breitling canvas and I think it looks good.
    Nice combo with the black bezel.

    maseman

  15. #815
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I have relatively small wrists so needed to take four links out.
    I now have it on a Breitling canvas and I think it looks good.
    It looks amazing ...and probably costs more than the watch.

  16. #816
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    35,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ha ha, it probably does, echo the looks though.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  17. #817
    If anyone is thinking of wearing the watch on an Erikas Original style strap, donít forget (I did! ) that being a Destro the strap goes on the opposite way round! I spent a happy ten minutes wondering exactly what I had done wrong after fitting mine yesterday. 蘿

  18. #818



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Considered Tactical to keep out of harm's way and prevent catching on things, like the Sinn EZM1.

    Though as the case is more Tutima than Sinn, also with the flat pushers, I would have preferred a RHD arrangement like Tutima ZTZ as this is the reason for the flat pushers.
    Each to their own !
    Presumably the movement is just upside down so pusher functions are reversed to usual (bottom to start/stop, too to reset).
    Personally think looks unbalanced with subdial at 12 but as you say, each to their own!

  20. #820
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Presumably the movement is just upside down so pusher functions are reversed to usual (bottom to start/stop, too to reset).
    Personally think looks unbalanced with subdial at 12 but as you say, each to their own!
    It's not entirely unknown,



    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  21. #821
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sheffield - England
    Posts
    1,545

    Possible typo in specification ?

    "316L stainless steel, choice or bead blasted or DLC finish"

    Am I correct in thinking, having now looked at all the photos of those just received, that the 1st "or" should actually be "of " ?

    I'd put a WTB on the basis that 1 option would be a s/s polished case but think I may have misinterpreted the spec ?

  22. #822
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,483
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    "316L stainless steel, choice or bead blasted or DLC finish"

    Am I correct in thinking, having now looked at all the photos of those just received, that the 1st "or" should actually be "of " ?

    I'd put a WTB on the basis that 1 option would be a s/s polished case but think I may have misinterpreted the spec ?
    Definitely NOT polished.

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  23. #823
    After a few days wearing the Mission Timer, Iím loving this watch. I love the general look, I like the weight, the functionality of the movement is excellent, itís really legible. The standout in all this, though, is the way the Lume works. Sure, itís bright, charges fast, is readily readable. The fun bit for me is how the bezel lume and the face lume work together to give an amazing, 3D tunnel effect which, once I saw it, I couldnít look away from.
    Great job, and actually well worth the wait from conception to delivery.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #824
    Bloody hell! Got one this time!

  25. #825
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    3,252
    And for once - at long sodding last - I was in front of a computer at the right time, and (according to the email...) managed to secure a ceramic bezel. YES!

  26. #826
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    3,252
    Must be a quiet afternoon chez Eddie - still showing as available to buy!

  27. #827
    Hi all

    Like most folk here I have been waiting years for the Mission Timer, so it's amazing to finally have this on my wrist :-)

    I went for the standard black bezel and for the pictures attached I have a Barton black rubber/canvas strap.





    Thanks Eddie for a fantastic watch :-)
    deano

  28. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    I would love to see one of these made.
    Nine years after my post and a forum absence of 4 years I'm really grateful to have ordered a PVD one of these!

  29. #829
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's not entirely unknown,



    Eddie
    Not unknown, but in this case the sub-dial is much larger and the central hands don't obscure it.

    Will there be another run with a right hand drive version by any chance ?

  30. #830
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    5,513
    I posted this on Page 8 of this thread,



    This is where the dial design comes from (in the main).
    The sub-dial can be obscured because it is only really there as a "proof of life" sub-dial, to show the movement is still working.
    Given the trouble Eddie had with the movements on special order from ETA, I think this will be a one-off production run, but I may be wrong.....

  31. #831
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    24
    Thanks.

  32. #832
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,444
    Anyone familiar with the Sinn 717 ?


    https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/04/05

  33. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I posted this on Page 8 of this thread,



    This is where the dial design comes from (in the main).
    The sub-dial can be obscured because it is only really there as a "proof of life" sub-dial, to show the movement is still working.
    Given the trouble Eddie had with the movements on special order from ETA, I think this will be a one-off production run, but I may be wrong.....
    Now i'm really glad that I ordered the black DLC version. They are all great (and if possible i would maybe have even bought one of each) but it seems the all black one matches this origin story. Still waiting for mine to arrive and am very much looking forward to it.

  34. #834
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    5,513
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Anyone familiar with the Sinn 717
    Indeed, at about 10 x the price of the Mission Timer, and Sinn themselves only had the option of putting the running seconds in the wrong place.
    Not sure why, but Sinn won a design award for that one too.........
    D

  35. #835
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,444
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    ....Sinn themselves only had the option of putting the running seconds in the wrong place.
    Not sure why, .........

    D
    The movement is a 7750 base and that is where the seconds are. They would have had to make it a bullhead to get the seconds in the right place. On the NABO clock the controls are actually at the bottom.

    To me the 717 is grail material if it wasn't for the size and thickness 45mm x 15.3mm. I mean really? You might as well strap the clock on your wrist.

  36. #836
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    24
    Yes the movement dictates sub-dial placement.

    The NaBo 17 is using a pocket/stop watch movement and with the pushers at the bottom then the sub-dial is at the top.
    Same layout as the Panerai watches where movement and right side winder dictates sub at 9.

    The design choice is where to put the crown/pushers not where the sub-dial goes.
    Depending on the Borduhren functions and movement chosen the single sub-dial can be at 12 or 6 for different movements and manufacturers.

  37. #837
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    3,252
    Got my shipping notice from The Boss - due on Friday! Yes!

  38. #838
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,444
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    ...

    The NaBo 17 is using a pocket/stop watch movement and with the pushers at the bottom then the sub-dial is at the top.

    ....
    I did not know that. Interesting!

  39. #839
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    24
    NaBo 16 mentioned as using a version of the Valjoux 5 movement
    Valjoux Calibre 19”’ family Valjoux 5 KVM.

    Can't find a reference to the NaBo 17 ZM specific movement variant other than Calibre 5
    https://sinn-uhrenforum.de/index.php...threadID=13445

    This is a reference for the Valjoux 5 KVM with other variants linked
    https://reference.grail-watch.com/movement/valjoux-5/

    This thread has a lovely shot of the movement in a different variant of the 17. Clearly a Sinn version of the Valjoux 5
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...7-Sinn-NaBo-17
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    The movement looks rather nice

    Knirim
    http://www.knirim.de/a008mond.htm
    Last edited by judge; 21st September 2022 at 16:50.

  40. #840

  41. #841
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    24
    Looks Lovely

    🤗
    Last edited by judge; 22nd September 2022 at 17:20.

  42. #842
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    3,252
    Mine arrived today, and I am deeply impressed. The watch, packaging, ancillaries, overall presentation and especially value-for-money are all outstanding.

    I own a lot of chronos, and yet the button-action on this alone is nicer than any others, even at far higher prices.

    This is my kind of watch, and, if anything is better in the metal than the pictures ever suggested. It's certainly more compact than I expected - it wears really nicely, and is not bulky or heavy as I thought it might be, even with the steel bracelet.

    I've often read people waxing-hyperbolic over Eddie's works, now I see why - as I've said elsewhere, bigger names could learn something from Timefactors.



    Still with its plastic protective films in place...

    ...aaaand the reason for that is another, unexpected incoming, which cost a lot more, means this will probably have to go for 'rehoming' while it's still mint...

    I will almost certainly regret this, but £needs must...

  43. #843
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    27,436
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Mine arrived today, and I am deeply impressed. The watch, packaging, ancillaries, overall presentation and especially value-for-money are all outstanding.

    I own a lot of chronos, and yet the button-action on this alone is nicer than any others, even at far higher prices.

    This is my kind of watch, and, if anything is better in the metal than the pictures ever suggested. It's certainly more compact than I expected - it wears really nicely, and is not bulky or heavy as I thought it might be, even with the steel bracelet.

    I've often read people waxing-hyperbolic over Eddie's works, now I see why - as I've said elsewhere, bigger names could learn something from Timefactors.



    Still with its plastic protective films in place...

    ...aaaand the reason for that is another, unexpected incoming, which cost a lot more, means this will probably have to go for 'rehoming' while it's still mint...

    I will almost certainly regret this, but £needs must...
    They are indeed a cracking watch, I've been going off chronographs for sometime but had to give the MT a go, it's hard to fault but I confirm that dive watches are 'my thing', passed mine on via the forum - damn good value.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

    'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory'.

  44. #844
    Mine arrived today. I still remember that first post in 2007, and, all these years later, i cannot believe I finally have one.

    A perfectly executed tool watch. Has surprised me in many ways, for example how well the hooded lugs work with a black Nato. i will perhaps try a Marine Nationale stype strap at some point in the future if funds permit.

    Almost tempted to say it's my favourite Timefactors watch so far (and I had an original Dreadnought way back when).

    Thank you Eddie for seeing this through to the end, and to the original authors of that first set of posts that got this underway.

  45. #845
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    35,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Mine arrived today, and I am deeply impressed. The watch, packaging, ancillaries, overall presentation and especially value-for-money are all outstanding.

    I own a lot of chronos, and yet the button-action on this alone is nicer than any others, even at far higher prices.

    This is my kind of watch, and, if anything is better in the metal than the pictures ever suggested. It's certainly more compact than I expected - it wears really nicely, and is not bulky or heavy as I thought it might be, even with the steel bracelet.

    I've often read people waxing-hyperbolic over Eddie's works, now I see why - as I've said elsewhere, bigger names could learn something from Timefactors.



    Still with its plastic protective films in place...

    ...aaaand the reason for that is another, unexpected incoming, which cost a lot more, means this will probably have to go for 'rehoming' while it's still mint...

    I will almost certainly regret this, but £needs must...

    Really nice piece, if only those crown and pushers were on the other side......
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  46. #846




    A couple of more pics, really enjoying this one and first new watch in an absolute age!

  47. #847
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,483
    Love the photos of the black one, but I really don't need another black watch...

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information